NBC’s Lester Holt to Interview President Biden Amid Political Turmoil

Social Media

image.png.993c221723fbe2d85c212d2e8e861fc4.png

President Joe Biden is set to participate in an exclusive interview with NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt, which will be taped in Austin, Texas, and aired in its entirety on NBC's streaming service at 9 p.m. ET next Monday. Portions of the interview will also be broadcast on NBC Nightly News at 6:30 p.m. ET the same evening, with the network planning to post a full transcript online. This interview is particularly significant as it follows Biden's controversial performance at CNN’s presidential debate last month, an event that has caused considerable upheaval within the Democratic Party and led to calls for Biden to reconsider his candidacy.

Biden's debate performance was widely criticized, prompting a crisis within his party and sparking discussions about his ability to continue as the Democratic nominee. In an effort to address these concerns, Biden recently sat down with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos for a 22-minute interview that drew over 8 million viewers. This upcoming interview with Holt will be Biden’s sixth sit-down with a news network in 2024, a notable statistic given that he has conducted fewer television interviews than any president since Ronald Reagan. This information comes from Professor Martha Joynt Kumar, a presidential scholar who tracks press interactions.

The interview with Holt is highly anticipated as it provides Biden with a crucial platform to address the issues and controversies that have surrounded his campaign in recent weeks. NBC has not yet disclosed the expected duration of the interview, leaving the public curious about how comprehensive the conversation will be. Political analysts and the general public are eager to see how Biden will navigate this important media appearance and whether it will influence the ongoing discourse within the Democratic Party and the broader political landscape.

Biden’s participation in this interview is seen as a critical opportunity for him to articulate his vision and respond to the challenges facing his campaign. The stakes are high, and the interview is expected to be a defining moment in his bid for re-election. With the political climate becoming increasingly volatile, the outcome of this interview could have significant implications for Biden's campaign and the future of the Democratic Party. As the date approaches, all eyes will be on Austin, Texas, to see how President Biden addresses the pressing issues and concerns that have been raised by both his supporters and critics.

Credit: CNN 2024-07-12

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

The interview with Holt is highly anticipated as it provides Biden with a crucial platform to address the issues and controversies that have surrounded his campaign in recent weeks. NBC has not yet disclosed the expected duration of the interview, leaving the public curious about how comprehensive the conversation will be. Political analysts and the general public are eager to see how Biden will navigate this important media appearance and whether it will influence the ongoing discourse within the Democratic Party and the broader political landscape.

They will be a list of questions sent out so Biden can be prepared to make a good show. This is all a hype to show Biden in a good light. He may even have a teleprompter. We will never know.  

The president can keep doing these interviews but I doubt they will help.  I think the damage is just too great to be overcome.  And, I say this as a life-long Democrat, who hoped earlier in the year to vote for Biden's re-election in November.  Ever since the debate, every time he announces a new public appearance, I cringe.  What will he do this time?  You don't want to be cringing when your president announces a public appearance.  I think Biden has been a good president but it's time he steps aside.   Of course, should he remain the nominee I will vote for him.   Better sometimes tongue-tied and gaffe-prone Biden to stark raving mad Trump.

• Thanks 1

As long as the interviews are scripted and with very friendly 'journalists', they will probablly backfire.  Twenty minutes of gentle prodding from former Clinton operative Stephanopoulis did nothing for Biden. 

Pelosi -- it's time!

The longer he keeps up these cockamamie shenanigans the less chance he has to end his one and only term with dignity. It's a crying shame but for the good of the party and the country, Joe must go. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Pelosi -- it's time!

The longer he keeps up these cockamamie shenanigans the less chance he has to end his one and only term with dignity. It's a crying shame but for the good of the party and the country, Joe must go. 

Obama,  Clinton, and Pelosi are trying to pry him out. Joe has gone rogue. If he doesn't have his shot i don't think he cares if the house burns down. Cockamamie shenanigans and malarkey aside. He was whispering like a raving lunatic about how nobody would change their delegates during the conventions or turn on him. 

i say give his new approach a chance.

Edited by Cryingdick

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

As long as the interviews are scripted and with very friendly 'journalists', they will probablly backfire.  Twenty minutes of gentle prodding from former Clinton operative Stephanopoulis did nothing for Biden. 

You have watched the faux fake news interviews of the felon haven’t you?more like marshmallows hand fed to the felon and they even try to lead him away when he starts getting to rasist last nights presser demonstrated his death of knowledge on the subject matter.but perhaps to some the felons quipping that in 2 minutes he knew enough about nato……I’d love to see trump interviewed on let’s say ……the Rachel Maddow show……

1 hour ago, Tug said:

You have watched the faux fake news interviews of the felon haven’t you?more like marshmallows hand fed to the felon and they even try to lead him away when he starts getting to rasist last nights presser demonstrated his death of knowledge on the subject matter.but perhaps to some the felons quipping that in 2 minutes he knew enough about nato……I’d love to see trump interviewed on let’s say ……the Rachel Maddow show……

Trump has done unscripted interviews with hostile media figures in the past. You might not know that because back in the day that was considered normal not extraordinary.

26 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump has done unscripted interviews with hostile media figures in the past. You might not know that because back in the day that was considered normal not extraordinary.

Who could possibly forget?his insulting rasist and misogynistic put downs when someone asked a question he didn’t like +all of the outright lying sure I remember well