Notification of residence for foreigner

Hi, i have a non O was based on marriage. Last month, i paid 1 000 bahts to get a re-entry permit because i needed to visit my family in Belgium. When i came back in Thailand i have been to the thai immigration office to stamp my passport as i did 3 years ago but i was surprised because the officer ask me the copy of my passport, the tabian, the rental contract and the ID of my wife....

Is it a new rule ? She told me, i can do this online and gave me this address https://tm๓๐.immigration.go.th/ but it doesn't work. Do you have the good one ? Do i need my wife to register ? My wife is the owner of the house we live, can i provide the chanote instead of the rental contract ?

Thanks for your help 🙂

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why did OP require new TM30.

He returned to same address

The OP asked for the address of the TM30 website. I didn't say he had to do a TM30.

7 hours ago, steph83 said:

Is it a new rule ? She told me, i can do this online and gave me this address https://tm๓๐.immigration.go.th/ but it doesn't work. Do you have the good one ? Do i need my wife to register ? My wife is the owner of the house we live, can i provide the chanote instead of the rental contract ?

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why did you go to immigration office " to stamp my passport as I did 3 years ago" ? 

Which immigration office.

I'm going to Saigon upcoming weekend and when I return with reentry permit I will not be doing anything with immigration. TM30 etc

May be i'm wrong, i thought i have to go the stamp my passport when i come back to thailand... Thanks

9 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Here is the address of the TM30 website: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp

When I registered as the housemaster of my wife's house, so I could do my own TM30 reports, I uploaded a copy of my wife's ID card, her blue house book and the ID page of my passport.

Thanks for this information

Edited by steph83
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why did OP require new TM30.

He returned to same address

It's depending of the local immigration office and their rules. I was rejected my extension of stay last time (October), because I didn't register after a short trip abroad with re-entry permission. The rules where I stay is that just a stay outside of the province, I need to re-register in the TM30-system (I can do it myself online as "host" of my house).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

Think it is Mandatory at most ( all ?) IM. if you return from out of the country.

Not true. I don't have to do it at my office Nakhon Sawan. I think Chang Mai and Jomtien the only two offices that buck the trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No. Have never done a TM30 in 12 yrs dealing with CW.

I exit Thailand often. 

You have to do it. Every time I go out of the Country I have to provide passport and stamp to the landlord, they file TM30. Every time I host visitors to sleep by us, the Landlord ask their passports for their TM30. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, NicoBKK said:

You have to do it. Every time I go out of the Country I have to provide passport and stamp to the landlord, they file TM30. Every time I host visitors to sleep by us, the Landlord ask their passports for their TM30. 

I'm not referring to various hotels I might stay in.

I was referring to having never provided a TM30 to immigration office for anything I have required over the years. 

For example ...annual extensions retirement, certificate of residence, TM47, Stamp transfer new pp, etc etc

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not referring to various hotels I might stay in.

I was referring to having never provided a TM30 to immigration office for anything I have required over the years. 

For example ...annual extensions retirement, certificate of residence, TM47, Stamp transfer new pp, etc etc

You are fortunate you don’t have to deal with Jomtien then, TM30 mandatory.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Depends on the weather regards Jomitien. 

Can post threads specific to TM30 and Jomitien showing opposite experience at that office.

Here is one of several threads showing opposite experience at Jomitien 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1317557-tm30-or-not/

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends on the weather regards Jomitien. 

Can post threads specific to TM30 and Jomitien showing opposite experience at that office.

Here is one of several threads showing opposite experience at Jomitien 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1317557-tm30-or-not/

The poster said a report wasn’t required as he had never left Thailand.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:19 PM, DrJack54 said:

Why did you go to immigration office " to stamp my passport as I did 3 years ago" ? 

Which immigration office.

I'm going to Saigon upcoming weekend and when I return with reentry permit I will not be doing anything with immigration. TM30 etc

You will be reporting in person for the TM47 the initial time if you left the country. It gets rejected online.  They will probably want a new TM30 as well if you are in Jomtien. (not certain if Bangkok requests a new TM30 or not, but they want the in person report).

That's exactly what happened to me. I had the TM47 for Bangkok also and a new TM30. Still had the request for in person reporting given when I tried the TM47 online.

Edited by JimTripper

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You will be reporting in person for the TM47 the initial time if you left the country. They will want a new TM30 as well.

That's exactly what happened to me. At the Jomtien office though, Bangkok may differ.

Jomitien is an irrelevant immigration office in my book.

I deal with CW. 

Don't often do TM47 due to LOT travel out of Thailand. 

Do not use online reporting. 

I use mail option for 90 day reporting.

Here 12 years and never done a TM30 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomitien is an irrelevant immigration office in my book.

I deal with CW. 

Don't often do TM47 due to LOT travel out of Thailand. 

Do not use online reporting. 

I use mail for 90 day reporting.

Here 12 years and never done a TM30 

My recent experience was with CW. The address report attempt online was in Bangkok. They wanted me to report in person for the 90 day report the first time after a new entry. Are you getting a receipt back when you do it by mail? If not, you may be fined.

Edited by JimTripper

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mention Jomitien and now CW.

"New entry" on what? 

Seems you changed address. 

That requires a TM30. 

I had the new TM30 for a Bangkok address. They wanted an in person visit to CW for the first 90 day report after I re-entered the country. Or, so the message online stated.

Maybe they have been tossing out your mail in reports and you owe a fine. Sorry, man.

Edited by JimTripper

15 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Maybe they have been tossing out your mail in reports and you owe a fine. Sorry, man.

You don't understand.

I do not do online reports.

I either do them in person when I have business with immigration or do them via mail option..

Currently there seems to be a sync requirement with online reporting match updated TM30.

That can be avoided by not using online reports and that's what I'm doing. 

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Due to all the conflicting reports, I went into that section of Jomtien Immigration 2 weeks ago before I left the country to ask whether I had to do one on my return. I was told if I was returning to the same address they already have on the system and own the property I would not have to do it. The lady specifically asked whether I owned or rented the property - perhaps that's a distinction they use that hasn't already been mentioned, who knows.

11 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Due to all the conflicting reports, I went into that section of Jomtien Immigration 2 weeks ago before I left the country to ask whether I had to do one on my return. I was told if I was returning to the same address they already have on the system and own the property I would not have to do it. The lady specifically asked whether I owned or rented the property - perhaps that's a distinction they use that hasn't already been mentioned, who knows.

Unfortunately you are at the discretion of the individual Immigration Officer and there is no real way to dispute with the one you are dealing with individually.

Did you speak with an Immigration Officer or one of the ladies on reception ?

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Unfortunately you are at the discretion of the individual Immigration Officer and there is no real way to dispute with the one you are dealing with individually.

Did you speak with an Immigration Officer or one of the ladies on reception ?

It was one of the ladies on the reception in the building on the right.