Police arrest Russian gang leader for sale of counterfeit passports

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai immigration officials apprehended the leader of a Russian gang involved in the production and distribution of counterfeit passports

What? Those criminal Russians in Thailand hitting the news headlines almost every day.

Enough is enough. Please change the visa rules.

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

This was Phipats dream of revitalising tourism post Covid with the Phuket sandbox scheme...

Now he's the labour minister doing nothing.

Not sure if that was promotion or demotion, but it certainly brought him down to earth.

Now Thailand has to dealwith the implications of having so many Russians taking root.

That, and the real implication of selecting men from the absolute bottom of the barrel, who have no skill, modest intelligence, no vision and no interest in the well being of the nation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The police were taking no chances with this dude. The cop on the left has his gun drawn and cocked.

And the Russian dude's surprisingly relaxed body language tends to suggest this isn't the first time he's had a gun pointed at him at very close range. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

maybe they should consider a deep interpol / police check for russian long stay gangsters

I would advocate that kind of screening for any Russian national visiting Thailand. They deserve special scrutiny. Their homeland is a cesspool of crime. Much of it highly organized. 

Russians tell me 90% of their people earning over $70,000 a year, are involved in crime. That is likely the threshold which one needs, for extended international travel. So, who is coming here from Russia? Mostly criminals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I now wonder how many came through Thai Immigration on false US passports and were not noticed....

I wonder how many came through Thai Immigrations on the passports of the 14 other countries sold to crims by the Russian mob.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Payments were made via digital currency accounts, and a company was established in Thailand to add credibility to their operations.

Right. Having the company established in Thailand added credibility to their operations. Ha.

I don't understand the word victim in this story I've never met anyone who woke up and thought oh I will buy a new passport online!! Oh and payment by crypto yes yes all sounds above board to me .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Either ASEAN Now declines to publish stories on the bad deeds of other nationalities, or an extremely high percentage of Russians are really bad people, relative to everyone else.

It's called confirmation bias 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

You'll see, the same blond lady as yesterday as translater, it must be a russin.

she is well-known volunteer Natasha*, who is somehow very close to super intendant in Pattaya. Her activity is to seek and report on Russians in Thailand on social networks. No she doesn't speak Thai, but she's good in sake-sake.

Heard about her from nice man at IFCCT, BKK.

*** likely not Natasha. They all called "Natasha"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Amateur.
Why go to the Dominican republik to make fake passports when anybody can buy them on Khaosan Rd.

Ever since, yes! back in 90-s they were available at very reasonable prices, sometimes had to wait for certain passport, but off-shelf was not a problem at all. 

Thinking ahead with their Ed visas. Apparently with a new passport you can stay another three years on  an Ed visa.

4 hours ago, john donson said:

maybe they should consider a deep interpol / police check for russian long stay gangsters

russian long stay gangster - thought that was one of the BOI long stay visa classes for a second.

10 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Ever since, yes! back in 90-s they were available at very reasonable prices, sometimes had to wait for certain passport, but off-shelf was not a problem at all. 

The main thing was not to cross a border with them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

The main thing was not to cross a border with them.

yes, certain borders. the rule was - don't go to Europe, Singapore, Japan and almost the rest of the world. but to do land visa runs to [say] Laos or Cambodia was OK. Later that "window" was also closed.

I think since 99 you didn't have a chance to cross a border with such document. 

Back than I knew one lucky guy with Belgium Diplomatic passport. complete immunity at discos and bars. 

29 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

yes, certain borders. the rule was - don't go to Europe, Singapore, Japan and almost the rest of the world. but to do land visa runs to [say] Laos or Cambodia was OK. Later that "window" was also closed.

I think since 99 you didn't have a chance to cross a border with such document. 

Back than I knew one lucky guy with Belgium Diplomatic passport. complete immunity at discos and bars. 

Could function indefinitely within Thailand with one - fake visa stamps. Good for Banks, passing muster at police stops etc only Imm can check the Imm database. Land borders weren't computerised in '95 but maybe a card was sent to BKK for data entry.

Edited by mokwit

6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

This is what happens when you hand out visa’s by the 1,000s to unscrupulous people

Thailand might live to regret this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

Could function indefinitely within Thailand with one - fake visa stamps. Good for Banks, passing muster at police stops etc only Imm can check the Imm database.

yes, worked miracles even for "working girls" from Central Asian "democracies". 

Many poor backpackers were excited to sell their passports for reasonable price at KS Road, so that biz was booming. Back than, I mean, but I think it is still fine and kicking. 

If there is a market for illegal passports and visa documents I'm sure the police must have the capability to set up a similar operation 🙄

Anyone requiring such documents are obviously up to no good I'm sure they could get even bigger headlines than 180 day overstay 

9 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

It will have no effect on the criminal organization, they will find more people to do their dirty work. You can't prosecute the mafia.

Really???? Try telling that to the thousands of mafia in jail. 🤷🏼

9 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The police were taking no chances with this dude. The cop on the left has his gun drawn and cocked.

sigh. had you simply pointed out the gun as drawn, I would have been impressed. because ei didn't notice that.

Claiming you can tell its cocked? why would you feel the need to add that unsupported embellishment, holmes?   

• Confused 1

this is their site: passpart(dot)pro. 

the dude was on the contact-us mission. just a manager, like girl on the phone at the legal company. 

they caught smallest and useless fish. sardine

47 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

this is their site: passpart(dot)pro. 

the dude was on the contact-us mission. just a manager, like girl on the phone at the legal company. 

they caught smallest and useless fish. sardine

Hey, not a minnow. He was the victim communication manager, aka customer services manager. Brilliant rebranding.

Edited by bradiston