Spend your money before you die.......or......

EVENKEEL

49 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

If I can do four then you should be able to do two. If not, buy a bigger booty, money is no object, right?

I mean them doing me. No way am I putting my mouth on a hooker's you-know-what.

I think two hookers back there is the very definition of diminishing returns.

As Chris Rock said of a three-way, "grab a ball and make yourself useful" They call it kiss el negro there, by the way.

Peanut Butter: Health food store in the back of Jing Jai Market. 

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

But some days the main meal is a peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake from 7/11. Hard to get good health food style peanut butter here. But a big jar lasts a month. Like 200 baht?

Vitamix blender for homemade peanut butter and protein shakes. Two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gecko123

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I tried blender peanut butter. Very hard to get the consistency right.  

At my affluence level, I want professionally blended peanut butter.

Are you talking about a Skippy or Jiffy consistency? Pretty sure that's achieved through use of homogenized oils and emulsifiers. Pretty much any smoothness level can be obtained using a blender, IMHO, especially if you are talking "natural" health food store style peanut butter. If you like a crunchy blend, you reserve a portion of partially ground nuts. Made at home you can control the roast, oil, sugar, salt content. I've never once thought about store bought peanut butter since started making homemade.

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Made at home you can control the roast, oil, sugar, salt content. 

Not as long as I have 200 baht and can frontload 3 jars at a time.

What is the point of being Thai-Warren Buffet if I have to fiddle around with roasting my own nuts?

RDS: 4 women on one butt? I hope that's a Hollywood King-sized bed. Maybe do two on each body-side.

I just had a mussaman curry crepe and two coffee's. Stuffed for the day, 360 baht. I'll do a beverage reload at 7/11. Like 450 baht for a week. I'm still not even near 1,000 baht, let alone 2.

And we had so much sushi yesterday at Sushi Cafe at Jing Jai Market that we went home with some. 1,200 baht. For 3 people. With the cab, I still ended up with 600 baht left over from my 2K daily allotment. Just toss it back on to the pile. I still have 2 full jars of peanut butter so I didn't bother.

Maybe I should get a young student girlfriend to soak up 500 baht a day. She could also function as the third sushi eater. A menage au tempura. Thai people love tempura, when they can get it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

But some days the main meal is a peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake from 7/11. Hard to get good health food style peanut butter here. But a big jar lasts a month. Like 200 baht?

7/11 sell peanut butter sandwiches and protien shakes ?

On 6/29/2024 at 3:14 PM, Gecko123 said:

Having money in the bank does provide a sense of security. I have to admit that as I have gotten older I have found it very difficult to strike a balance between using money to "enjoy" life versus socking it away for a rainy day. At times, I have tried to force myself to spend more, but find it difficult to do so. 

Very good points .

I have 

On 6/29/2024 at 4:30 PM, Hummin said:

You Imagine uncle Joe (Biden) driving one? He is an good example how many of us will end up, and we will not even recognize it our self! 

I will spend what I feel I need to spend for a good quality life, and that is for comfortable hotels and good food when we have our "holidays".

I will leave the rest for my wife. 

I'm not sure why you have to bring American politics into it?

So I will bring Australian politics into it .

Can you imagine Anthony Albanese driving one? It's not easy under Albabanseeee!

On 6/29/2024 at 10:45 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I've got $$$ earmarked for my return to the US, but what to do with all the rest? I don't really want a bigger house, just more work. Buy a newer MC, I like mine that I bought used, it's perfect. Get my kid set for the future is one goal. And, alot of travel. Blow it all.

The old saying comes to mind.....Booze and hookers, the rest I'll just waste.

I can give you my bank account, then you travel light.😇

12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

When times were hard, my mom used to say "I guess we're gonna be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while."

Could have been worse.  I have no recollection, as I was just a baby at the time, but I remember my 3 older sisters talking a number of times about a train trip to Pennsylvania to visit the grandparents when we lived in Oregon.  Dad was on an extended overseas assignment with the military and Mom decided to make the trip on her own with the kids even though she was short on money.  Apparently, they ate peanut butter crackers the entire train trip there and back.  I think to this day none of them can look at peanut butter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RSD1 said:

That's cool. Very tempting. Thanks. 👍🏼

I'm sure there are better models out there, this was the first one that popped up on Lazada.

Fresh peanut butter is the bestest!  Did a cycle tour of New Zealand last century.  They have a chain of organic bulk food stores featuring self-service counter with machines to make peanut better and to grind fresh coffee.

Better options on Alibaba

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Stainless-steel-peanut-butter-making-machine_1600288347055.html

This one also makes soy milk.

Edited by NoDisplayName