Couple found dead in car in Bangkok's Suan Luang district

webfact

image.jpeg

In a tragic incident, a couple was discovered dead inside their parked car on Phatthanakan Soi 12, near Isan Tawandang Restaurant in the Suan Luang District of Bangkok. The vehicle’s engine had been running until the fuel was exhausted, and early indications suggest the pair may have succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Police Lieutenant Sirichai Kaewprasith from Khlong Tan Police Station arrived at the scene around 8.20pm yesterday, accompanied by Police Colonel Wachirakorn Wongboon and Ruam Katanyu Foundation volunteers.

The white Mazda sedan, bearing the licence plate ชภ 6664 Bangkok, contained the bodies of 27-year-old Vilaiwan Wantana and 24-year-old Niroj Phonphan, both employees at Isan Tawandang Restaurant. Vilaiwan, a dancer, was reclined in the driver’s seat, while Niroj, a waiter, occupied the passenger seat.

Preliminary forensic examinations conducted by experts from Chulalongkorn Hospital and the Central Forensic Science Division of the Royal Thai Police revealed no visible injuries.

The bodies have been estimated as lifeless for approximately 12 hours before discovery. Further autopsies will be conducted to confirm the exact cause of death.

CCTV footage confirmed the couple leaving the restaurant around 2am, shortly after closing time. Vilaiwan and Niroj entered the car, which was later found parked with its fuel tank empty.

Vilaiwan’s brother, Vatcharachai Chupan, reported his sister missing after she failed to return home. Initially, he had assumed she was still at the restaurant, as it was common for her to take a taxi home when inebriated.

Upon realising she was not at her boyfriend's either and growing increasingly worried, he returned to the car in the evening and found both occupants dead, prompting him to contact the police.

Authorities now await the detailed autopsy results to shed light on the precise circumstances surrounding the deaths.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

She was reclined in the drivers seat, now I wonder why they had stopped in such a quiet place.

Of course it would be fairly simple to test how much CO enters over a period of time. 

I wonder where her Boyfriend was at the time.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

She was reclined in the drivers seat, now I wonder why they had stopped in such a quiet place.

The car was right next to the place in which they both worked, that's probably why it had been parked there.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

They really are stupid!

Yeah, I didn´t post that, as I didn´t find good words for it. I saw stupid as far too mild. 😉 

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The car was right next to the place in which they both worked, that's probably why it had been parked there.

And where does it say it was parked there. It says NEAR there not NEXT to there. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And where does it say it was parked there. It says NEAR there not NEXT to there. 

The restaurant is on Pattanakarn Soi 12, the car was parked on Soi 12, that's what was reported and that is how the place is located.

• Agree 1