Internet Service

JGV

I recently went to my local True office and asked about paying a little more for an improved service delivery in terms of greater bandwidth and was told I could pay 999Bt a month for this service previously paying the standard 650Bt a month. The girl said sshe could arrange that with Bangkok - I went away and thought I would see how the service particularly live streaming of sport from Europe and Australia as I enjoy viewing NRL and of course football and tennis from EuroPe - ovEr the next week or so the live streaming was really as bad as ever although occcasionally I would get a few hours without buffering - a few days ago feeling frustrated I looked into ISP throttling your usage which affected your ability to view live stream also could I vpn improve the service - nusy traffic when school children use the network after school and at weekends - any way a couple of days ago I saw  a newspaper report about broken Internet cables in the Red Sea courtesy of Houtis sinking one of the ships that either US,UK or Israeli - My point is that this happened more than a month ago but True conveniently avoided mentioning this when I asked about fast service - clearly they were aware of this incident in the Red Sea but saw an opportunity to get some extra cash off a customer who was unaware of this - my post is to mAKE AWARE OF THIS TO ALL tRUE USERS

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

this topic was covered on a different post, if you search you will find, many of us still have exactly the same problem, cable broken for the past 2 months, still pending repair, my ISP provider is 3BB and they are the ones you informed me as I had to call in due to constant buffering and under my IPTV advise as their service was stable but the buffering still happening on a regular basis. I somehow manage to get some good feeds, little buffering, unless like you say, kids out of school or evening or important sports events. I use ExpressVPN, login to Portugal, Australia, Japan and sometimes Iceland. The problem is not only TRUE, it's for all ISP providers, 3BB, AIS, TOT all of them depend on that cable running thru or from Singapore

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JGV said:

I recently went to my local True office and asked about paying a little more for an improved service delivery in terms of greater bandwidth and was told I could pay 999Bt a month for this service previously paying the standard 650Bt a month. The girl said sshe could arrange that

[...]

that this happened more than a month ago but True conveniently avoided mentioning this when I asked about fast service - clearly they were aware of this incident in the Red Sea

Do you really think the girl at the counter knew about that?

The people behind the counter and on the phone are mostly sales people. They want to sell.

If you have a technical problem then you should call the support.

Yes, I know it's annoying, but TiT.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

this topic was covered on a different post, if you search you will find, many of us still have exactly the same problem, cable broken for the past 2 months, still pending repair, my ISP provider is 3BB and they are the ones you informed me as I had to call in due to constant buffering and under my IPTV advise as their service was stable but the buffering still happening on a regular basis. I somehow manage to get some good feeds, little buffering, unless like you say, kids out of school or evening or important sports events. I use ExpressVPN, login to Portugal, Australia, Japan and sometimes Iceland. The problem is not only TRUE, it's for all ISP providers, 3BB, AIS, TOT all of them depend on that cable running thru or from Singapore

THE

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The people behind the counter and on the phone are mostly sales people. They want to sell.

yOU  May be right but honesty is not a popular trait when it comes to large companies

18 hours ago, JGV said:

yOU  May be right but honesty is not a popular trait when it comes to large companies

as @OneMoreFarang said, keep calling tech support, I did and guess what, still under repair/fixing as they told me last night, we are in Thailand in case you didn't notice

On 6/15/2024 at 4:02 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

My experience wori for t Mobile and life tells me this is not just tit. Most companies don't tell staff.

Mushrooms and manure comes to mind.

I use my phone and just the data part staying away from WiFi

Then hotspot to computer 

Our true tv box was faulty, man came installed new one. In the afternoon they rang up and said they could not find the serial number of the faulty box (our fault!), so the man came back and took the new one away and put the faulty one back in.