Reform UK Overtakes Tories in Polls for the First Time

Social Media

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They are expats on Non-immigrant visas that meet the financial requirements to obtain permission of stay. 

It's a facile and pointless comparison. 

Not really, just like the asylum seekers you complain about - many 'immigrants' (the term expat is highly offensive) also game the system with visa runs, etc 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. That is asylum seekers. 

Illegal immigrants are deported to their own countries.

Not according to the UK government:

"1. The Illegal Migration Bill will change the law so that people who come to the UK illegally will not be able to stay. Instead, they will be detained and then promptly removed, either to their home country or a safe third country like Rwanda. Crucially, the Home Secretary will be under a legal duty to make arrangements for the removal of illegal entrants falling within the scheme."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/illegal-migration-bill-factsheets/illegal-migration-bill-overarching-factsheet

Has something changed since the bill was enacted into law?

5 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Not really, just like the asylum seekers you complain about - many 'immigrants' (the term expat is highly offensive) also game the system with visa runs, etc 

Just a small point. I've looked up definitions of "expat" and nowhere is it indicated that the term is even mildly offensive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Why are the Brits so annoyed about immigration in the UK, when they themselves have invaded Pattaya. 

Hardly the beacon of quality visitors either. None of them speak Thai. None of them intergrate into Thai society (unless it's getting a massage). And most are drunk sex visitors with vulnerable women. 

Yet the same Brits have the temerity to go on about immigration back in the UK as if hypocrisy is all lost on them. 

They play the same system too with border runs, owning businesses which is technically a grey area unless they game the system and take a pretend Thai wife. What about the long term Muay Thai visas etc 

They do the same crap in Spain too. 

Edited by JoeyMac
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Just a small point. I've looked up definitions of "expat" and nowhere is it indicated that the term is even mildly offensive.

Yeah white immigrants have given themselves the name 'expat'. Could an Indian, Pakistani, or Chinese person be an expat? The irony is completely lost on you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JoeyMac said:

Yeah white immigrants have given themselves the name 'expat'. Could an Indian, Pakistani, or Chinese person be an expat? The irony is completely lost on you. 

Even if what you're claiming is accurate, how does that make "expat" denigratory? 

21 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Quote from the BBC directly (link below):Indians, who form the largest expat community, are likely to be the worst affected.

White immigrants have not given themselves the name expat, it is derived from the word expatriate. Since you have previously mentioned the British, here is the BBC reporting on Indian expats in Kuwait (after 3 seconds of a Google search using the term.) 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53361538

• Like 2

20 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

They are illegal immigrants. 

Most get deported. Those that claim asylum stay until their cases are heard. They don't cause unemployment, low salaries or housing issues, the subject of the comment I replied to.

How bad is illegal immigration in the UK?

Even the most basic calculations put the economic burden on the British taxpayer of an illegal migration population of 1.2 million at £14.4 billion. That is just shy of 10% of NHS England's budget for this year.7 May 2024  

In 2022 over 45,000 illegal immigrants crossed the channel in small boats, followed by some 30,000 in 2023. Most were allowed in with no criminal checks. Over 17,000 have gone missing. 

17 Feb 2024  The government is considering plans to allow dentists from abroad to work without taking an exam to check their education and skills. This lack vetting also applies to other industries when false diplomas / qualifications are shown .

What percentage of UK crime is committed by immigrants?
The statistics show that the asylum-group is highly over
presented for some types of crime. They account for 
14.3 percent of all suspects in crimes against life (which include murder, manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter), 12.2 percent of sexual offences, 11.4 percent of thefts and 9.7 percent of body injuries.

All the above stats are easy to find using Google .

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Net loss from Brexit has been 140 Billion so far. 

Yet we are meant to trust Farage again ? Totally nuts some people. 

It may have skipped your mind, but Nigel Farage was never the PM, he never had ANY political power and ALL of the subsequent Brexit negotiations were done by the party in power, the Tory party. So if they got it wrong, and IMHO they did, how can it be the fault of Nigel Farage as he was not involved in the negotiations at all.

The majority of the British people, and I was one of them, voted for Brexit. The losers and the whiners have NEVER stopped whining over the last 8 years, because they cannot accept that they lost.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, superal said:

Even the most basic calculations put the economic burden on the British taxpayer of an illegal migration population of 1.2 million at £14.4 billion. That is just shy of 10% of NHS England's budget for this year.7 May 2024  

In 2022 over 45,000 illegal immigrants crossed the channel in small boats, followed by some 30,000 in 2023. Most were allowed in with no criminal checks. Over 17,000 have gone missing. 

17 Feb 2024  The government is considering plans to allow dentists from abroad to work without taking an exam to check their education and skills. This lack vetting also applies to other industries when false diplomas / qualifications are shown .

14.3 percent of all suspects in crimes against life (which include murder, manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter), 12.2 percent of sexual offences, 11.4 percent of thefts and 9.7 percent of body injuries.

But, apparently, the links are so difficult to post.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

However it is offensive to quite a few snowflakes and woke's who cannot accept any reality other than their own. They are a very vocal minority. There are several that even post on TVF, AN or the Thaiger.

They personally remind me of the little buzzing flies that need swatting occasionally.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

It may have skipped your mind, but Nigel Farage was never the PM, he never had ANY political power and ALL of the subsequent Brexit negotiations were done by the party in power, the Tory party. So if they got it wrong, and IMHO they did, how can it be the fault of Nigel Farage as he was not involved in the negotiations at all.

The majority of the British people, and I was one of them, voted for Brexit. The losers and the whiners have NEVER stopped whining over the last 8 years, because they cannot accept that they lost.

That's just not true...

The majority of eligible voters who voted, voted for BREXIT, & as the registered voter turn out was about 72.21% works out to be approx. 37% of eligible voters, no where near "The Majority of British People". 

image.png.e37f96ece72549584aa4d50f2f89b2fe.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JoeyMac said:

Why are the Brits so annoyed about immigration in the UK, when they themselves have invaded Pattaya. 

Hardly the beacon of quality visitors either. None of them speak Thai. None of them intergrate into Thai society (unless it's getting a massage). And most are drunk sex visitors with vulnerable women. 

Yet the same Brits have the temerity to go on about immigration back in the UK as if hypocrisy is all lost on them. 

They play the same system too with border runs, owning businesses which is technically a grey area unless they game the system and take a pretend Thai wife. What about the long term Muay Thai visas etc 

They do the same crap in Spain too. 

I don’t agree with the broad generalizations, but then I tend not to.

For example, a small, but not insignificant number of westerners in Thailand break the law, some commit heinous crimes.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who agrees it would be grossly wrong to accuse or associate all westerns in Thailand with the crimes of these small minority.

And labelling whole communities with the crimes of a tiny minority from those communities is a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

That's just not true...

The majority of eligible voters who voted, voted for BREXIT, & as the registered voter turn out was about 72.21% works out to be approx. 37% of eligible voters, no where near "The Majority of British People". 

image.png.e37f96ece72549584aa4d50f2f89b2fe.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum

Pedantry!

People who don't vote, don't count.

Same for the upcoming election; when Labour are announced as winners their percentage vote will be recorded as a percentage of total votes cast - not including eligible voters who couldn't be 4rsed to exercise their democratic gift.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superal said:

I have no idea where your figures come from but they are so incorrect.

As an example, 1.2 million is the figure for visas issued. They are legal immigrants. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Well said but I would just add that not all Brits who live in Pattaya do border runs or sit in a bar all day, I live in Wongamat & it's nothing like what people think life is like "living in Pattaya". 

Thank you.

I live about 500km from Pattaya and have no idea who does what down there, so rather than saying something I know nothing about, I left it for other posters living there to comment.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I think the voters will at this election.

British people have had enough, and rightly so. 

Strangely, the election winners will likely be the party who have voted against the measures to reduce illegal immigration.

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Well said but I would just add that not all Brits who live in Pattaya do border runs or sit in a bar all day, I live in Wongamat & it's nothing like what people think life is like "living in Pattaya". 

Wongamat, a rather pleasant spot.

Though not technically Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The link to the UK Gov immigration website that I posted earlier suggests otherwise. 

I was speaking about present and past procedures. Not future and possibly not going to happen procedures.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, placeholder said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67567401  , 

44 minutes ago, placeholder said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-68325203 ,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime#:~:text=The statistics show that the,9.7 percent of body injuries   ,   https://www.bbc.com/news/health-68325203 

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Strangely, the election winners will likely be the party who have voted against the measures to reduce illegal immigration.

Voted against performative cruelty that clearly has had zero impact on reducing immigration.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Not according to the UK government:

"1. The Illegal Migration Bill will change the law so that people who come to the UK illegally will not be able to stay. Instead, they will be detained and then promptly removed, either to their home country or a safe third country like Rwanda. Crucially, the Home Secretary will be under a legal duty to make arrangements for the removal of illegal entrants falling within the scheme."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/illegal-migration-bill-factsheets/illegal-migration-bill-overarching-factsheet

Has something changed since the bill was enacted into law?

If you see my post, I wrote it in the present tense.

So, no, nothing has changed. 

Unless you can show how many undocumented illegal immigrants have been sent to Rwanda or other safe countries 

6 minutes ago, superal said:

1.2 million illegal immigrant population?

Low skilled or unskilled legal immigrants?

Your links don't prove a great deal of your comment. 

Missing illegal immigrants cost the government nothing. They are illegal. Hence they are hiding. No benefits, can't use NHS, not living in hotels .......

Citing Wikipedia is laughable.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Voted against performative cruelty that clearly has had zero impact on reducing immigration.

No. Voted on measures that are, due to opposition, as yet untested.

If you can prove they would have zero impact, if allowed to proceed, please do.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. Voted on measures that are, due to opposition, as yet untested.

If you can prove they would have zero impact, if allowed to proceed, please do.

What was the vote count?

Did Labour voting against the Government prevent the Bill passing?

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What was the vote count?

Did Labour voting against the Government prevent the Bill passing?

No, but plans have been blocked. There's been opposition in the Lords. 

There is no proof, you haven't provided any, that the plan has had no impact or that it would have no impact if allowed to proceed.

If you can prove otherwise, please do.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No, but plans have been blocked. There's been opposition in the Lords. 

There is no proof, you haven't provided any, that the plan has had no impact or that it would have no impact if allowed to proceed.

If you can prove otherwise, please do.

The plan was already announced, flights were supposed to be leaving, immigrants were being rounded up.

Zero impact