UK Tesco bank website will not accept my security numbers.

Hi folks.

I'm using windows 11 Edge browser on my laptop. 

After several phone calls to Tesco, and being taken through various methods of logging on --- changing my username, password and security number, I am still unable to access my a/c. The site simply refuses to accept my security numbers. The people at Tesco admit that they don't know how to resolve my problem. Even after using a temporary security code (from Tesco) and starting all over again, it still doesn't let me in. 

The only thing which causes me concern at my end is the clearing, or not, of my cache and cookies. When I go into settings and click on "clear cache", the page changes immediately --- no pause for thought, no buffering, nothing. This is making me wonder if the clearance action has actually been exercised.

Up until being locked out (again) I was able to gain access to their site using their app, and via their website on my mobile phone. The problem relates solely to my laptop. Incidentally, I have no problems accessing other financial sites, the issue is only with Tesco.

If anyone can suggest how I might resolve this problem, particularly with regard to my cache clearance (or not) I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

David.

33 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

If anyone can suggest how I might resolve this problem, particularly with regard to my cache clearance (or not) I would be very grateful.

Maybe try downloading a different browser - Brave or Firefox and see if that works. I had a Tesco account until recently and had no issues last time I used it with Brave

Also perhaps try with a vpn set to the UK - if you don't have one download Windscribe or Tunnel Bear free to try.

Finally flush your DNS cache (probably will make no difference but you never know) - open a command prompt (cmd) and type ipconfig /flushdns then close it.

20 hours ago, topt said:

Maybe try downloading a different browser - Brave or Firefox and see if that works. I had a Tesco account until recently and had no issues last time I used it with Brave

Also perhaps try with a vpn set to the UK - if you don't have one download Windscribe or Tunnel Bear free to try.

Finally flush your DNS cache (probably will make no difference but you never know) - open a command prompt (cmd) and type ipconfig /flushdns then close it.

topt,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Brave did the trick.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, 5davidhen1 said:

Hi folks.

I'm using windows 11 Edge browser on my laptop. 

After several phone calls to Tesco, and being taken through various methods of logging on --- changing my username, password and security number, I am still unable to access my a/c. The site simply refuses to accept my security numbers. The people at Tesco admit that they don't know how to resolve my problem. Even after using a temporary security code (from Tesco) and starting all over again, it still doesn't let me in. 

The only thing which causes me concern at my end is the clearing, or not, of my cache and cookies. When I go into settings and click on "clear cache", the page changes immediately --- no pause for thought, no buffering, nothing. This is making me wonder if the clearance action has actually been exercised.

Up until being locked out (again) I was able to gain access to their site using their app, and via their website on my mobile phone. The problem relates solely to my laptop. Incidentally, I have no problems accessing other financial sites, the issue is only with Tesco.

Thanks in advance.

David.

I can't access my Tesco account from my laptop here in Thailand unless using the VPN. I use Win 10 and Chrome browser. I can't think of any other sites where I have the same problem.

I don't have the app so don't know about that.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I can't access my Tesco account from my laptop here in Thailand unless using the VPN. I use Win 10 and Chrome browser. I can't think of any other sites where I have the same problem.

I don't have the app so don't know about that.

Please see my reply to TOPT above. I do have a UK mobile phone number for verification purposes.

5 hours ago, 5davidhen1 said:

Please see my reply to TOPT above. I do have a UK mobile phone number for verification purposes.

I don't know where phones come into it. I just got "permission denied" from the Tesco website.

I was just saying I had a problem with Chrome, which was resolved using a VPN.

Maybe I wouldn't need the the VPN if I used Brave, but not going to go there.

Good that you got a solution.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I don't know where phones come into it. I just got "permission denied" from the Tesco website.

I was just saying I had a problem with Chrome, which was resolved using a VPN.

Maybe I wouldn't need the the VPN if I used Brave, but not going to go there.

Good that you got a solution.

Re: phones.

Sometimes, financial institutions insist on sending a text/sms message containing a OTP (one-time passcode) in order for you to confirm your I.D. This commonly occurs when one changes something --- browser e.g., or after clearing your cache/cookies etc. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to receive such a code, you will almost certainly be "denied access."

22 hours ago, 5davidhen1 said:

Re: phones.

Sometimes, financial institutions insist on sending a text/sms message containing a OTP (one-time passcode) in order for you to confirm your I.D. This commonly occurs when one changes something --- browser e.g., or after clearing your cache/cookies etc. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to receive such a code, you will almost certainly be "denied access."

In order to get an OTP you have to be recognised by the website.

A "permission denied" message means you haven't been allowed anywhere near the website, often the result of a geographical block.