For those of you who have lived here for years?

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Im still able to work and want to work, so not reached that age yet, even I know that is not age related 😄

I think I never will stop doing something, if I just can get up in the morning, I hope I will die with my boots on

I did not really want to retire when I did, I like my job quite a lot and thought I would miss it terribly, but after a month or two it was great. Miss some of the people, and some of the perks, but overall, I think I should have done it five years sooner. 

Still do a bit of consulting now and then, but noting I can't do without. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did not really want to retire when I did, I like my job quite a lot and thought I would miss it terribly, but after a month or two it was great. Miss some of the people, and some of the perks, but overall, I think I should have done it five years sooner. 

Still do a bit of consulting now and then, but noting I can't do without. 

I pretty much had the freedom to do what I wanted all my life, and carry no negativity against working. Now tried semi retirement, but still feel restless even in paradise and feel the need to do something while I still can. That might change the older I get. Still not even close to retirement age. 

Some of my friends at same age, do not understand me, but they are more or less tied up and have less choices 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I pretty much had the freedom to do what I wanted all my life, and carry no negativity against working. Now tried semi retirement, but still feel restless even in paradise and feel the need to do something while I still can. That might change the older I get. Still not even close to retirement age. 

Some of my friends at same age, do not understand me, but they are more or less tied up and have less choices 

I worked pretty much since I was a kid shining shoes and cutting grass. Liked every job I had except for a few months back in the '70s when I worked at a laundry in Las Vegas. and that would not have been too bad except for the heat. Five gals to every guy...

I loved the job in Thailand, was supposed to be here 3-6 months for a start-up, and it turned in to twenty years. 

• Thumbs Up 1