WISE Transfer Didn't Come Today at 2:05 as Usual

On 7/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, racyrick said:

Follow up-WISE said they sent money to the bank at 2:05 but the bank can take up to 2 days to put into my account.

This never happened in over 6 years I've been using WISE.

Is this a new change? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks

My last transfer arrived around 5pm, instead of usual  1pm.

No change to wise transfer times here.

Sent <$1000 Friday evening ~9:00, closed for weekend, received email from Wise Monday evening ~8:30, logged in, sent baht as monthly expenses, received into Bangkok Bank account within seconds.

Edited by NoDisplayName

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

These WISE threads always amuse me. Are WISE users really that desperate for their funds to arrive within seconds? Will they starve a few minutes later? :whistling:

It was Wise that initiated the ‘within seconds’ transfers. People got used to it.

However, when unexpected delays occur, e.g. days instead of quick, people get concerned. Wise is not a bank. Sometimes Wise explains why there are delays but recently they’ve not.

People aren’t desperate, they just want to know what’s going on and that their money is safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting worse.

I stopped transferring larger amounts because I noticed that they take slower to arrive (if over 1000cad).

Today I initiated a transfer of 1000cad and it said it would show within seconds. Final screen I get the message.....sorry, you will get your money august 3rd.

I stopped the transfer and will from now on use credit card for everything 

Edited by Celsius

On 7/15/2024 at 8:47 PM, NoDisplayName said:

No change to wise transfer times here.

Sent <$1000 Friday evening ~9:00, closed for weekend, received email from Wise Monday evening ~8:30, logged in, sent baht as monthly expenses, received into Bangkok Bank account within seconds.

FYI, I previously used to send as ( visa long term stay)? and a $ 1500 transfer took half an hour. Since I changed it to reason (monthly expenses) it took less than a minute the last 2 times. 

Follow up-WISE said they sent money to the bank at 2:05 but the bank can take up to 2 days to put into my account.

Is this a new change? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks

Ít is amazing how long banks take to credit you. They spend a fortune on computer networks yet it takes forever to make a transfer.

44 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Ít is amazing how long banks take to credit you. They spend a fortune on computer networks yet it takes forever to make a transfer.

When I first used Wise my Australian bank had "processing times" transactions prior to midday would be processed at 6pm,transactions later than midday 10am following business day.

Now my Wise transactions are completed inside of 1 minute from my AU bank to Kasikorn bank,I think OP's problem is Bangkok bank, obviously they have "processing times" thus the delays

21 hours ago, norbra said:

When I first used Wise my Australian bank had "processing times" transactions prior to midday would be processed at 6pm,transactions later than midday 10am following business day.

Now my Wise transactions are completed inside of 1 minute from my AU bank to Kasikorn bank,I think OP's problem is Bangkok bank, obviously they have "processing times" thus the delays

It isn't WISE that is the problem, it is the banks. Buy technology then do everything by hand. In a strange way it may make sense

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

It isn't WISE that is the problem, it is the banks. Buy technology then do everything by hand. In a strange way it may make sense

Agreed,BBL still shutdown for daily backups

1 minute ago, norbra said:

Agreed,BBL still shutdown for daily backups

Whilst all the technology exists banks still live in the stone age. I remember in the UK wanting clearance of a cheque. The bank wanted 7 days to clear it but for a small fee they would phone up and get immediate clearance. You can give banks all the latest in technology but unfortunately the people like in the stone age.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:27 PM, OJAS said:

I was also told this when I did a transfer last week. Looks like Wise are now, for some mysterious reason, delaying THB transfers to BKKB until a few minutes after BKKB's daily 14:00 account crediting routine. However my transfer was duly credited to my account at 14:01 the following day, so I'm sure that yours will likewise be duly credited to your account around 14:00 tomorrow (Wednesday).

I subsequently initiated a token transfer to check whether my latest experience was a one-off, but it would appear that it is not. However an extra 24-hour wait for a Wise transfer to be completed is really no big deal for me personally.

Looks like whatever problems there might have been at the Wise and/or Bangkok Bank end in connection with these 2 transfers have now been sorted out. My latest transfer was duly credited to my Bangkok Bank account at 14:01 yesterday without a 24-hour delay.

Edited by OJAS

I just had this happen - I stopped the transaction. Tried to set it up again today and same thing. Sent a couple emails asking about this and yep same thing, with them saying 2 to 4 days and the last transaction would take 6 days, 5 now. Like what?????

First time in 2 years or more.

And ....

'Thanks for getting back to us.

I understand that your payments use to go faster, however, the process has changed due to Direct Debits running on the three-day systematic cycle and so take at least three days to clear.

The 4th working day is when we should receive the money and transfer it to the recipient.

When our system communicates with your bank, it checks to make sure the balance covers the total amount of Direct Debit transfers we’ve requested in the last 4 business days.'

😀

14 hours ago, Dcheech said:

And ....

'Thanks for getting back to us.

I understand that your payments use to go faster, however, the process has changed due to Direct Debits running on the three-day systematic cycle and so take at least three days to clear.

The 4th working day is when we should receive the money and transfer it to the recipient.

When our system communicates with your bank, it checks to make sure the balance covers the total amount of Direct Debit transfers we’ve requested in the last 4 business days.'

😀

So, if the length of time which it now takes for your Direct Debit transfers to be processed is such a major catastrophic problem for you, why don't you try intiating future transfers directly from your home country bank account instead?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2024 at 10:44 AM, Celsius said:

Getting worse.

I stopped transferring larger amounts because I noticed that they take slower to arrive (if over 1000cad).

Today I initiated a transfer of 1000cad and it said it would show within seconds. Final screen I get the message.....sorry, you will get your money august 3rd.

I stopped the transfer and will from now on use credit card for everything 

I send about 1000 usd weekly and i have not noticed this, Nor have i noticed the using funds for long term stay as a transfer reason has any negative effect whatsoever. I essential rotate the reasons, medical, rent. living expenses etc on little more than a whim