Trump Campaign Confronts Internal Revolt Among Far-Right Delegates

Social Media

10 minutes ago, stoner said:

are you done foaming at the mouth now ? i wasn't debating what trump said. i merely pointed out hillary has been going around for years and years crying about it all.....which is just the same as the bad man did. get it yet ? 

another case of octd. 

It's not at all the same to complain that some events may have influenced the election result, and to claim that the count was not right because of massive voter fraud.

29 minutes ago, pomchop said:

You want to share any recent statements from hillary where she claims her non election was rigged and she called for her supporters to  submit fake electors after 60 judges ruled against her then encouraged her supporters to storm the capitol and hang some people....oh wait hillary called trump to publicily concede within 24 hours....hows that for a good laugh?

still not funny to be honest. there are hoards and hoards of videos of her talking about it. all that other garbage you added is your own projections of trumps words etc.  where did i ever say she claimed any of those things you mentioned ? typical of your kind to think you have some gotcha moment or something. 

boring. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I am just talking about what might occur at different political venues. One is the gop in Milwaukee and one is the dem in Chicago.  I would be very surprised if the conventi9n in Milwaukee' is diruoted or undermined. None of this is on topics anyway. 

Wouldent surprise me one bit if the republicans got ahold of trump and give him a Mussolini send of for destroying the Republican Party 

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You really need to seek help. You live in some sort of bizarre fantasy world. 

its frequent to call for violence on here against trump. just the other day someone said it would be cool to waterboard him. another said shot by firing squad and again now. you get the idea.

go freedom !

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

still not funny to be honest. there are hoards and hoards of videos of her talking about it. all that other garbage you added is your own projections of trumps words etc.  where did i ever say she claimed any of those things you mentioned ? typical of your kind to think you have some gotcha moment or something. 

boring. 

Fact are not projections.

22 hours ago, Tug said:

Naaa they will be celebrating the outstanding stock market the outstanding job #s the getting a handle on inflation sorry but your canard is doa

Keep drinking the kool aid... "We are all feeling the effects of stubborn and persistent inflation. When the current administration tells us inflation is coming down, we must remind ourselves that only means already high prices are going up slower. When a few large pizzas, some salads, and garlic knots cost you $100, you begin to realize just how expensive life is getting for Americans."

37 minutes ago, stoner said:

its frequent to call for violence on here against trump. just the other day someone said it would be cool to waterboard him. another said shot by firing squad and again now. you get the idea.

go freedom !

Naa I’d be happy with an old school tar and feathers just for the New York City trust fund baby insulting POWs not to mention his hero worship of Putin 

6 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Keep drinking the kool aid... "We are all feeling the effects of stubborn and persistent inflation. When the current administration tells us inflation is coming down, we must remind ourselves that only means already high prices are going up slower. When a few large pizzas, some salads, and garlic knots cost you $100, you begin to realize just how expensive life is getting for Americans."

Gee I don’t know were you shop but the wife and I have a lovely seafood lunch once or twice a week for 30$ you might profit by shopping around a bit

Just now, Tug said:

Naa I’d be happy with an old school tar and feathers just for the New York City trust fund baby insulting POWs not to mention his hero worship of Putin 

just its the 2nd time you have called for violence weather being coy or not. 

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2024 at 1:35 PM, Social Media said:

image.png.59ea3c53a6ffe6c01ddfac8b24b20ab6.png

In the weeks leading up to the Republican National Convention, the Trump campaign has found itself grappling with an unexpected internal threat from within its own ranks. This issue emerged most prominently during a recent gathering of Arizona delegates in a Phoenix suburb. What was meant to be a routine meeting for delegates to familiarize themselves with their responsibilities instead became the setting for a clandestine plot aimed at disrupting Donald Trump’s nomination.

At this meeting, a group of delegates identifying as staunch "America First" supporters proposed a secret plan to break free from their pledge to support Trump. Unlike previous attempts to thwart Trump by "Never Trumpers," this effort originated from the far-right faction within his base. According to people present at the meeting and others briefed on it, these delegates discussed using covert signals, such as wearing matching black jackets, to identify one another.

The precise aim of this plot remains ambiguous. Some speculate it could be an effort to block a vice-presidential pick deemed undesirable by the far-right faction. Others suggest the goal might be to position former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn as a substitute nominee if Trump were to face incarceration. Among the far-right, there is a growing suspicion that Trump has surrounded himself with advisers loyal to the so-called "deep state," fueling these internal machinations.

The Trump campaign, perceiving this scheme as an "existential threat," acted swiftly to replace the dissenting delegates. A campaign staffer involved in addressing the situation described it to some Republicans as the "only process that would prevent Trump from being the nominee." The urgency and seriousness with which the campaign addressed this issue underscore the potential impact such an internal revolt could have on the convention.

This episode in Arizona has broader implications for the upcoming convention in Milwaukee, where around 5,000 delegates and alternates are expected to participate. Many of these delegates are influenced by the same falsehoods and baseless accusations that animate much of Trump’s supporter base. The incident has sparked memories of the 2016 Republican convention, which briefly descended into chaos during an attempt by Trump’s opponents to derail his nomination.

Suspicions have also spread among Trump supporters that covert saboteurs might have infiltrated their ranks. At the Georgia GOP convention in May, for instance, a would-be delegate withdrew after being accused of lobbying for Dominion Voting Systems, a company frequently targeted by false claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

Intra-party conflicts have become a significant issue within the Republican Party. Illinois Republican Party Chairman Don Tracy recently resigned, lamenting that "we have Republicans who would rather fight other Republicans than engage in the harder work of defeating incumbent Democrats by convincing swing voters to vote Republican." This sentiment highlights the internal struggles that have distracted the party from its broader electoral goals.

The financial motivations behind these internal conflicts cannot be overlooked. Some Republicans involved in these discussions believe that certain activists profit from the turmoil surrounding election integrity claims. One Republican suggested that these activists "really don’t want us to win" and instead "make money when we lose."

The specific plot in Arizona was led by Shelby Busch, chair of the state delegation and founder of the We the People AZ Alliance. This group has raised nearly $1 million and is closely aligned with Senate candidate Kari Lake, funded largely by entities linked to prominent election deniers like Flynn and former Overstock.com executive Patrick Byrne. Byrne recently suggested on social media that Trump’s advisers are deep-state operatives and that "his VP needs to be a General," tagging Flynn’s profile in the post.

The June meeting in Arizona included a presentation by delegate Joe Neglia, detailing a maneuver to suspend the convention’s rules and take control of the proceedings from the floor. When the Trump campaign learned of this plan, they collaborated with local party officials to recruit new delegates to replace those involved in the plot. The campaign’s memo described the leaders of this group as being engaged in a "multi-state conspiracy to suspend the rules at the national convention."

Despite the campaign’s efforts to replace the dissenting delegates, Busch’s group responded by accusing those challenging them of being part of an "anti-Trump establishment group." They argued that the challenge was an attempt to sabotage Trump from within his own campaign and the Republican National Committee. In a statement, Busch’s group claimed that the Arizona grassroots patriots overwhelmingly supported their delegation because of their unwavering support for Trump, even if he were to be incarcerated.

Ultimately, an agreement was reached between Busch’s bloc and the Trump campaign. Neglia agreed to step aside, the other delegates could remain, and there would be no revolt on the convention floor. While this resolution defused the immediate threat, it left some volunteer replacements feeling jilted. These volunteers had stepped up to support the campaign, only to be cast aside after the agreement was reached.

Campaign political director James Blair attempted to smooth things over by publicly thanking the replacements for their service and praising their loyalty to Trump. He emphasized that the convention should remain focused on celebrating Trump’s nomination, warning against any distractions that could arise from internal conflicts. "It’s not just a question of loyal Trump support, it’s willingness to not do anything that could distract from the historic nomination and celebration of President Trump, which is a four-day commercial," a campaign official said.

In the end, the Arizona Republican Party chair had to step in to manage the internal discord among the delegation. "I’m closing the thread," the chair posted in a private chat, signaling the need to focus on unity and function as a team.

Credit: Wasgington Post 2024-06-24

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

There seems to be 2 sources for this news, the Washington Post and NBC. When the farthest left wing newspaper in the U.S. and the farthest left wing MSM news outlet are the only ones reporting this news, then you can be quite assured that it is pure bovine scatology! I am currently in AZ and can tell you that the MAGA base here is very extensive and is very pro Trump. So much for attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill.

On 6/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, stoner said:

are you done foaming at the mouth now ? i wasn't debating what trump said. i merely pointed out hillary has been going around for years and years crying about it all.....which is just the same as the bad man did. get it yet ? 

another case of octd. 

Except that bit in which the Convicted Felon Trump incited an insurrection.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

HAHAHA... Popeyes is not a lovely seafood lunch 

Naa I’m talking about Point Loma seafoods been eating there off and on for 30 years nice seating overlooking shelter island now you could easily spend more but why?a lovely way to enjoy a nice lunch with the wifey it’s kinda how we roll.try it if you are ever in sandiego 

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

Naa I’m talking about Point Loma seafoods been eating there off and on for 30 years nice seating overlooking shelter island now you could easily spend more but why?a lovely way to enjoy a nice lunch with the wifey it’s kinda how we roll.try it if you are ever in sandiego 

I have eaten there as well... never got out of there under $30... more like $50 for two people...