Food Safety Inspection Conducted by Public Health Department at Pattaya Market

snoop1130

thepprasit-road-nightmarket.jpg

To protect public health, the Public Health Department officials carried out a detailed food safety inspection at Rong Po Market in North Pattaya last week.

Banglamung authorities were quite thorough in their inspection on Friday, June 21, examining each vendor closely. They also handed out leaflets explaining the strict inspection criteria.

Each vendor at Rong Po Market was carefully evaluated in three crucial areas: location, food quality, and equipment standards. The location checks were especially rigorous, with vendors required to possess valid permits and keep their stalls clean and sturdy.

These stalls, including the vehicles and selling areas, had to be easy to clean and at least 60 cm above the ground. Officials strictly enforced rules on lighting and the use of covers to keep food uncontaminated.

Food quality and equipment standards were seriously scrutinized, with officials evaluating the safety of both fresh and dry foods. Vendors were required to store these items at the right temperatures and follow precise cleaning guidelines.

Vendors also had to keep seasonings and additives clean and use separate equipment for raw and cooked foods. Providing clean water storage for cooking was another mandatory condition.

This yearly thorough review is important in upholding high food safety standards year-round. In addition to inspecting, officials also gave advice and suggestions to any vendors who didn't meet the strict standards.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-25

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Food quality and equipment standards were seriously scrutinized, with officials evaluating the safety of both fresh and dry foods. Vendors were required to store these items at the right temperatures and follow precise cleaning guidelines.

Temperature control?

Hot water for cleaning?

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

The chances of finding e-coli bacteria in every food sample in every market or roadside food stall in Thailand is about 100%. Restaurants (a building with at least two walls) are not much better.  

Imodium is your friend.:coffee1:

I always felt uncomfortable with dogs wandering about in eating places in Thailand.....

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

The chances of finding e-coli bacteria in every food sample in every market or roadside food stall in Thailand is about 100%. Restaurants (a building with at least two walls) are not much better.  

Imodium is your friend.:coffee1:

Market food is better than restaurant food. I never got food poisoning in Thailand. 

END SARCASM 

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I always felt uncomfortable with dogs wandering about in eating places in Thailand.....

Any place which has dogs and food together, never gets me as a customer.  This applies to 7-11s.  I won't even go to one that has a crazed dog barking across the road; e-coli or rabies?

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Any place which has dogs and food together, never gets me as a customer.  This applies to 7-11s.  I won't even go to one that has a crazed dog barking across the road; e-coli or rabies?

Standard in the old 'Sea Side' on Soi 7....

There was a dog used to sleep at the back of the 7-11 near me, in there getting out of the heat sat next to the coolers. I often wondered why it was never away with some boiled ham. The Thais made the joke it was the owner keeping an eye on things. 

On 6/26/2024 at 6:33 AM, jacko45k said:

Rong Po market..... the one 2km North of where Hwy 36 meet Sukhumvit?

Wouldn't have thought of it as a Pattaya market. 

Definitely north of Pattaya municipality.

Just some market in Banglamung district.
Pattaya ends short before 36/Suk.

Rong Po Market in North Pattaya

-> Rong Po Market north of Pattaya

Edited by KhunBENQ