Indian tourist's holiday horror: Robbed, assaulted in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

I have empathy for the Indians sometimes.. I was waiting to enter one of my favorite "Clubs" on Walking Street a few months ago. There were three Indians waiting in front of me. The security/doorman told the three Indians that this was a private membership club and they couldn't enter. They left and he opened to door for me without mentioning "membership". 

I have been hanging out with dark skinned friends on Samui, and in Bangkok, and I could see they were getting treated quite differently than I was. There is a very deep seated prejudice against dark skinned people here.

When I was living on Samui many years ago I came up with a concept of opening a bar called the Chocolate Bar. I would only hire dark skinned women, dark skin beauties, and glorify their gorgeous dark skin instead of making them feel self-conscious about being dark. I'd offer gifts, prizes, and free trips, all kinds of incentives to get the girls to perform well and become top performers. When light skinned women would come in for an interview I would take glee in telling them that they were disqualified because their skin was too light, and they weren't hot enough.

The glorification of whiteness here is quite obnoxious, from my point of view.

2ad30286b2dab2e940e54aab6593da1e.jpg

11475409_gal.jpg

asian-005.jpg

17945102078_94bbc02732_b.jpg

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have been hanging out with dark skinned friends on Samui, and in Bangkok, and I could see they were getting treated quite differently than I was. There is a very deep seated prejudice against dark skinned people here.

When I was living on Samui many years ago I came up with a concept of opening a bar called the Chocolate Bar. I would only hire dark skinned women, dark skin beauties, and glorify their gorgeous dark skin instead of making them feel self-conscious about being dark. I'd offer gifts, prizes, and free trips, all kinds of incentives to get the girls to perform well and become top performers. When light skinned women would come in for an interview I would take glee in telling them that they were disqualified because their skin was too light, and they weren't hot enough.

The glorification of whiteness here is quite obnoxious, from my point of view.

2ad30286b2dab2e940e54aab6593da1e.jpg

11475409_gal.jpg

asian-005.jpg

17945102078_94bbc02732_b.jpg

So equally,you’re colour prejudiced too…? 🙄 

Edited by Chongalulu
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

So equally,you’re colour prejudiced too…? 🙄 

No, quite the opposite, unless you consider loving and supporting people of color to be a form of prejudice.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

No, quite the opposite, unless you consider loving and supporting people of color to be a form of prejudice.

No, you took great delight ,as you said, in turning down those of lighter colour. In other words you demonstrated exactly the same prejudice but just choosing a different hue to direct it against. Prejudice is prejudice. Or do you ,in your confusion,not see the hypocrisy in your own discrimination and think the answer to prejudice and discrimination against darker skins is prejudice and discrimination against lighter skins? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

No, you took great delight ,as you said, in turning down those of lighter colour. In other words you demonstrated exactly the same prejudice but just choosing a different hue to direct it against. Prejudice is prejudice. Or do you ,in your confusion,not see the hypocrisy in your own discrimination and think the answer to prejudice and discrimination against darker skins is prejudice and discrimination against lighter skins? 

Unlike you I consider this discussion to be light-hearted fun. I never did open the bar it was just a fantasy that I had with a few friends for a while. Some would argue that being a white man discriminating against white people is not racist, knowing you, you would probably say that I hate all white people, which would be about as ridiculous a presumption as you've already made in your last several replies. 

This had nothing to do with race preference, this simply had to do with aesthetics. I like lot of other men absolutely adore dark skin, does it mean we like dark skinned people more than white skinned people? It's just a sexual preference, that every human being on earth is entitled to make.

You are also prejudiced, everybody on Earth is prejudiced, we all have prejudgments about people, it doesn't mean we're racist. Not in the slightest. Being prejudiced and being racist are two completely different things. Nobody lacks prejudice. 

Prejudice is an assumption based on a stereotypical perception of a group of people. The assumption can be either negative or positive. Racism is a more intense form of prejudice based on race that's often used to support a set of beliefs about the superiority of one group over another group of people. Prejudice can be based on stereotypes that are not necessarily racial, like those related to gender or nationality.

Edited by spidermike007

13 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Not trying to troll you, serious question.

Were you drunk or high?

Seems like that is often a factor.

No, I hadn't had a drink.

15 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

An iPhone and $50 is no great loss.

It may well be to him. Losing your phone is a big inconvenience and may well make his life difficult. What is unusual here is we usually get more substantial claims of what has been taken from Indian victims, like a brand new Iphone 15, many thousands of USA dollars, and a gold chain from the Mr T collection. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Unlike you I consider this discussion to be light-hearted fun. I never did open the bar it was just a fantasy that I had with a few friends for a while. Some would argue that being a white man discriminating against white people is not racist, knowing you, you would probably say that I hate all white people, which would be about as ridiculous a presumption as you've already made in your last several replies. 

This had nothing to do with race preference, this simply had to do with aesthetics. I like lot of other men absolutely adore dark skin, does it mean we like dark skinned people more than white skinned people? It's just a sexual preference, that every human being on earth is entitled to make.

You are also prejudiced, everybody on Earth is prejudiced, we all have prejudgments about people, it doesn't mean we're racist. Not in the slightest. Being prejudiced and being racist are two completely different things. Nobody lacks prejudice. 

Prejudice is an assumption based on a stereotypical perception of a group of people. The assumption can be either negative or positive. Racism is a more intense form of prejudice based on race that's often used to support a set of beliefs about the superiority of one group over another group of people. Prejudice can be based on stereotypes that are not necessarily racial, like those related to gender or nationality.

The kindest thing I can say about that is incoherent waffle designed to deflect from being hoist with your own petard. You’re fooling no one other than yourself. "Light hearted ". Risible! 

3 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

The kindest thing I can say about that is incoherent waffle designed to deflect from being hoist with your own petard. You’re fooling no one other than yourself. "Light hearted ". Risible! 

You are amusing. I will grant you that. Keep it up. Keep us amused, please.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:59 PM, Photoguy21 said:

An iPhone and $50 is no great loss.

What's on it might be.

I would hang on like crazy to my phone, and would probably be stabbed for it, or even killed. I feel my whole life is on my phone, contacts, banks, SIM from my country etc. Nothing I want to lose.

Even if they can't open it, and it might be useless to them, it's a freaking mess to regain it all.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:47 AM, jacko45k said:

It may well be to him. Losing your phone is a big inconvenience and may well make his life difficult. What is unusual here is we usually get more substantial claims of what has been taken from Indian victims, like a brand new Iphone 15, many thousands of USA dollars, and a gold chain from the Mr T collection. 

Exactly. It usually includes 10Baht gold chains. The iPhone would have to to be the Pro model as well.

Edited by Photoguy21
spelling error
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:55 PM, thaibreaker said:

Even if they can't open it, and it might be useless to them, it's a freaking mess to regain it all.

Time to start backing up your device... 

Regaining security access to some of the more secure apps such as mBanking etc could be a hassle, but only if overseas, because obtaining a new SIM card so you could receive OTP to your number would be the stumbling point.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yeah...  dark people travelling alone are always up to no good, eh ??...  :whistling:

Eh? No you fool. What do you think a 36 year old Indian man is doing alone on holiday in Pattaya? You think he came to visit the temples.? I can guaranteed you he is up to no good...

Edited by Angus55
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

LOL. How is the racist you whitey tosser ?LOL 

Accusing an Indian man of 'being up to no good' simply because he's in a multicultural holiday resort by the simple virtue of him being Indian is blatantly racist. 

You then resort to abusive language using the words 'tosser' and 'fool'... Your crude socio-phonetics and flawed vernacular scream of a fundamentally flawed education and a glaring lack of basic decency. It's painfully obvious you lack the ability to hold a rational discussion to back up your bigoted and racist opinions.

Just like Army admissions, there should be minimal IQ thresholds for posting rights. That way, we wouldn't have to endure such utterly unintelligent drivel from bigoted racists.

The two quotes are extremely fitting - No further comment from me towards you, I'll take the historical advice of Mark Twain.

Ricky Gervais -"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid."

Mark Twain - “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Eh? No you fool. What do you think a 36 year old Indian man is doing alone on holiday in Pattaya? You think he came to visit the temples.? I can guaranteed you he is up to no good...

Retard