Trump Pushes New GOP Platform Softening Positions on Abortion and Same-Sex Marriage

So Trump's original plan to oppose abortion got a slimmed down version now. That will pissed of the Maga right leaning voters of faith. Now Maga is split even more. Bad move Trump. 

the question I ask myself when I see abortion stuff in print is....why are men telling females what they can do with their body?
As for the same sex marriage thing...who gives a rats @$$...I dont.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

"Your democracy" isn't under threat. Even if the US WAS a democracy, which it isn't.    I mean seriously, what do you think that Trump can de exactly to hurt the Republic? He already had 4 years in office, did nothing to alter the Constitution, and left office for Biden to be inaugurated. Where is the threat? 

There's the 'Project 2025' stuff going around. Even got themselves a recruiting website.

https://www.project2025.org/

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

"Your democracy" isn't under threat. Even if the US WAS a democracy, which it isn't.    I mean seriously, what do you think that Trump can de exactly to hurt the Republic? He already had 4 years in office, did nothing to alter the Constitution, and left office for Biden to be inaugurated. Where is the threat? 

Says the foreign influencers I lived through his abomination of an administration I remember we are still trying to excise the cancer that is trump in my opinion he is the greatest threat to our democracy since 1812 when the Brit’s burned Washington down.

14 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

More extremist right wing nonsense about the US not being a democracy. It's what's called a representative democracy. That is not inconsistent with the USA also being a republic.

Representative democracy (also called electoral democracy or indirect democracy) is a type of democracy where representatives are elected by the public.[1] Nearly all modern Western-style democracies function as some type of representative democracy: for example, the United Kingdom (a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy), Germany (a federal parliamentary republic), France (a unitary semi-presidential republic), and the United States (a federal presidential republic).[2] This is different from direct democracy, where the public votes directly on laws or policies, rather than representatives.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy

38 minutes ago, Tug said:

Says the foreign influencers I lived through his abomination of an administration I remember we are still trying to excise the cancer that is trump in my opinion he is the greatest threat to our democracy since 1812 when the Brit’s burned Washington down.

You couldnt justify your rhetoric with real articulable and undisputed facts if you tried.

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

So Trump's original plan to oppose abortion got a slimmed down version now. That will pissed of the Maga right leaning voters of faith. Now Maga is split even more. Bad move Trump. 

They know he's a liar. They don't care when he lies to others. Actually, they even don't care when he lies to them! 😅

20 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It's been planted by the dnc into his feeble mind... and he's sticking to it!

39 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It's been planted by the dnc into his feeble mind... and he's sticking to it!

Ahhh ok…….im supposed to believe a foreign guy that supports putin over nato and now you lol …….naaa 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Well one bright spot is the #s of folks googling project 2025 that’s encouraging folks that understand what these people are about won’t vote for them!

17 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well one bright spot is the #s of folks googling project 2025 that’s encouraging folks that understand what these people are about won’t vote for them!

Please tell us all what you know about Project 2025, and how it is tied to Trump. We would love to hear your analysis.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Please tell us all what you know about Project 2025, and how it is tied to Trump. We would love to hear your analysis.

Well for starters it’s written by trumps ex cabinet members and confidants it’s all about stripping rights it wants to kill Medicare it wants to severely restrict social security it wants to hinder voting it wants to weaponize the DOJ make abortion illegal federally it’s a maggot fever dream folks are learning about it and the guy you support is desperately trying to distance himself from it just another reason not to vote for trump

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:
1 hour ago, Tug said:

No. You go first.

Please tell us what you know about Project 2025, and how it is NOT tied to the next (presumptive) conservative administration and (presumptive) president. We would love to hear your (non-presumptive) interpretation.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Well for starters it’s written by trumps ex cabinet members and confidants it’s all about stripping rights it wants to kill Medicare it wants to severely restrict social security it wants to hinder voting it wants to weaponize the DOJ make abortion illegal federally it’s a maggot fever dream folks are learning about it and the guy you support is desperately trying to distance himself from it just another reason not to vote for trump

Which of those are actually "rights", which are not, and which are actually so threatened? 

Like Trump, I did not write it. From my brief look at the general principles, some are good and some are silly. The abortion one in particular- did you not hear Trump's answer at the debate? He has no interest in the federal government being involved at all. 

I guess the Democrats are trying to make it the "Russia Russia Russia" talking point for this campaign.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, Tug said:

Ahhhh the Russians want trump …….and naa I’m just an American citizen concerned for our democracy

exactly what a bot would say. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Which of those are actually "rights", which are not, and which are actually so threatened? 

Like Trump, I did not write it. From my brief look at the general principles, some are good and some are silly. The abortion one in particular- did you not hear Trump's answer at the debate? He has no interest in the federal government being involved at all. 

I guess the Democrats are trying to make it the "Russia Russia Russia" talking point for this campaign.

It doesn’t matter to you you are a foreigner who backs trump and Putin’s criminal war.as far as anything trump says is meaningless it’s just a sound he made he will do whatever he pleases if he gets back in.the Russians Chinese N Koreans and Iranians are all actively trying to influence our election this is known.

25 minutes ago, Tug said:

It doesn’t matter to you you are a foreigner who backs trump and Putin’s criminal war.as far as anything trump says is meaningless it’s just a sound he made he will do whatever he pleases if he gets back in.the Russians Chinese N Koreans and Iranians are all actively trying to influence our election this is known.

Nice try.  I don't back Trump, I would back whoever the GOP nominee was. Personally I would have preferred someone else, but you can't always get what you want.  Not backing Putin or his war either. Just want it to end, and therefore end the possibility of it escalating into a global conflict. Is that really so hard to understand, or has the T.D.S. gotten such a hold of you that logic and reason make no impact?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Nice try.  I don't back Trump, I would back whoever the GOP nominee was. Personally I would have preferred someone else, but you can't always get what you want.  Not backing Putin or his war either. Just want it to end, and therefore end the possibility of it escalating into a global conflict. Is that really so hard to understand, or has the T.D.S. gotten such a hold of you that logic and reason make no impact?

Oh boy here’s a porky you do back trump heart and soul I don’t think you are fooling anyone.l have yet to hear you condemn putins criminal war of theft but I do hear you condemn nato and advocate for Ukraine to surrender and be exterminated.you translate an Americans defense of standing up for American ideals as <removed> nope you are mistaken.this thread is about trumps plans for destroying our democracy as you do your best to lull others into complacency ain’t buying it for one second.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Oh boy here’s a porky you do back trump heart and soul I don’t think you are fooling anyone.l have yet to hear you condemn putins criminal war of theft but I do hear you condemn nato and advocate for Ukraine to surrender and be exterminated.you translate an Americans defense of standing up for American ideals as <removed> nope you are mistaken.this thread is about trumps plans for destroying our democracy as you do your best to lull others into complacency ain’t buying it for one second.

This particular discussion is not about Putin, so let's leave that aside for a moment. I do condemn NATO and have for many years for becoming a toothless, paper tiger. As for Trump, if you look back in my posting you will see that I preferred other candidates when the GOP primaries were happening.I was a Chris Christie backer, then Doug Burgum. But don't let the facts get in the way of your feelings. 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, thaipo7 said:

Does anyone think your comments mean anything?  Don't be conned?  Coming from a Leftist who believes the biggest lying bunch of people in and out of the WH.  Give us a break.   You for real?  Your gas lighting right??

What is your opinion of Project 2025?

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Trump picked the 3 SC justices who overturned Roe, and he claims credit for it.

30 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump picked the 3 SC justices who overturned Roe, and he claims credit for it.

Yeah, and good thing too. It was returned to the states to deal with individually. Trump has repeatedly said that he does not favour a federal ban on abortion. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you dispute that the Russians want Trump to win?

absolutely.

when comparing biden to trump solely on strength and presence. biden is seen as a completely useless weak leader worldwide. 

don the convicted felon is not. 

facts.

please don't bother going down your blue maga rabbit hole about trump this and trump that theories. 

ps...are you ever going to lay off the attempts at gotcha questions. most have grown bored with it and since the oopsie many of your talking points were exposed as bs.

do you dispute that you defended bidens mental state for the past year or so on here ? 

Edited by stoner
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

absolutely.

when comparing biden to trump solely on strength and presence. biden is seen as a completely useless weak leader worldwide. 

don the convicted felon is not. 

facts.

please don't bother going down your blue maga rabbit hole about trump this and trump that theories. 

ps...are you ever going to lay off the attempts at gotcha questions. most have grown bored with it and since the oopsie many of your talking points were exposed as bs.

do you dispute that you defended bidens mental state for the past year or so on here ? 

Biden has good days and bad days.

Trump has only bad days. If he had a schedule like Biden's, you would see his decline. But Trump hides at Mar-A-Lago. Sad, really.

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, and good thing too. It was returned to the states to deal with individually. Trump has repeatedly said that he does not favour a federal ban on abortion. 

You must really hate women.

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden has good days and bad days.

Trump has only bad days. If he had a schedule like Biden's, you would see his decline. But Trump hides at Mar-A-Lago. Sad, really.

you didn't answer my question. blue maga fanatic. straight to what about trump. like always. keep supporting the villain.  

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You must really hate women.

Nice dodge.  You didn't like an accurate answer, so you decided to go straight to ad hom remarks.  What is wrong with states deciding their own laws?