Tell us about the idols of your pre adolescent self

8 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

I have no doubt you have been called worse. 

You make yourself, look more silly each post.

Still nothing to say with even a hint of imagination,

10 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Still nothing to say with even a hint of imagination,

Like I said,  you look more silly each and every post.

Most fools,  would just leave the thread .

But then some people are just special. :coffee1:

44 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Like I said,  you look more silly each and every post.

Most fools,  would just leave the thread .

But then some people are just special. :coffee1:

I've been having a bit of fun with Jingthings silly threads on here for about 18 years, this is about nostalgia.

You, and your small intellect decided to start personal insults with a tired agism comment. You're now so stuck in a groove you don't even realize people have different versions of fun.

For instance, bets are often placed on people like you who, use age as an insult, as to which club you will eventually join, the Old Farts or the Darwin. Either way you will be the "silly" one.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've been having a bit of fun with Jingthings silly threads on here for about 18 years, this is about nostalgia.

You, and your small intellect decided to start personal insults with a tired agism comment. You're now so stuck in a groove you don't even realize people have different versions of fun.

For instance, bets are often placed on people like you who, use age as an insult, as to which club you will eventually join, the Old Farts or the Darwin. Either way you will be the "silly" one.

Oh dear plonker alert. yes you.

So you were trolling, trying to derail the thread.

Surprised they have let you get away with that,  then.

Edited by rocketboy2

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A poster wants to know who the old expats of Thailand idolized (or lusted after) in their preadolescence (childhood).

A pubescent Kim Darby.  I forgot about her.  I really did have quite a boy-crush on her back in the late 50s / early 60s.  She was about 4 years older than me so I found her budding breasts to be rather interesting when I was around 8 or 9 or 10ish, sorta before I was really aware why I found them so interesting.  And I thought she was pretty cute too. 

Kim_Darby_1974-1431732231.JPG.eb8f4917e5cd5279d996921342e111fa.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Is this what this forum has become?

A poster wants to know who the old expats of Thailand idolized (or lusted after) in their preadolescence (childhood).

linda carter & joan jett  maybe

• Thumbs Up 1

I was born in 1955. I could not get the hots for Barbara Eden/Dream of Jeannie  like my brothers but the girls listed below were always on my radar .....Elizabeth Montgomery x2 , Joey Heatherton, Diana Ewing, Juliet Prowse , DIANA RIGG in THE AVENGERS, 1961  and Jane Fonda of Cat Ballou, Barbarella and Klute fame.

ElizabethMontgomerybed.webp.0e7425de4bf8cc0713fac35e189bb5f3.webpelizabethmontgomerydance.thumb.webp.98add13e9002b95c12f547f01efebd88.webp

joey-heatherton-circa-1967-.thumb.jpg.6118a454c9880a09b3abe8c67ae50069.jpg

DianaEwing.jpg.a9ac6347b54ee38071b31fcca69a76ed.jpgjulietprowse.jpg.670bc6d27a6e4b1dfd5c12442a50dd11.jpgDIANARIGGinTHEAVENGERS1961.jpg.7a6aebbc4a926a01443c85e69a35aa2b.jpgJane-fonda-in-barbarella.jpg.de94e411d244ce97bd5582285d95b74a.jpgjane-fonda-in-cat-ballou-1965.jpg.3ef957fe3fa6296c071b13b408c28a20.jpg

• Like 1

I can’t believe Lee Brilleaux is still dead.

After thirty years of saying that, I have to admit it’s not true.  I can now believe what I could not believe in my youth.

I’ve never seen anyone smoke a cigarette so quickly.  I suppose it’s scarce wonder he was late so soon.

On 7/14/2024 at 5:20 AM, Jingthing said:

Golda Meir

045334eb2826ac2405bc9cf9a08345a9.jpg

She could have been even GREATER if....

As a teacher, and also as a role model....

She had not smoked tobacco products.

• Haha 1

Blackmore (The Rainbow), Page (LZ), Gilmore (PF), Clapton (the Cream), Iommi (Black Sabbath)

and later Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) 

My son looks at me listening those ^^^^ with a strange grimimage.jpeg.2acaecff722a8a0272ceafcd049c3b3a.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2024 at 11:38 AM, MalcolmB said:

Oh, I didn’t realise they were gay

I didn't suggest that they were, how have you arrived at that conclusion?

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

I can’t believe Lee Brilleaux is still dead.

After thirty years of saying that, I have to admit it’s not true.  I can now believe what I could not believe in my youth.

I’ve never seen anyone smoke a cigarette so quickly.  I suppose it’s scarce wonder he was late so soon.

Wilco johnson sadly also  left us now

• Agree 1

On 7/16/2024 at 3:39 PM, rickudon said:

Jenny Agutter in Walkabout

Stretching the definition of "idol"    just another fantasy in the <deleted> bank in reality 

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Stretching the definition of "idol"    just another fantasy in the <deleted> bank in reality 

What should an idol be?

My parents generation adored Elvis for his healthy lifestyle and good intentions as well moral. Well, we all know how they went

22 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Wilco johnson sadly also  left us now

I doubt that this was intended to be such a maudlin thread, but maybe it is better to go sooner, rather than later, and be sorely missed with only good memories, than to hang on tiresomely beyond your best.

I posted on another thread about Perfectionists and Competitors, but some guys just love their sport above all else, like Andy Murray or Paul Gascoigne.  The latter is maybe a bit of a nuisance in his neighbourhood, and maybe the kids don't play in the park...

Saturday afternoon, in a park near Gazza's house.
Kids playing football in the park...
Gazza: "Gie's a ball!  Gie's a ball!.  Hawaiy!  Watch this... Howzat!
Ah... Mefookin'hip!"
Sunday morning in the hospital
Doctor: "Mr Gascoigne, you're almost 60 years old- you can't be playing energetic sports.  And you could never score from bicycle kicks" 

As I was researching the above, I was surprised to learn that Gazza is younger than I am.

He's got until 18th August to get his bike over here for Pubcycle XI.

SC

Guy Williams as Zorro.  Then as John Robinson on Lost in Space.  Really appreciatedPatrick Mcgoohan as the Prisoner but not sure I considered him an idol.  Gomez Adams as an eccentric but loyal to the bone person.  Major Tony Nelson on I dream of Genie.  Funny thing is later in Life I did join the Air Force.  I did become a Captain and did work on aerospace things out of Cape Canaveral, Florida.

13 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Mister Spock the original Star Trek.  Loyal, efficient, unbiased, etc.  The kind of person you want on your team backing you up.

My mother fancied him something dreadful

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Mister Spock the original Star Trek.  Loyal, efficient, unbiased, etc.  The kind of person you want on your team backing you up.

Prior to that role, the actor Leonard Nimoy  had a few guest spots on the "Combat" war series as an interpreter  named "Neumann" .

This actually inspired me to learn a little German when I was around 8 or 9 years old.  So,

kudos to Mr. Nimoy for breeding inspiration into the characters he portrayed.