drink and driving

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I guess the thought process must be similar to amulets.....they work really well....until they don"t.

I can drive drunk and never have accident or kill anyone until........

Exactly.

• Sad 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps he was killed by a self-aggrandising drunk driver who ineptly thought he was conforming to the road rules?

Nope, unfortunately he only had himself to blame.

• Like 2

Just now, MalcolmB said:

You just stay home, sober, looking out over the dam through your faux French windows listening to the grandfather clock ticking away until you fall off the perch. 

It won’t be long now mate. 

So Goat is now a bird, tweet, tweet......😂

And "won't be long now" for what, Aussie bloke....?    🤭

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're, clearly, the world's greatest drunk driver but the next time may be your 901st (?, maths), and last, time.   Hope you don't take anyone else out with you.

My father was probably better than me as he did use to speed (as he always did) and also never had an accident.

lets be clear, I DO a adjust my driving when drunk for safety (and legal) reasons. 

And with nearly 5,000 journeys without incident I have proven to myself that my technique is a proven winner.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So Goat is now a bird, tweet, tweet......😂

And "won't be long now" for what, Aussie bloke....?    🤭

Having some hot flushes and feeling grumpy this morning are we dear? 

Can I suggest some evening primrose oil?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

pot, kettle

Now the Red bloke is replying to my replies to others, do commies allow that sort of thing...?  🤔

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MalcolmB said:

Having some hot flushes and feeling grumpy this morning are we dear? 

Can I suggest some evening primrose oil?

Nice to know you know all about that sort of thing............😘

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Couldn't agree more......equally dangerous using a phone whilst driving.

I think it is worse. 
When drunk I am watching the road. 

• Sad 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

so imagine for a moment, if a drunk driver took the life of someone close to you, perhaps your beloved young daugther.

could you ever forgive them, let alone tell them, "don't worry mate, accidents happen. i myself sometimes drink and drive

since many years ..."

this kind of thinking is what puts countless lives at risk. why do so many people seem to have this attitude?

The bloke is a wind-up tool, probably at home with mum............🤭

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

The bloke is a wind-up tool, probably at home with mum............🤭

Well, we were not going to tell you.

But anyway, your mum says to say hello. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So drinking three beers and driving is ok, is it?  Your own drinking and driving rules to suit your social circumstances!

He obviously knows his limit, it works for him.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I thought 900 sounded a bit low. 

That is a lot of money saved by not paying for taxis unnecessarily.

it adds up.

Great, might want to put it in a savings account for when you need to pay for somebody's life support once in the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It isn't.

It sure is, and many have been charged with murder for causing deaths. All depends on what state, country, prior charges etc. It's traditionally been a vehicular homicide but not always.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Well, we were not going to tell you.

But anyway, your mum says to say hello. 

Doubt it........🤨

And who is "we".......Most Australians here avoid your stuff like the plague, too embarrassing.......🤐

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BobBKK said:
24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Which is a shame.......I'd hate to think you watched a drunken neighbour leave your soi on a regular basis and one day wipe out an innocent family on the expressway....I would feel a strong sense of responsibility for 'allowing' that to happen.

Maybe you should join the tourist Police?  you can then report on people all day long

That would be a much better plan than your mindset.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The next time may be your 901st, and last, time.   Hope you don't take anyone else out with you.

Hundreds of my friends over the years have also done it

You have hundreds of friends?   I'd bet an awful lot against that!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
52 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I can drive drunk and never have accident or kill anyone until........

Some sober idiot on a phone runs into me.

...when you drunkenly thought that you were on the right side of the road and not speeding, but drunk!   You seem to be suggesting, bizarrely, that drunk driving is a preferable state to using a phone.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually bragging about driving 3 times a week drunk.

Not bragging, just stating the facts.

sorry if it is not PC or woke enough for you.

i would say most drinkers on this forum would drink drive.

they just don’t say it because the puritans will harp on like you and others are. 

And I find an American talking about me hypothetically talking about an imaginary child I will kill a bit rich considering you guys are supplying the bombs that are actually killing kids everyday. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So drinking three beers and driving is ok, is it?  Your own drinking and driving rules to suit your social circumstances!

I think 3 beers (sm), w/food over the course of a few hours, might not ever register as illegal.  I think the last 7 yrs, a barely got pass 2 sm Lao Darks or 1 Kopper Kaft while sitting surfside.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

I think snitch is the word.

You're either part of the solution, or the problem.   Prevent someone you love or know, or not, from getting hurt or killed vs it's OK for you not prevent it.   

Judge your own moral compass, as you're the one that has to live with the feelings, as the ambulance pulls away from your soi / accident, when you could have prevented it.   UP2U  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Not bragging, just stating the facts.

sorry if it is not PC or woke enough for you.

i would say most drinkers on this forum would drink drive.

they just don’t say it because the puritans will harp on like you and others are. 

And I find an American talking about me hypothetically talking about an imaginary child I will kill a bit rich considering you guys are supplying the bombs that are actually killing kids everyday. 

Having a conscience separates people who care from those that don't. I drove after drinking a number of times, and was lucky I didn't hurt myself or others every time. I came close to an accident or two and eventually it made me think more about what I was doing. You definitely cannot control a car even impaired by a few drinks near as effectively as sober. Drunk you're plain lucky you arrive home intact, as well as those around you. I don't give a rats ass if it's "woke, PC or whatever". It's plain stupid and dangerous. Everyone who's ever killed or maimed anyone while driving thought they were okay to drive home. There are alternatives. You can't "adjust" your driving for legal reasons while drunk. It's illegal, period.  And I'm not supplying bombs to anyone, the government through the military is, although I do agree all terrorists should be exterminated.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It isn't.

It sure is, and many have been charged with murder for causing deaths.

Ok then, quote specifically just one instance of a drunk driver who caused a death being charged with "murder" when there was no intent.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok then, quote specifically just one instance of a drunk driver who caused a death being charged with "murder".

Quite easy, as there are many instances. This I found in 2 seconds..............https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-05-29/twice-convicted-dui-driver-charged-with-murder-in-crash-that-killed-14-year-old-in-newport-beach

I stand corrected, sort of, but absolutely not the norm...

"Those convicted of DUI in California must be given a “Watson advisement,” which advises them that those who kill others while driving under the influence can be charged with murder".