Bangkok Bank Mobile App Upgrade - now no transfers between my accounts?

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In general, recently I try to transfer more money than usual. I received some strange error message.

After I called the bank, they checked my personal details. They still had my passport number which I used to open the account many years ago.

After answering some security questions on the phone, they updated my passport number in their system and now all works fine again.

I don't know how often something like this causes a problem, but from time to time it apparently causes problems - and no obvious "update your passport number" message. 

This thread is about the transfer between MY ACCOUNTS on the mobile app. As I stated, I spent one and a half hours in Bangkok Bank on Friday. 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read the original post, but not every reply.

And I am pretty sure the hotline also works on Sundays.

I have already explained I went to the Bank and they contacted the IT Help desk who will phone me back  🙏

47 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

'My Accounts' is missing - and, as John Lennon said, "I'm not the only one"  Waiting for BB to phone me - will report here.

Can you go to Accounts, main screen, bottom option next to Home.

Then + Add an account

Then add your second/missing account (Deposit, FCD, CC, Bond, Loan).

Then My Accounts may/should be displayed.

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Can you go to Accounts, main screen, bottom option next to Home.

Then + Add an account

Then add your second/missing account (Deposit, FCD, CC, Bond, Loan).

Then My Accounts may/should be displayed.

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried all my accounts, and I clicked 'verify account', and it does not work.

It sounds like the links between the app and your other accounts need to be reestablished.

Alternatively, for now, you should be able to transfer funds from your primary account to your other accounts at BBL 

Transfer, Other accounts, Bangkok Bank, enter the account number, then add to Favorites, or re-enter the account number for future transfers.

Edited by bamnutsak

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

This thread is about the transfer between MY ACCOUNTS on the mobile app. As I stated, I spent one and a half hours in Bangkok Bank on Friday. 

Yes, and it is great if you solve the problem with your accounts. However, others will also read this and maybe they read this not only to help you, but also to learn for themselves. This is why I included above information.

After all, this is a public forum and not your private helpline. 

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have already explained I went to the Bank and they contacted the IT Help desk who will phone me back  🙏

Wonderful.

I hope you can forgive me that I tried to offer a solution without reading first all the posts.

On 6/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, and it is great if you solve the problem with your accounts. However, others will also read this and maybe they read this not only to help you, but also to learn for themselves. This is why I included above information.

After all, this is a public forum and not your private helpline. 

You repeated what we had already gone through - it doesn't help anyone. I am waiting for them to phone me.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:41 PM, bamnutsak said:

It sounds like the links between the app and your other accounts need to be reestablished.

Alternatively, for now, you should be able to transfer funds from your primary account to your other accounts at BBL 

Transfer, Other accounts, Bangkok Bank, enter the account number, then add to Favorites, or re-enter the account number for future transfers.

Thanks - it's very long-winded. Not sure why, after the update, this happened and at least one other poster on this thread has the same problem. 

On 6/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

In general, recently I try to transfer more money than usual. I received some strange error message.

After I called the bank, they checked my personal details. They still had my passport number which I used to open the account many years ago.

After answering some security questions on the phone, they updated my passport number in their system and now all works fine again.

I don't know how often something like this causes a problem, but from time to time it apparently causes problems - and no obvious "update your passport number" message. 

You updated your new passport over the phone without having to go in person to the original branch? Never heard of being able to do that. Which bank was this?

30 minutes ago, yabbra said:

You updated your new passport over the phone without having to go in person to the original branch? Never heard of being able to do that. Which bank was this?

K-Bank

• 2 weeks later...

After the upgrade, 'My Accounts' is BACK!

HOWEVER

I still can't use it - message on screen:

Unable to proceed
Foreign currency deposit transfer is currently unavailable.

I WANT TO TRANSFER BETWEEN TWO THB ACCOUNTS!

aren't there new directives that foreigners are only allowed to have only one account, so somewhere in the bank's logic they shouldn't be able to transfer between accounts they shouldn't be able to have 

14 minutes ago, digbeth said:

aren't there new directives that foreigners are only allowed to have only one account, so somewhere in the bank's logic they shouldn't be able to transfer between accounts they shouldn't be able to have 

NO (at least not at K-Bank IconSiam, BKK),
A few days ago i was opening a new account at my bank K-Bank. The first bank officier told me the same thing sorry only 1 bank account for foreingers. I went right away to another girl and asked since when this new policy is there?
She directly confirmed there is no such policy at K-Bank, and after chatting with another girl, she directed me to another counter where the girl was happy to open a new saving account.
But there were new guidelines about documents needed. Firstly she asked for work-permit, which I not have... But this could be done by yellow book and pink ID... and then she also wanted to have a Thai tax ID, which was new. Happily I had a picture of the paper from the tax departement on my phone, which this they were happy and opened the new account (Still took a longtime).

21 minutes ago, digbeth said:

No, no, this is a different issue. I have many accounts here, and before the last but one upgrade, I had the facility to transfer between accounts - I posted the photo earlier. Most posters still have this facility.

There has been another upgrade overnight - I got the 'MY ACCOUNTS' back but still cannot transfer.

On 6/19/2024 at 3:55 PM, BobBKK said:

Has anyone else had this? The 'transfer between own account' function disappeared after the latest upgrade.

I have been unable to add my second account (actually my original account, which I've had for 20+ years) into  the app.  The branch has also failed on more than 2 occasions to include it, the last time I approached them to try I was informed that "foreigners were not allowed to have more than 1 bank account". Rubbish I know but that was the official branch line.

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

"foreigners were not allowed to have more than 1 bank account"

In their defense, they may mean that with the Bangkok Bank Mobile App, foreigners can only have one account associated with it?

Were you eve able to manage two accounts within the mobile app? And then, at some point, you couldn't?

That's just my guess. Surely someone associated with Bangkok Bank could address this multiple account issue?

Just now, bamnutsak said:

In their defense, they may mean that with the Bangkok Bank Mobile App, foreigners can only have one account associated with it?

Were you eve able to manage two accounts within the mobile app? And then, at some point, you couldn't?

That's just my guess. Surely someone associated with Bangkok Bank could address this multiple account issue?

My friend has 2 Bangkok Bank accounts in his banking app, the branch actually added the 2nd for him.

When they told me I was only allowed to have 1 account, I was also informed that there is no restriction on the number of accounts for Thai nationals.

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I have been unable to add my second account (actually my original account, which I've had for 20+ years) into  the app.  The branch has also failed on more than 2 occasions to include it, the last time I approached them to try I was informed that "foreigners were not allowed to have more than 1 bank account". Rubbish I know but that was the official branch line.

I have my four accounts listed on the mobile and PC app. 

20 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have my four accounts listed on the mobile and PC app. 

Don't doubt it in the slightest, I'm going to try again.

They also have an e-banking savings account which is available through the app (slightly higher interest) but is available to Thai nationals only.