Mobile Device Chargers - exchange of practical knowledge

As mobile devices (and other electronic devices) have integrated into our life in a big way, I thought it would be useful to share amongst us our practical experience and knowledge about another device that's coming to the forefront - the charger!

Most equipment now comes minus the charger - the latest I experienced was a BOSE speaker, TP-Link portable router & a Samsung phone. To-date, I was using my old Samsung phones charger to fire-up all the new stuff.

Finally, I browsed around and bought a UGREEN Dual Port 30W Quick Car Charger (CD-130) and a Ugreen Nexode 65W USB C GaN -3 Ports Wall Charger (CD-244).

As I just received them only a couple of days ago, I cannot comment on their performance as yet.

If you want to know a lot and a lot details about phone chargers then I can highly recommend the videos from DiodeGoneWild.

For everybody else: There are lots of different chargers with different outputs. If you have a good quality charger it will charge multiple devices fast and safe. If you have a low quality maybe it will charge some devices and maybe it will burn or explode or kill you.

So, if you are not sure, then buy a high quality charger from a well known brand in a reputable shop. They will be a little more expensive, but they won't kill you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I changed all GPO's in my house to these.

image.png.3bd227d1219926a475d03571d413b892.png

One question regarding these. How 'good' is the output voltage on the USB ports?

Is the DC voltage supplied smoothened properly so that the battery/device will not get damaged? Up to now, I have hesitated to use these as I am not sure.