Wise problems

Anyone having problems with wise today? I attempted to send money to somebody today but I was named as the recipient with the bank details of the other person so I gave up and tried sending money to myself but all I get is the revolving Euro sign, the QR code requirements (pay by Klarna) seem to have been by passed. I now get the info that payment was paused and nothing else is happening.

6 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

using your name as recipient and bank details of another has probably triggered a "money laundering" investigation, would be a good idea to phone Wise.

I didn't use my name as recipient, I gave the name and bank details of the other person (but same address), with her email address, when it came to press 'send' I noticed in the details that I was the recipient but the bank details were for the other person. I started a new transfer to myself but the procedure looked different, normally I would be directed to klarna bank and using my German bank info and a QR code then the revolving Euro sign would appear, this time, apart from asking for method of payment, I klicked on Klarna and up came the the revolving Euro sign without the intermediate steps. 

First time I used Wise I requested they access funds direct from my bank, this transaction fell over and locked both my Wise & Bank accounts for a few days.

Since then I have always sent the money from my bank using the bank app. Then gone into Wise to forward it to Thailand, have never had an issue doing it this way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

First time I used Wise I requested they access funds direct from my bank, this transaction fell over and locked both my Wise & Bank accounts for a few days.

Since then I have always sent the money from my bank using the bank app. Then gone into Wise to forward it to Thailand, have never had an issue doing it this way.

I've had a disastrous day with a happy ending :-

(A) 3x I tried with Klarna sofort pay, but it didn't work so I canceled them all, later I received an email from wise saying Klarna was having difficulties transferring to Thailand but wise was working on it.

(B) I tried with my visa debit card, after giving in all the info I received a message about using an app concerning visa/mastercard security check, I tried but didn't know what I was doing....it failed

(C) next I tried a direct transfer from my German account to a Belgian Wise account but my antivirus program refused to let me open my online banking account because 'it was infected with phishing'

(D) I loaded a different antivirus program and uninstalled the old one.

(E) I tried one last time with Klarna and it worked.

(F) I tried online banking with my German account and I was able to open it, no problems.

(G)Wise told me I would receive my money on the 27th and I drank a beer.