EVA air flight check in

Hi all, I’ve been looking at flying to the Uk using EVA air, when you go through the booking process you are offered seat upgrades, does anyone know if these upgrades are offered when you check in online and are they cheaper? I’ve never flown with EVA but I’m fed up of paying Thai airways prices

Sounds like you should be prepared to pay an additional fee prior to boarding. Some people take too much advantage of the carry on allowance and inconvience other passengers. 

Good luck on EVA.  Thai's prices are currently far too high, but I flew with EVA Air BKK-LHR only once.  At check in in Bangkok they wanted to put me on a different flight via Hong Kong because they had overbooked and upon landing at LHR, as they gave the normal "welcome to London where the time is now....." announcement, the other passengers were apparently so impressed that the Pilot had actually landed at the correct airport that they all applauded!  I have used Thai ever since.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 12:18 PM, essex boys said:

Hi all, I’ve been looking at flying to the Uk using EVA air, when you go through the booking process you are offered seat upgrades, does anyone know if these upgrades are offered when you check in online and are they cheaper? I’ve never flown with EVA but I’m fed up of paying Thai airways prices

Hi Essex Boys,

I’m sure you will find EVA Air an excellent, affordable airline and their Premier Economy is very comfortable. It’s a far-superior experience to Thai Airways. They are based in Taiwan and so I often used them to fly direct to BKK as it is an ideal stopover in their journey to Taoyuan Airport in Taiwan.

I would advise downloading their app and looking at all the possibilities. It’s been recently updated and you will find it useful. I don’t know if they have an STN-BKK schedule - I used to fly from MAN-BKK but the app will enlighten you.

Good Luck

Martin (my daughter lives in Clacton) 🙏🏻

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

They don't fly from STN or MAN.

Dead right.

They don’t fly from Stansted and passengers from Manchester have to fly an alternative  airline to get to London Heathrow, then board an EVA flight to BKK.

• Thumbs Up 1

EVA is still my airline of choice even though they are far more, umm, business minded (mercenary) than they were a few years ago. At that time one could upgrade to Economy Plus for a small difference. Now it's a big difference. Can you save upgrading at check-in? Let us know. For me, flying out of Chicago, they usually have the best price and the best schedule too. The staff is still professionally friendly and the food at times is actually good. Just be glad you don't have to fly a US airlines.  

• Like 1

My GF is flying from Bangkok to London next month. For this trip I booked her in EVA (R/T was 35,500 THB) as THAI was a lot more at over 50,000 THB.

However, whilst THAI allow seat selection on purchase for free (not exit row seats though), EVA want 2,025 EACH-WAY just to select a Standard seat in advance - that's not a preferred or extra leg room seat! 

This will be her first time with EVA, so will be interesting to hear what she says how they compare againt THAI and Singapore Airlines.

image.thumb.png.69b819322ed7fc13322986668d8abb85.png

EVA sells tickets at a very competitive price.  If flying economy class and don't mind sitting wherever they seat you then there is no extra charge. But if you absolutely have to sit in a preferred seat, then it's best to pay a little extra for that. In the end EVA tickets are probably still a good buy. I flew last year on EVA no problems.

RI use Eva exclusively.  It is all about timing within going into a long long delails as to what they do with their prices.  Of course it depends prices is how many seats are sold at the time one looks before their trip. 

This is pretty much the same with most airlines Ive found Expedia not much cheaper.

Seat selection prices have gone up seats from Taipei to West coast use to be 900 baht now over 2000 baht, Exit rows are even more seats are given believe 24 hours or first come first serve at gate they are free.

On 7/13/2024 at 9:48 AM, Keeps said:

You can ask at the airport - either check-in or baggage drop. I have even seen people upgrade on the plane using credit card/swipe machine.

Last year i figured it would be worth a shot to ask the ticket desk what an upgrade would cost. This was about 60 minutes before boardig on the connecting flight and after having received several emails in the prior weeks mentioning upgrade costs of 500 euros which increased the closer we came to the flight.

At te desk they indicated that of the 40 business class spots there were still 30 available, but the price was now about triple what they emailed me earlier.

Basic rule of thumb: costs of upgrade go in lockstep with the ticket prices and the shorter before your flight the more expensive it becomes. There is no last second buying of business class seats for bargain prices; they rather fly them empty then sell them to you for a discount (to preserve the optics of value).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well a good mixed bag of answers there, we are flying bkk to lhr and at the moment I can fly premium economy on outbound and inbound flights and the price is 121,000 baht total for both of us , I would fly Thai airways as I have done many times before but they don’t do premium economy on that journey and business class will bankrupt me 😀, I will look and see if it works out cheap enough if I book one way only and then while in the uk book one way business class…I will just go through their app as suggested and mess around with variations and see what I come up with

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, essex boys said:

Well a good mixed bag of answers there, we are flying bkk to lhr and at the moment I can fly premium economy on outbound and inbound flights and the price is 121,000 baht total for both of us , I would fly Thai airways as I have done many times before but they don’t do premium economy on that journey and business class will bankrupt me 😀, I will look and see if it works out cheap enough if I book one way only and then while in the uk book one way business class…I will just go through their app as suggested and mess around with variations and see what I come up with

Safe journey and enjoy your trip 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

One more thing to add, whether it's of use or not. My mate has started flying with Eva from Schipol, Amsterdam to BKK. He flys premium economy/elite both ways. He has just booked a round trip AMS-BKK-AMS for £890. That's over £500 cheaper than the same flight from the UK.

Obviously there are additional costs involved flying from UK to Amsterdam but it's still a big saving (especially for 2 people). Only real downsides are their schedule is 3 days a week and he spends a night in Amsterdam on the return leg (which some may view as a bonus but probably not applicable to you as you will be heading back to BKK)) due to the arrival time of the flight.

• Thanks 1