Louts hooligans assaults

georgegeorgia

Well I always like to hear two sides of the story ..

after that recent violence with the Pattaya security guards and farangs 

Today I watched a recent YouTube video of a retired Australian guy who opened up a bar just a few days ago...just a few days ago !!!

,no experience at all in the bar ,,  retired to Hua Hin and opened it last week 

Only open two nights before he too is assaulted by a drunken young farang who claims his bill was padded.

Now I don't have two sides of the story but the older Australian  owner  said he had to run behind the bar as the guy got violent , obviously has no security the poor old .....

according to him the Thai bar girls had to save him

The patron said his bill was padded and become violent!!!!!!!😡🤬

I don't go I to bars very much ,maybe once on a trip...now to you bar mongers is violence particularly among the young farang in Thailand places like Pattaya Phuket and even HH becoming much worse than say 20 years ago?

These younger farangs with tattoos,baseball caps,Nike shirts ,red Nike trainer shoes👟 ,gold chains 🧢🧢are the type to look for loutish behaviour?

I'm talking about nowadays not 30 years ago when we had soccer hooligans but nowadays with THIS GENERATION travelling to Thailand.

Those ok nes causing trouble 30 years ago are now on Zimmer frames 

Do you avoid some establishments?

Have you been attacked or felt scared in a bar in Thailand?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

From what I have read, a lot of folks arrive with the preconception that they are going to get scammed. It starts at the airport, continues on their first day with the tuktuk scam (imho this is not a scam, I did it on my first day - it’s a battle of willpower), the grand temple scam, the western prices at a restaurant (idk, just saying) and then bill padding in a bar. I don’t know about the young guy or bar owner, but in some peoples eyes, Thailand has been the hub of scams for many years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I tend to go to bars where they put a ticket for each round you buy in a little cup on your table. Saves the permanently suspicious from getting angry and causing a scene.

It’s called a check bin , always pay every round , don’t wait till all rounds all night out on your bill, that’s when the trouble starts , be careful they add LD lady drinks to bill just pay every round avoid the bins 

8 minutes ago, Irish star said:

All over Reddit , Thailand, Thailand Tourist ,Soi 6 

The OP said it was in Hua Hin, and an Australian owner, the Soi 6 incident in Pattaya is old news now.

Edited by roo860

On 6/14/2024 at 3:27 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Well I always like to hear two sides of the story ..

after that recent violence with the Pattaya security guards and farangs 

Today I watched a recent YouTube video of a retired Australian guy who opened up a bar just a few days ago...just a few days ago !!!

,no experience at all in the bar ,,  retired to Hua Hin and opened it last week 

Only open two nights before he too is assaulted by a drunken young farang who claims his bill was padded.

Now I don't have two sides of the story but the older Australian  owner  said he had to run behind the bar as the guy got violent , obviously has no security the poor old .....

according to him the Thai bar girls had to save him

The patron said his bill was padded and become violent!!!!!!!😡🤬

I don't go I to bars very much ,maybe once on a trip...now to you bar mongers is violence particularly among the young farang in Thailand places like Pattaya Phuket and even HH becoming much worse than say 20 years ago?

These younger farangs with tattoos,baseball caps,Nike shirts ,red Nike trainer shoes👟 ,gold chains 🧢🧢are the type to look for loutish behaviour?

I'm talking about nowadays not 30 years ago when we had soccer hooligans but nowadays with THIS GENERATION travelling to Thailand.

Those ok nes causing trouble 30 years ago are now on Zimmer frames 

Do you avoid some establishments?

Have you been attacked or felt scared in a bar in Thailand?

I've never been scammed in over 24 years, I always check my bin when every ordered drink is delivered. There are bars that play games with bins but most of the time some farangs get so pissed they simply lose count.

23 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The OP said it was in Hua Hin, and an Australian owner, the Soi 6 incident in Pattaya is old news now.

Maybe OP is just dribbling bullsh!t..... which he is notorius for doing.

Likely not intentional, just the years of breathing in cleaning chemicals has fried his brain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Maybe OP is just dribbling bullsh!t..... which he is notorius for doing.

Likely not intentional, just the years of breathing in cleaning chemicals has fried his brain.

Exactly, should stick his head permanently in his mop bucket, all the topics he starts are total nonsense. 

5 hours ago, Irish star said:

It’s called a check bin , always pay every round , don’t wait till all rounds all night out on your bill, that’s when the trouble starts , be careful they add LD lady drinks to bill just pay every round avoid the bins 

I agree.. I think the pay-as-you-go method, while perhaps not the most user-friendly way to go about it, I agree that is limits the chances for any kind of misunderstanding, fraud, etc about accumulated bills.

IF there is a problem, better it be found and addressed early on - when the value in question is probably still small compared to an end-of-the-night total … and when perhaps memories and evidence is still fresh.