New Times/Siena College Poll - Trump 4 Point Lead Before Debate

Social Media

image.png.9ee5d518514b735c49e384ed72c2ac06.png

Former President Donald Trump has secured a notable four-point lead over President Joe Biden in the latest New York Times/Siena College poll, ahead of their anticipated Thursday debate. This surge represents Trump's most significant advantage in this election cycle. The poll indicates Trump has 48% support among likely voters, compared to Biden's 44%.

In the previous survey conducted by the same pollsters in April, Trump had a marginal one-point lead over Biden among likely voters. Among registered voters, Trump held a six-point advantage, 48% to 42%. When third-party candidates were factored into the poll, Trump maintained an edge with 40% support, while Biden received 37%. Independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. garnered 7% support among likely voters.

However, the New York Times cautioned that this poll could be an outlier, as the average of national polls up to Wednesday showed Trump leading by only one point, 46% to 45%. The poll also highlighted voter concerns about Biden's age, with 70% considering him too old to be effective, including a majority of his supporters. In contrast, only 40% of voters felt the same about Trump.

The economy and immigration emerged as the top issues for voters, with 23% and 17% respectively identifying them as their primary concerns. Half of the respondents believed Trump would handle these issues better, while only 40% thought Biden was better suited to address their top concerns.

The upcoming debate is highly anticipated, with 77% of likely voters planning to watch. Among those, 59% expect Trump to perform well, while less than half (48%) have the same expectation for Biden. This first debate will be crucial as both candidates seek to solidify their positions and sway undecided voters ahead of the November election.

Credit: New York Post 2024-06-28

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 1

As a relatively impartial observer and someone who barely cares who wins (as much as I detest Trump) I would have to say that Biden's performance will likely drop him in the poll standings, as he did not perform well. 

There is a good reason why there is a great deal of fear and panic within the Democratic party at the moment. Van Jones said it well. I love the guy, but his performance was dismal. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

As a relatively impartial observer and someone who barely cares who wins (as much as I detest Trump) I would have to say that Biden's performance will likely drop him in the poll standings, as he did not perform well. 

There is a good reason why there is a great deal of fear and panic within the Democratic party at the moment. Van Jones said it well. I love the guy, but his performance was dismal. 

Did you watch the debate on CNN? If so I have to assume that the black guy was Van Jones. He was looking a bit teary at the demise of his hero, IMO.

It's going to be uproar in Dem institutions all over the US right now, and party party in the GOP places.

The only question is will Biden accept the fat lady sang already?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Van is one of those guys that I disagree with on almost everything, but would love to go out for a few drinks with. He comes across as sincere and intelligent. Not a 100% partisan hack stuck on his talking points. 

It is gonna be a looong weekend for the upper caste of the Democratic Party.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO no one with a brain cell that watched the debate could imagine that Biden can do 4 more years. I'll be very surprised if his electability is above 10% now ( there's always a few that will think Biden is God's gift to the planet, LOL ). That's not to say they want Trump to win.

Lots of dumb voters. Biden will still poll 40%.

• Haha 1

I recall in 2016 when it was pointed out an inside straight was the only possibility of a Trump win.

I also thought as well lets have Trump win so those responisble have to deal with the mess

Little did I realize this was the formation of a cult which was going to kill America

The laughing at Trump MAGA still is Golden.

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I recall in 2016 when it was pointed out an inside straight was the only possibility of a Trump win.

I also thought as well lets have Trump win so those responisble have to deal with the mess

Little did I realize this was the formation of a cult which was going to kill America

The laughing at Trump MAGA still is Golden.

Trump did well. Low unemployment, low inflation, good borders. Best president since RR. Shame the pathetic corpse is there but he is gone soon.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Trump did well. Low unemployment, low inflation, good borders. Best president since RR. Shame the pathetic corpse is there but he is gone soon.

Trump surfed on Obama's good economic trends he inherited from him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/data-show-trump-didn-t-build-great-economy-he-inherited-n1237793

mtp_fs_data_download_3b_2020_08_23_1.png

mtp_fs_data_download_2b_2020_08_23_1.png

mtp_fs_data_download_1b_2020_08_23.png

On 6/28/2024 at 1:52 PM, Hanaguma said:

Van is one of those guys that I disagree with on almost everything, but would love to go out for a few drinks with. He comes across as sincere and intelligent. Not a 100% partisan hack stuck on his talking points. 

It is gonna be a looong weekend for the upper caste of the Democratic Party.  

During Trump administration,Van came in to help Trump. Im surprised the far left didnt crucify him for that!

The First Step Act. Working with the Trump White House and Kim Kardashian, Jones and #cut50 were involved in helping to pass the First Step Act, a criminal justice reform bill The New York Times called "the most substantial changes in a generation" to national crime and sentencing laws.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones#:~:text=justice reform bill.-,The First Step Act,national crime and sentencing laws.

55 minutes ago, riclag said:

During Trump administration,Van came in to help Trump. Im surprised the far left didnt crucify him for that!

The First Step Act. Working with the Trump White House and Kim Kardashian, Jones and #cut50 were involved in helping to pass the First Step Act, a criminal justice reform bill The New York Times called "the most substantial changes in a generation" to national crime and sentencing laws.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones#:~:text=justice reform bill.-,The First Step Act,national crime and sentencing laws.

Well, Van does have the advantage of the Melanin Forcefield, which shields him from most criticism. Plus a lifetime of being on the left of most issues.

• Thumbs Up 1