Best types of foreigners in Thailand

susanlea

6 hours ago, susanlea said:

What's so good about Nimman? Traffic is horrendous. 

On either side of Nimman road is a grid of very low traffic streets, practically pedestrianized.

Add in the mix of old growth trees, specialty shops and endless restaurants, and I favor Nimman above Soho England or The French Quarter, NO as a party zone.

Tons of old Thai restaurants and street food on the side soi's. I eat at a Thai Chinese place with a strong, old Lonely Planet vibe twice a week. It's between a French creperie and a $100 a plate omakase restaurant.

Walk another 20 feet and you can eat Chinese noodles or in a 4* Indian restaurant. And there's 10 soi's just like mine. 

People of all ages and ethnicities mixing is another attraction. I live across from the Yellow Work Space. Always something going on; the weekly meetup buffet sells out.

Nimman also has a ton of yoga, qi gong, pilates and gyms that don't cost 69 baht a day. Most condo's have pools. I'd be in the Old City if I could rent there, but this is a great consolation prize (and 8 minutes away).

If you want to be near a bunch of great restaurants anywhere in the world, you have to be where the tourists are.

We do, so we're here. And we will be very hard to entice elsewhere. This is a great place to visit, and a great place to live. How many places can meet those two bench marks.

Some people live in Thailand for cheap luxury. Not for women or the beach.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not sure you can read then - the post is easy enough for any idiot to understand... 

... What was that about keeping silent again?...   Perhaps you should not have removed doubt !!! 

Actually made little sense at all. Calling someone "totally sick" well that applies to murderers and rapists not different opinions.

Well done on using a stupid old cliche. You just confirmed your own status.

Edited by susanlea

1 minute ago, flexomike said:

you can't afford to drink on your budget

Sangsom and local beers are rather cheap in shops. A beer costs the same as a bowl of noodles and Sangsom 2.5 bowls of noodles. How do you think Thais can afford to drink on their 8,000 baht a month budget?

19 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Actually made little sense at all. Calling someone "totally sick" well that applies to murderers and rapists not different opinions.

Well done on using a stupid old cliche. You just confirmed your own status.

He didn't get you were making a comment bout Biden and thought you were being mean to people with dementia. 

• Agree 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Forums have sound now? :cheesy:

And you have just confirmed your own status !!! 

... Just as someone writes, "she / he said" when referring to another's written word (i.e. on this forum)... 

Or "that sounds like..."   its perfectly acceptable when referring to the written word....

... your comment "sounds kind-of dumb"...   :coffee1:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

And you have just confirmed your own status !!! 

... Just as someone writes, "she / he said" when referring to another's written word (i.e. on this forum)... 

Or "that sounds like..."   its perfectly acceptable when referring to the written word....

... your comment "sounds kind-of dumb"...   :coffee1:

Ok great. 

I was not born yesterday, polite, and quiet, and I can read nautical charts.

But still, I am not the BEST type of Farang in Thailand.

There is no best type, only better types.

Also, I have yet to see a better type than me.

I need look no further for anyone better.

So, I do not.

Anytime I see a best-type Pattaya Farang, in the distance, I walk the other way.

The better-type Farang will never come to Thailand, for more than a 48-hour layover.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Ok great. 

I've just realised... You're a complete child who needs to have the last word... 

... just another trollish nobhed on this forum who lacks the basic abilities to hold a conversation instead wanting to turn everything into a conflict...   Now I have your measure its easy enough to write off anything you post as nothing more than irritating noise... 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

I've just realised... You're a complete child who needs to have the last word... 

... just another trollish nobhed on this forum who lacks the basic abilities to hold a conversation instead wanting to turn everything into a conflict...   Now I have your measure its easy enough to write off anything you post as nothing more than irritating noise... 

Nobody wants to talk to you except Bob. A regular alcoholic. Says something about you.

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

On either side of Nimman road is a grid of very low traffic streets, practically pedestrianized.

Add in the mix of old growth trees, specialty shops and endless restaurants, and I favor Nimman above Soho England or The French Quarter, NO as a party zone.

Tons of old Thai restaurants and street food on the side soi's. I eat at a Thai Chinese place with a strong, old Lonely Planet vibe twice a week. It's between a French creperie and a $100 a plate omakase restaurant.

Walk another 20 feet and you can eat Chinese noodles or in a 4* Indian restaurant. And there's 10 soi's just like mine. 

People of all ages and ethnicities mixing is another attraction. I live across from the Yellow Work Space. Always something going on; the weekly meetup buffet sells out.

Nimman also has a ton of yoga, qi gong, pilates and gyms that don't cost 69 baht a day. Most condo's have pools. I'd be in the Old City if I could rent there, but this is a great consolation prize (and 8 minutes away).

If you want to be near a bunch of great restaurants anywhere in the world, you have to be where the tourists are.

We do, so we're here. And we will be very hard to entice elsewhere. This is a great place to visit, and a great place to live. How many places can meet those two bench marks.

Some people live in Thailand for cheap luxury. Not for women or the beach.

How often do you dine out?  What is your typical dinner bill?  

You make me want to add a week stay in CM next trip.  But you did forget the deadly, life shortening ,air quality 2 months out of 12. 

10 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Damn you are one noisy one

Indeed, what began as a potentially intriguing thread was swiftly demolished by the OP’s relentless, mind-numbing attacks on every comment...

It seems we've all failed to recognise the glaring signs of dementia, clearly displayed in the OP’s deranged responses - Point #6: People who can recognise dementia and call it out - we've failed... :whistling:

9 hours ago, susanlea said:

1 The quiet ones

2 People who can read a map and don't think Pattaya is half of Thailand

3 People who are polite and not angry

4 People who can go weeks without alcohol

5 People who know how to use search engines and weren't born yesterday

6 People who can recognise dementia and call it out

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed, what began as a potentially intriguing thread was swiftly demolished by the OP’s relentless, mind-numbing attacks on every comment...

It seems we've all failed to recognise the glaring signs of dementia, clearly displayed in the OP’s deranged responses - Point #6: People who can recognise dementia and call it out - we've failed... :whistling:

Keep trying. One day you will come up with a joke.