'Swear on Allah': French 12 year old antisemitic rape victim told to convert to Islam

Social Media

On 6/26/2024 at 9:35 AM, Peterphuket said:

In their fairy tale book, it is literally written to kill anyone who is not Muslim.
Now you again.

Don't act ignorant, it doesn't say that.   For me it is a cultural act rather than a religious one. I write as an atheist that all religions are about slavery and bigotry.
Anyway, we're all Goy. We'd better get used to it 😄  

ChatGPT Islam

No, there is no verse in Islam that commands to "kill the unbelievers." Islam emphasizes peace, justice, and tolerance. While there are verses in the Quran that discuss warfare, these are generally context-specific and often pertain to self-defense.

One verse that is frequently misunderstood and misquoted out of context is Surah Al-Baqarah 2:191:

"And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al-Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers."

This verse was revealed in the context of Muslims being persecuted and driven out of Mecca. Even in warfare, Islam mandates adherence to principles of justice and the rules of engagement.

Another relevant verse is Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:32:

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely."

This verse highlights the sanctity of human life and the severity of unjustly taking a life.

Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, and it is essential to consider the context when interpreting verses from the Quran.

ChatGPT Christianity

The Bible, both the Old Testament and the New Testament, contains passages that have been interpreted in various ways, sometimes including calls to violence, especially in historical and context-specific situations.

Old Testament

1. Deuteronomy 20:16-17:

"However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you."

This passage is part of the instructions given to the Israelites regarding the conquest of Canaan. It reflects a specific historical context and should be understood within that framework.

2. 1 Samuel 15:3:

"Now go and attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

This verse describes God's command to King Saul to destroy the Amalekites, again in a specific historical and cultural context.

New Testament

The New Testament generally emphasizes peace and love, following the teachings of Jesus Christ. However, there are passages that have been interpreted in various ways:

1. Matthew 10:34:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

This verse has often been understood metaphorically, referring to the division and conflict that the message of Jesus would cause among people, rather than a literal call to violence.

2. Luke 19:27:

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."

This verse is part of a parable and is generally interpreted as a symbolic message about the consequences of rejecting Jesus' kingship.

Context and Interpretation

Just like in Islam, the interpretation of these verses requires understanding the historical, cultural, and literary context. Both Christianity and Islam have extensive traditions of scholarship that seek to understand and interpret their sacred texts in ways that align with broader principles of peace, justice, and love.

In summary, while there are verses in the Bible that describe acts of violence, these are often specific to historical contexts and are interpreted in various ways within the broader teachings of Christianity.

Edited by CashMoon
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2024 at 10:34 AM, Neeranam said:

Sounds like the Christians a few centuries ago.

a series of military expeditions called the Crusades was launched from Christian Europe against the peoples of the Near East. Sparked by a zeal to rid the Holy Lands of "infidels"—meaning Moslems primarily

https://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320hist&civ/chapters/15crusad.htm#:~:text=Spanning most of the High,any real or lasting success.

So you think it's ok in this day and age for Moslems to do the same as the Crusaders did centuries ago?  If you don't why bring it up?

There are lots of horrific things that have happened due to religious beliefs long ago such as being burnt at the stake for non- believers, Spanish inquisition, etc.  Hope we don't go back to that sort of thing to try to influence people's beliefs.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:34 AM, Neeranam said:

Sounds like the Christians a few centuries ago.

a series of military expeditions called the Crusades was launched from Christian Europe against the peoples of the Near East. Sparked by a zeal to rid the Holy Lands of "infidels"—meaning Moslems primarily

https://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320hist&civ/chapters/15crusad.htm#:~:text=Spanning most of the High,any real or lasting success.

Muslim tribes had themselves invaded and colonised this area, which was previously part of the Bizantine empire, a few centuries ago......

6 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

So you think it's ok in this day and age for Moslems to do the same as the Crusaders did centuries ago?  If you don't why bring it up?

No, I don't, but I try not to judge other people's cultures or religions. 

I was putting things into perspective. 

This day and age on some countries is not the same day and age in my countries, Thailand and Scotland, which also differ in days and ages. 

For example, if a Yank says Thais are racist, I remind them that in my lifetime blacks couldn't vote in some US states. 

If someone says Palestinians are terrorists, I remind them that less than 80!yrars ago the future Israelis were terrorists, etc.