Pattaya Police Station Celebrates 40th Anniversary

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — The Pattaya Police Station commemorated its 40th anniversary yesterday morning with almsgiving and a charity food stall.

The event was presided over by Pol. Col. Nawin Thirawith, Superintendent (Chief) of the Pattaya Police Station.

The ceremony began with a prayer at the Krom Luang Chumphon Khet Udomsak Shrine in front of the Pattaya Police Station. Nine monks were then invited to the 3rd floor of the station to chant Buddhist mantras and receive alms, flowers, and lunch from police officers.

The ceremony was held to bring good fortune to the police station and all its officers in celebration of the station’s 40th anniversary since its establishment. A charity food stall was also set up to offer free meals, sweets, drinks, and other items to participants and the public.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-06-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

And we have to wonder...in the past 40 years, never was there a prostitute that has walked the streets....such an amazing police record...medals all round please....oh..and throw a few parachute badges in also!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

40 years of doing nothing!  How do they get away with it?

Wrong....the daily traffic fine handed outside the station is visible proof....wonder how much they have collected over these years.....frightening but not to worry I,m sure it`s all gone to worthy causes :whistling:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

1984, those were the times (before me).

A number of "Pattaya 1984" videos on the net.

Simple search.

The police station was on second road before this.

19 hours ago, petermik said:

Wrong....the daily traffic fine handed outside the station is visible proof....wonder how much they have collected over these years.....frightening but not to worry I,m sure it`s all gone to worthy causes :whistling:

If the mugs keep riding past the station without a helmet, they will keep the collection box going. I told my visiting pal to bring a $7 IDP with him when he came, yet still had to hear him whinge over the fine for not having one.

• Haha 1

I have properties in both BKK and Pattaya. When I stay at my condo in Naklua I have a set rule, my car doesn't leave the car park until I'm returning to BKK. It's not a problem for me as I have a baht bus 100 meters away and even at my age I can still walk for long periods. It sure eliminates all the s**t that goes on with reckless drivers and the BIB's upholding their versions of the law.

Just now, Mason45 said:

I have properties in both BKK and Pattaya. When I stay at my condo in Naklua I have a set rule, my car doesn't leave the car park until I'm returning to BKK. It's not a problem for me as I have a baht bus 100 meters away and even at my age I can still walk for long periods. It sure eliminates all the s**t that goes on with reckless drivers and the BIB's upholding their versions of the law.

I must admit when I first went to Pattaya 24 years ago I was amazed at the farangs begging to get caught mainly for not wearing a helmet. Things haven't changed. Why don't farangs simply do what they do in there home countries, then again I suppose the BIB's would find another nice little earner.

8 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

then again I suppose the BIB's would find another nice little earner.

Not much hassle for the Expats, wear a helmet, have a Thai licence and no real problems ever. 

• Like 1