Biden's News Conference: A Mix of Defiance and Missteps

Social Media

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Twitter's blocked here.  Can someone confirm (or deny) this quote and then unpack it?

From NY Times:

After initially reading from a teleprompter then repeating his vow to stay in the race, Mr. Biden tried to defuse some questions about his age and fitness for office, but at one point fumbled a question about Vice President Kamala Harris, saying that he “wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president” if he didn’t have confidence in her. That came shortly after he introduced President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine as “President Putin” at a NATO meeting

Personally, whatever coherency was exhibited today, this is a 4-year job starting JAN 2025.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

“wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president” if he didn’t have confidence in her.

Interesting placement of the quotation marks...  Do you have the exact quote?  NYT is known for carrying Biden's water.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

Interesting placement of the quotation marks...  Do you have the exact quote?  NYT is known for carrying Biden's water.

Well it's a little early for a transcript but this from the NY Times:

THE EDITORIAL BOARD

To Serve His Country, President Biden Should Leave the Race
June 28, 2024

20 minutes ago, Tug said:

Funny I watched it live dident see Jean for one second

this is an outright lie. she was clearly visible at the start of the press conference in the front row. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Amazing that this is called a press conference. I don't remember other presidents getting a list of pre-selected reporters to call. From my memory, a press conference is a free-for-all, with reporters shouting questions over each other, asking follow-up questions, and so on. This was staged and rehearsed. And still the President could not handle it.  

Well, he handled it just well enough to stave off a full Democratic coup.

And THAT'S where we're at - how bad did the Dem candidate screw up THIS time?

These are easily the two worst candidates in US history. Just sad to the core.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Here's the video. Watch it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfV9OpGaja8

Thanks for that, and I apologize for being rude and getting off on the wrong foot.  But YouTube is blocked here, so I found the Fox News version...

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6357664139112

My quote comes from an "unapproved source":  “I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be Vice President if I didn’t think she was not qualified to be president,”   Looks like that may (or may not) have been accurate, the ambiguity being rather disturbing.

He mumbled enough that I'm sure the official White House transcript will be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thanks for that, and I apologize for being rude and getting off on the wrong foot.  But YouTube is blocked here, so I found the Fox News version...

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6357664139112

My quote comes from an "unapproved source":  “I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be Vice President if I didn’t think she was not qualified to be president,”   Looks like that may (or may not) have been accurate, the ambiguity being rather disturbing.

He mumbled enough that I'm sure the official White House transcript will be interesting. 

Yup he slipped twice did you listen to the rest of it?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thanks for that, and I apologize for being rude and getting off on the wrong foot.  But YouTube is blocked here, so I found the Fox News version..

OK. I thought YouTube is blocked in China if that's where you are. If you really got stuck I was going to offer to make an mp3 of the Presser which you could download from here or PM.

Transcripts are always subject to opinion when dealing with a mumbler -- the NY Times and the White House are still venting on "goodest" vs. "good as" which is still jumbled anyway.

• Like 1

what a complete and utter shambles that was.

I can't quite believe how bad it actually was..

How the hell is he the leader of the so called free world?

Jesus wept.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1