About thai food

Encee

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

You will 2 weeks on the toilet and one week sitting in traffic.

I hope that was said in jest...

OOI, the only time I've got really sick from food in Thailand was when I ate  a chicken schnitzel from a very clean-looking Western restaurant.

Other than that, I've eaten from hole-in-the-wall Thai places, market food courts and street vendors with no problems.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

I hope that was said in jest...

OOI, the only time I've got really sick from food in Thailand was when I ate  a chicken schnitzel from a very clean-looking Western restaurant.

Other than that, I've eaten from hole-in-the-wall Thai places, market food courts and street vendors with no problems.

Typically the people who advise you to not eat Thai street food have financial interests in a restaurant and want you to eat there.

OP, find a night market and enjoy the varieties available there. They have them almost everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My advice to people that don't eat spicy food is to say - not spicy! They'll understand. You can try the Thai - mai pidt krap.

Levels of spiciness is BS. They cook is just the cook and each understands what low mid high spiciness is - to them. Additionally, you have an individual level of heat you understand.

It's never going to be the same. It can't be.

Yesterday, my wife and I ordered bowls she ordered me 3* and her 5*. Mine was barely edible and enjoyable. She said hers was actually almost too spicy. Which I never, ever hear from her.

I order very spicy at food court Central Lat Phrao a special hawker doing only kra pow and it's very meh in regards to heat. I order in Thai as well. Still, it's mid.

Don't try to be cool - just order what you can eat and enjoy.

The best way if you can and do like a bit of spice is to understand how many medium sized chills you can suffer and tell the cook that.

Edited by BusNo8
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, KannikaP said:

For the confused people, it's a play on words..........Mai Phet = My Pet.  Geddit?

Hilarious...thanks i couldnt work that out .

• Haha 1