Any good lawyers to sue well established computer store?

timoti

3 hours ago, Cardano said:

Although I sympathise with you it's probably best to try and sort some kind of resolution with the computer store owners as it will probably cost you more taking legal action than what the computer is worth.

I asked them in person already they admitted their mistake but can't pay or fix what they broke.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Go to Provincial Court house in Jomtien. On the second floor, you can get a free consultation from a lawyer. You can also start legal action by filing a case in Kwaeng Court, located in the same complex as the provincial Court. The case must be filed in Thai language. Very small costs.

How did you arrive at the 500K value? A decent laptop costs only about 20K.

Thanks I didn't know I could do that for free. I can send a demand letter for free? The lawyer I see asked 8k another said 15k for the demand letter. The first one said if we go to first court it's 50k.

There are very high end laptops costing these prices: 

https://www.networkhardwares.com/products/asus-proart-studiobook-one-w590-w590g6t-ps99-15-6-mobile-workstation-4k-uhd-intel-core-i9-9th-gen-i9-9980hk-2-40-ghz-64-gb-total-ram-1-tb-ssd

Edited by timoti
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I don't know if it can be done for free, but since it has to be in Thai language I guess you will need assistance any way.

Doubt any court case can be started without a deposit.

Every city hall in Thailand has an office of OCPB, so go talk with them, they are free and since it is a high value item will take care.

I have involved them in a few cases in the past decade, and companies, big or small, are afraid of them. Companies who didn't even want to discuss with me, were eager to sort the issues just after the first contact. if OCPB sees a case in your claim, they take it to court, no expense for you

Thanks a lot that's useful. I filed OCPB complaint and mentioned it to the shop they didn't even hear of it or pretended not sure but they didn't seem to care whatever I do or sue them not sure why they are so nonchalant about this. 

So if I have a case with OCPB, no need to hire a lawyer to pursue it in courts? That would be very good. Otherwise it would just double up your work for no reason? 

Should I still visit OCPB even though my case is already filed?

Edited by timoti
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, timoti said:

Thanks a lot that's useful. I filed OCPB complaint and mentioned it to the shop they didn't even heard of it or pretended not sure. 

So if I have a case with them, no need to hire a lawyer to pursue it in courts? That would be very good. Otherwise it would just double up your work for no reason? 

Should I still visit OCPB even though my case is already filed?

Yes you should visit OCPB. As I presume from the OP that you are in the Pattaya area, you can try Pattaya, but I suggest you go to Chonburi right away.

In the past Pattaya was very effective, but staff changed and they are less interested from what I hear.

As with every agency in Thailand, you need to follow up or nothing happens. e.g, send an email, then a few days later call them to notify you sent an email.🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Yes you should visit OCPB. As I presume from the OP that you are in the Pattaya area, you can try Pattaya, but I suggest you go to Chonburi right away.

In the past Pattaya was very effective, but staff changed and they are less interested from what I hear.

As with every agency in Thailand, you need to follow up or nothing happens. e.g, send an email, then a few days later call them to notify you sent an email.🙂

Thanks I will do that. I checked but I only see the Bangkok office. I can't find they other offices. Can you please tell me where they are located in Chon buri? I can try both Pattaya and Chon buri.

Wouldn't the process be....

Seeing JUDGE JUDY 🤯 

You advise the store in writing ....

That they admitted breaking the computer after you sent it there for repair.....and they have refused to fix their damage ....and you intend to have "their" damage repaired at another location and you would require them to pay the final repair bill 

After having it repaired you will have to pay yourself....then SEND that bill to them .... demanding payment !

Then if they refuse to pay....THEN you take legal action to RECOVER the cost ......by seeing JUDGE JUDY 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, timoti said:

Thanks I will do that. I checked but I only see the Bangkok office. I can't find they other offices. Can you please tell me where they are located in Chon buri? I can try both Pattaya and Chon buri.

OCPB offices are in the main city-hall of Pattaya and Chonburi. Just visit the city-hall and ask the info desk for OCPB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try reading the OP's post again. Especially the first sentence. He didn't buy anything from the store.

I think he means ..the OP brought a faulty computer to the store originally to be repaired 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, timoti said:

Hi, 

Basically I left my computer to a computer shop but they physically damaged it and admitted the damage. 

But now they say they can't fix it due to its cost nor pay for it. 

Any good lawyers that won't cost a fortune to win? I have all the evidence. 

I went to magna carta firm a few times but they didn't really call or follow up on it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Well at least are being honest with you're not taking your money and wasting your money cuz you're not going to get anywhere anyway

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I've never heard of laptops costing that much.

Maybe you should go back to the original retailer who sold you that laptop in the first place and sue them for selling you sth you don't need at a ridiculously exorbitant price.

Sounds like highway robbery!

My dell laptop cost 390k.

Does not surpise me there are 500k lappies.

• Like 1