Covid after effects?

I'm 90. I finished my medication for a session of covid a week ago but a test shows I'm still affected. I have a bit of a cough, not serious, but a feeling of tiredness all of the time. Anyone been through this and is it normal?

12 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

In my experience it is very normal. I too have  just come out of a " session" as you have named it . Still a little residual gunk and husky voice and yes lacking energy.

Even assuming you are a very fit 90 I would suggest not expecting instant rebound .

Thanks for the response.

3 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I still had the cough for a while after I recovered from COVID.  I also thought I had more fatigue than normal after COVID, but my younger Thai wife just laughed at me and claimed I was just being my normal lazy self complaining of being tired.  Perhaps she was right.

I did find my times for my morning daily ~4km jogging times increased MASSIVELY once I restarted jogging after COVID (ie I was jogging slower), but I can't be certain it was just COVID - for there were other factors that could explain my jogging slower.  I had COVID symptoms a couple of days after arriving in Thailand, where in the previous weeks I was traveling in Europe for 2 months, doing relatively minimal exercise in Europe while traveling around.

So possibly it was the 2 months of not enough exercise, or possibly post-COVID, or both  ?   ... but its now a year later, and I also note my Vo2max has dropped (from 47.5) massively to 35.5 ,  in addition to my morning jog being much slower.   This is not totally clear thou, because I also note thou, I changed smartwatches (Samsung Galaxy-3 to Samsung Galaxy-4 classic) so that may also have given a lower v02max.  Maybe the Galaxy Watch-3 was giving me inflated vo2max values?    

And I am now age 70 instead of age-69.  Many people believe age can be a factor. 

So the effect of these things can be hard to say/assess.  I do suspect thou, COVID has contributed to my being a bit less fit.

We're in the same boat, 74 years old and just completed by second bout of covid a week ago  but both wife and me feeling exhausted all the time, she with cough also. We may get checked again but have already had one course of anti-virals, it's not fun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I keep getting respiratory illness's that make me pretty sick.   Each time testing negative for covid.  Yet, I have some of the same after illness symptoms as described by those recovering from covid.   

Maybe it isn't just a covid respiratory illness causing the after affects, perhaps it's just the affects of a respiratory illness and old age.    I am 75. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I keep getting respiratory illness's that make me pretty sick.   Each time testing negative for covid.  Yet, I have some of the same after illness symptoms as described by those recovering from covid.   

Maybe it isn't just a covid respiratory illness causing the after affects, perhaps it's just the affects of a respiratory illness and old age.    I am 75. 

get your lungs checked . Many different possibilities.  
one example, though more for younger folks

https://www.webmd.com/lung/walking-pneumonia

22 minutes ago, ignore it said:

A double dose of free Pfizer back in '21, has caused me some problems and I'm set to go have an echo-cardiogram to check out the ticker.

Made me an anti-vaxer though I wasn't big on them before.

There ain't a level of hell deep enough for Fauci and  the other scam merchants!

OPINION

I have had the same experience, after the 2 pfizer syringes regular chest pain, heart monitor shows no problems, and the doctor pays no further attention to it, so yes, you will have to learn to live with it. I'm 77

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, Tubulat said:

I have had the same experience, after the 2 pfizer syringes regular chest pain, heart monitor shows no problems, and the doctor pays no further attention to it, so yes, you will have to learn to live with it. I'm 77

77 here too.

My EKG, pulse and BP very good, and even though such monitoring shows no problems, my new Doc says to do the echo-cardiogram to check the ticker out as the monitoring won't show any problems like myocarditis or pericarditis.  

Which you also just have to learn to live with.

• Agree 1

A post with misinformation about COVID vaccines has been removed.

Please stay in topic, which is aftereffects of COVID infection -- not COVID vaccines.

• Agree 1

On 6/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, Gandtee said:

I'm 90. I finished my medication for a session of covid a week ago but a test shows I'm still affected. I have a bit of a cough, not serious, but a feeling of tiredness all of the time. Anyone been through this and is it normal?

You'll probably test positive up to two weeks after initial infection.  Your immune system is handling it.  All's good man.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

In "my country" there are people suffering post covid, even so bad they cant work, walk anymore, complete change of life.

There can not much be done about it, for now, as it is new.

Of course every person could react different !

https://www.who.int/europe/news-room/fact-sheets/item/post-COVID-19-condition

This was a reply from a doctor on heavy coughs of a person.

Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for three days often helps. Repeat after a week if necessary.
Furthermore, Vit D3 5000 UI, five days a week and possibly additional Vit C 1000mg and Nattokinase 200mcg per day. The last to clear the spike protein.
Ivermectin 12 mg once a week for three months can also help. However, if you are taking blood thinners, you should not take Nattokinase.

But of course medicines, to be careful with all the time. Ok vit D3 and C not.

Mind it is or the one or the other ! Im not a doctor, so have conversation about this with a doctor.

Medicines can have side effects, which can be more harmful then the cure. Listen to your body.

We live in Thailand - get some sun instead of vitamin D supplements.  Doesn't take much - 10 minutes in a pair of shorts.

https://fastrt.nilu.no/VitD-ez_quartMED.html

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/21/2024 at 2:36 PM, Sheryl said:

Quite normal...especially since you still have the virus. Get plenty of rest and I suggest taking Redoxon Vitamin C with Zinc daily.  Every pharmacy has it or can order on Lazada. 

Screenshot_20240621_143538_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8a3df1329b6c78662dd73636dfe52c92.jpg

Zinc is more effective if you take it with a Zinc Ionophore like Quercetin.  Increases the bio-availability by getting it through the cell membrane more effectively.

• Thanks 1

Had a bad dose of Covid in February, throat so sore almost closed up, could not eat, barely get fluids down for a couple of days. Around 10 days in total, lost nearly 4 kilos.

More than a month before fatigue subsided, 77 years young!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A post with misinformation about COVID vaccines has been removed.

Please stay in topic, which is aftereffects of COVID infection -- not COVID vaccines.

Sorry, Sheryl,  it’s sometimes the case that vaccines can cause the same symptoms as the disease they were vaccinated for.  The same remedies seem to apply for both.  I agree, this topic is Covid, not the vaccine.  I do believe the FLCCC.com website does tackle both issues.

25 minutes ago, Globalres said:

Sorry, Sheryl,  it’s sometimes the case that vaccines can cause the same symptoms as the disease they were vaccinated for.  The same remedies seem to apply for both.  I agree, this topic is Covid, not the vaccine.  I do believe the FLCCC.com website does tackle both issues.

The FLCCC is a source of proven (and dangeroys)  misinformation, both about COVID treatments and vaccines.

The "treatments" they advocate hsve been extensively tested and found ineffective.

• Agree 1

Off topic posts and posts with misinformation have been removed.

The OP is not "very healthy", at the moment he has (or is recovering from) COVID and suffering ftom extreme fatigue as s redult.

Thread is about this  (COVID infection and its immediate aftermath)  and not about COVID vaccines. 

And posting any misinformation about COVID treatments will not be tolerated. 

On 6/22/2024 at 10:41 AM, ignore it said:

A double dose of free Pfizer back in '21, has caused me some problems and I'm set to go have an echo-cardiogram to check out the ticker.

Made me an anti-vaxer though I wasn't big on them before.

There ain't a level of hell deep enough for Fauci and  the other scam merchants!

OPINION

I suffered pericarditis after my Moderna booster (a known side effect from mRNA vaccines) and now have atrial fibrillation. I've just been to Bangkok for electro-cardioversion in an attempt to fix my now dickie ticker. 🤒

• Thanks 2

On 6/22/2024 at 1:42 PM, radiochaser said:

If there is any mold about at your place and your being exposed to it, that could be the culprit.

Vitamin C & D daily and as Sheryl also suggested, Zink.

As this thread about after-effects of COVID infection continues to attract off-topic posts about COVID vaccines, and the OP's  original question as to whether fatigue/weakness after COVID infection is normal (it is), thread is now closed.

@Gandtee if you have any further questions about your illness and recuperation, please start a new thread.  This site may be useful https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351   

It is referring to symptoms that occur or persist 4 weeks or more after the COVID infection ends, hopefully yours will nto, but good to be aware. 

• Like 1