Recommend a computer I can order from Lazada.

giddyup

7 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Just be sure the motherboard is TPM enabled or you cant run WIN 11. Not that I recommend or endorse WIN 11, but because you mentioned that route.

Windows 11 can be installed on a non-TPM enabled PC, simply by altereing a couple of lines in the Registry, or making a Media Creation USB stick via Rufus. I have done it both ways, the Rufus being easier...for me.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:18 PM, giddyup said:

I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line.

On 6/25/2024 at 7:17 PM, giddyup said:

How do these specs look?

Brand

Lenovo

Model

ThinkCentre Neo 30a 24 (12CE00CGTA)

Processor

Intel Core i5-12450H (2.0GHz up to 4.4GHz, 12MB Intel Smart Cache)

Chipset

Intel SoC Platform

Graphics

Integrated Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics

Display Screen

23.8" 1920x1080 (FHD), IPS, 60Hz, 250nits, Anti-glare, 72% NTSC

Main Memory

16GB (1x 16GB) SO-DIMM DDR4-3200

Memory Slot

2 x DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, dual-channel capable

Max Memory

Up to 16GB DDR4-3200

Storage

512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe® 3.0x4 NVMe®

Storage Slot

1 x M.2 SSD (up to 1TB)

Optical Disk Drive

None

Web Camera

• HD 720p 0° Pre-angle pull up camera, LED indicator • 2x, Array Microphone

Sound Technology

High Definition (HD) Audio, Realtek® ALC256 codec

Audio Jack

1x headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm)

Speaker

Stereo speakers, 3W x2, Audio by HARMAN

Network

10/100/1000 LAN

Wireless

Wi-Fi 6 (Intel AX201)

Bluetooth

Bluetooth 5.1

Ports

2x USB 2.0 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 1x HDMI®-out

CardReader

None

Power Adapter

90W 89% Adapter

Battery

None

OS

DOS

Material

N/A

Keyboard Type

ENG/TH Keys

Backlit

None

Touchpad

None

Finger Print

None

Special Feature

N/A

Dimension

(W x D x H) : 54.10 x 20.75 x 43.38 cm

Net Weight

6.70 KG

Package Dimension

(W x D x H) : 20.50 x 65.00 x 55.00 cm

Gross Weight

22.00 KG

Volume

73,287.50 cm3

Will suit your needs since you’re not doing heavy processing. If for whatever reason you want to add more ram, be sure it’s the same make and model of the existing one in the machine.

Edited by novacova
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Depends on the device. Some state that if you break a seal it may affect the warranty. So best to not assume. Likely it will be fine, but check before action.

Even if the vendor fits the module for free, that's another 1500 baht added to or taken away from the budget. Then if you wish to return the device for any reason, you are left with a 16GB RAM module that you have to remove yourself. Better to buy a device with two modules fitted in the first instance. Likely the OP will not buy the device to which you refer, as it doesn't have Windows installed. Either way, if to be done, best to get an identical module fitted.

You need to calm down. You aren't the only one with a clue...

What a crock. Name me one all in one that will void a warranty if extra ram is added in a vacant slot. Just name one.

1 hour ago, LS24 said:

What a crock. Name me one all in one that will void a warranty if extra ram is added in a vacant slot. Just name one.

I just told you. If the device has a seal stating that the warranty will be void if the seal is broken. It's a thing. Best to check before moving forward. Sensible or not?

You are just making yourself look a bit 'over excited'. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Those of you who add insults into your otherwise helpful posts do a disservice to those asking advice because the insult containing posts just get deleted and nobody gets helped.

If you disagree with someone's advice it's easy to do so without insults, which have been removed.

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Will suit your needs since you’re not doing heavy processing. If for whatever reason you want to add more ram, be sure it’s the same make and model of the existing one in the machine.

That device has already been rejected.

Please just do what I did/do:

a. I decide how much RAM I will need.

b. How much storage.

c. What is the best Intel i5 CPU I can afford.

d. How much M.2. storage I can afford.

Then, I ask JIB guy to build in about 60 minutes.

The JIB guy I use assembles several computers per day, 6 days per week.  He has become a real expert.  He is in CM  (NOT the mall.  Don't go to the large malls. I used the JIB at computer plaza.)

e.  Great service at this JIB shop, but all JIBs may not be the same.

In my case, I also ordered some parts from Amazon to get great discounts on RAM  (64 GB)  And, M.2. Storage of 2 TBytes. And an ASUS TUF MB.

I have had very good luck with assembling my computers in past years. Extremely reliable.  They last over 10 years.

If anything should go wrong, and stop working (which has not yet been true of any computers I have assembled), then just buy the new part replacement you need.

This is better than trying to have the entire computer you purchased from Lazada serviced....which sounds like a nightmare to me.

f.  JIB service in my area has improved a lot in the past decade, I think.  I mean, sales service and customer service.  JIB must have been paying more attention to customer satisfaction since a decade ago....I believe.

g.  For an OS:  You can buy Windows, or get a free copy of Windows maybe....  But, it is just far better to download openSUSE LEAP 15.6 from this link...  https://get.opensuse.org/

Using KDE as your GUI is very similar to Windows experience.

This is totally within reach of most computer users.

h.  So, anyway, you can go a lot cheaper than I did, and still have a very nice desktop which will last a long time.  I consider the computer components that I chose to be a BUDGET computer.  The CPU I chose was also very cheap:   i5-13600K for about USD320.00.  This CPU might no longer be easily available, but IDK. It's begin replaced with another CPU which is really no better, and quite more expensive.  (although I did not add up the total cost of components plus MB, I guess I did not spend more than about USD1500.00, and probably less.)

i.  The key to success, I think, is to find a good computer shop that has the experience to do a very good build, and a guy that does assembly all the time.  And, the same guy might be willing to tell you or make suggestions concerning what components will best fit your needs.  Although, I think that they also do not very much like to make suggestions, fearing that they will need to take responsibility if you are not satisfied.

j. Here in Thailand, I would not buy an off-the-shelf desktop computer.

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please just do what I did/do:

a. I decide how much RAM I will need.

b. How much storage.

c. What is the best Intel i5 CPU I can afford.

d. How much M.2. storage I can afford.

Then, I ask JIB guy to build in about 60 minutes.

The JIB guy I use assembles several computers per day, 6 days per week.  He has become a real expert.  He is in CM  (NOT the mall.  Don't go to the large malls. I used the JIB at computer plaza.)

e.  Great service at this JIB shop, but all JIBs may not be the same.

In my case, I also ordered some parts from Amazon to get great discounts on RAM  (64 GB)  And, M.2. Storage of 2 TBytes. And an ASUS TUF MB.

I have had very good luck with assembling my computers in past years. Extremely reliable.  They last over 10 years.

If anything should go wrong, and stop working (which has not yet been true of any computers I have assembled), then just buy the new part replacement you need.

This is better than trying to have the entire computer you purchased from Lazada serviced....which sounds like a nightmare to me.

f.  JIB service in my area has improved a lot in the past decade, I think.  I mean, sales service and customer service.  JIB must have been paying more attention to customer satisfaction since a decade ago....I believe.

g.  For an OS:  You can buy Windows, or get a free copy of Windows maybe....  But, it is just far better to download openSUSE LEAP 15.6 from this link...  https://get.opensuse.org/

Using KDE as your GUI is very similar to Windows experience.

This is totally within reach of most computer users.

h.  So, anyway, you can go a lot cheaper than I did, and still have a very nice desktop which will last a long time.  I consider the computer components that I chose to be a BUDGET computer.  The CPU I chose was also very cheap:   i5-13600K for about USD320.00.  This CPU might no longer be easily available, but IDK. It's begin replaced with another CPU which is really no better, and quite more expensive.  (although I did not add up the total cost of components plus MB, I guess I did not spend more than about USD1500.00, and probably less.)

i.  The key to success, I think, is to find a good computer shop that has the experience to do a very good build, and a guy that does assembly all the time.  And, the same guy might be willing to tell you or make suggestions concerning what components will best fit your needs.  Although, I think that they also do not very much like to make suggestions, fearing that they will need to take responsibility if you are not satisfied.

j. Here in Thailand, I would not buy an off-the-shelf desktop computer.

It's not going to happen. First of all, any such PC is not going to have a warranty.  The builder is not going to give a warranty on parts you buy elsewhere. Therefore any diagnosis and subsequent fix is going to cost you. Replacing a faulty part will mean you chasing up with the seller of that particular part. Of course it might take a whilse to find out which part has actually failed. Do you think @giddyup will chose such an option, especially as his choice is an AIO?

I think some here aren't taking into account personal choices and are coming up with some 'esoteric' ideas. 😊

I wouldn't buy an AIO. But that is what he wants. So we can either help him or just not get involved.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

It's not going to happen. First of all, any such PC is not going to have a warranty.  The builder is not going to give a warranty on parts you buy elsewhere. Therefore any diagnosis and subsequent fix is going to cost you. Replacing a faulty part will mean you chasing up with the seller of that particular part. Of course it might take a whilse to find out which part has actually failed. Do you think @giddyup will chose such an option, especially as his choice is an AIO?

I think some here aren't taking into account personal choices and are coming up with some 'esoteric' ideas. 😊

I wouldn't buy an AIO. But that is what he wants. So we can either help him or just not get involved.

AIO defined for PC:  All-in-One

This is what I am suggesting, an AIO solution.

For example, with my choices, I do not even need to buy a GPU.  The GPU is integrated into the Intel i5 CPU.  This is a major advantage.  GPUs are always problematic.  The CPU will last at least 10 years.  No GPU to worry about going bad after two or three years in this heat in Thaiand.

Also, it's always good for any of us to have choices.  I am just offering a very good solution.

No matter whether someone might be tech-savvy, or not:  Still, using my solution, ANYBODY can walk to the JIB store and do what I did.

Also, one can buy all components at JIB:  JIB will replace parts that go bad before the warranty is expired.  BUT, what is there to go bad, anyway?  Not much.  I have never heard of RAM, or CPU going bad, unless abused by overclocking.  So, that is a non-issue.

Plus, the ASUS MBs I buy usually last a VERY long time if not exposed to salt air and very heavy dust.  Mine last 10 years, at least.

Using my approach will get a better computer (in Thailand) for the same amount spent.

The only issues is in choice and access to the preferred OS.  I choose openSUSE because it is easy to use, and well supported, and has a very low learning curve, and I will be able to use the same OS for ten more years, AT LEAST.  I will never need to worry, ever again, about upgrading to another Windows version.

And...NO.... I will NEVER need to "chase up with the seller", as you put it, doing things my way.  But, if I bought some off-the-shelf computer that went bad after a year, or two....then this would be a NIGHTMARE to get it serviced, in terms of time and money.

Therefore, no one should so easily dismiss doing assembly, at JIB, as I have done.

Choices are always good to have....

=====

Note: If by AIO you mean something that incorporates a computer screen, like a laptop, then it's not expensive to just buy a cheap computer screen and plug it in. Likewise, speakers, even quite good ones, can be had for Bt.2500.  And, I am talking VERY nice ones, like MicroLab, with a separate powercube.  Or, just go with the cheapest that sound decent....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 6/25/2024 at 1:18 PM, giddyup said:

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers

Deciding on what computer to purchase is no different than anything else. First is budget then need/want. Then research of build quality which includes warranty, warranty is part of the quality of the product, from my perspective warranty is the product. The least on the tier is carrot stick sales pitching. So far I haven’t seen any pc gurus on this thread with profound knowledge. There are plenty of good forums and sites where you can get solid insight on the components of the hardware that is in your price range. Most importantly is making an independent patient informed decision. 

• Agree 1

Thanks for all the great info guys, but I think I'll have a visit to JIB or Advice and have a look at their range of AIO's. I am still partial to Lenovo, mainly because mine has performed faultlessly for 8 years (had it longer than I thought), and only lately seems to be developing some minor faults.

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Deciding on what computer to purchase is no different than anything else. First is budget then need/want. Then research of build quality which includes warranty, warranty is part of the quality of the product, from my perspective warranty is the product. The least on the tier is carrot stick sales pitching. So far I haven’t seen any pc gurus on this thread with profound knowledge. There are plenty of good forums and sites where you can get solid insight on the components of the hardware that is in your price range. Most importantly is making an independent patient informed decision. 

PC guru with profound knowledge.... Why such utter nonsense? On what should such a person expound to make you proclaim them as such?

The OP prefers an AIO. Would a PC guru of profound knowledge know every model and it's figures for reliability off by heart?

Ridiculous 😊

Most of the retail brands offer pre-built kits which save the hassle of availability/compatibility.

JIB  https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/1/1400

Advice https://www.advice.co.th/product/comset

IHAVECPU  https://ihavecpu.com/promotion

I didn't read the OP's additional posts so unsure about the application requirements (gaming for example), but there are integrated graphics options from both Intel and AMD, which help keep costs down, if not needed.

https://ihavecpu.com/product/19387/jund5-03-amd-ryzen-7-8700g-4.2ghz-8c-16t-b650m-onboard-16gb-ddr5-5200mhz-m.2-500gb-650w-(80bronze)-hs

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-intel/set-intel/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-intel-i295-i5-14500-no-vga

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-intel/set-intel/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-intel-i285-i5-13500-no-vga

Some of these sell out quickly (7 - 14 days) - I've been shopping for one for a friend - and have missed out on a few.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Most of the retail brands offer pre-built kits which save the hassle of availability/compatibility.

JIB  https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/1/1400

Advice https://www.advice.co.th/product/comset

IHAVECPU  https://ihavecpu.com/promotion

I didn't read the OP's additional posts so unsure about the application requirements (gaming for example), but there are integrated graphics options from both Intel and AMD, which help keep costs down, if not needed.

https://ihavecpu.com/product/19387/jund5-03-amd-ryzen-7-8700g-4.2ghz-8c-16t-b650m-onboard-16gb-ddr5-5200mhz-m.2-500gb-650w-(80bronze)-hs

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-intel/set-intel/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-intel-i295-i5-14500-no-vga

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-intel/set-intel/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-intel-i285-i5-13500-no-vga

Some of these sell out quickly (7 - 14 days) - I've been shopping for one for a friend - and have missed out on a few.

??

OP is looking for a All-in-One 24"  PC  he said so in his opening post

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ignis said:

OP is looking for a All-in-One 24"  PC  he said so in his opening post

I must have missed that in the original post...

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

The options I suggested are "all in one"; no clue what a 24" PC is though.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I must have missed that in the original post...

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

The options I suggested are "all in one"; no clue what a 24" PC is though.

To give some idea here is one

https://www.bnn.in.th/en/p/desktop-and-all-in-one/all-in-one/lenovo-all-in-one/lenovo-desktop-aio-24irh9-f0hn0020ta-cloud-grey-197530035432_zpqxxo?ref=category

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

'Cause you don't know what an AIO is.

You are correct. I missed that in the OP even after several readings.

1 hour ago, ignis said:

To give some idea here is one

Thanks, I honestly didn't know there was such a thing anymore, other than from Apple.

Every major supplier seems to have quite a large selection of these things.

https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/2/28

The OP can order direct, and most of these suppliers have same day delivery in as little as two hours.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

You are correct. I missed that in the OP even after several readings.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know there was such a thing anymore, other than from Apple.

Every major supplier seems to have quite a large selection of these things.

https://www.advice.co.th/product/all-in-one-pc

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/2/28

The OP can order direct, and most of these suppliers have same day delivery in as little as two hours.

The OP is with the program. He's going to pop down to the shops to look at the size and quality of the products before making a decision.

• Agree 1