need to replace battery in Surface Tablet Pro 6.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you want a specific suggestion, you may want to specify your location.

For a generic suggestion, take it to any one of the zillion places that work on tablets.  They'll toddle off to a store room nearby that will sell them the battery and come back a few minutes later and install it for you.  In Bangkok, I'd try Fortune Town or MBK first.  But just about all the malls have a tech section.

Edit: That's one thing I love about Thailand.  Back home, the service fee would make it uneconomical to do even simple repairs.  In Thailand, they fix almost anything.

thanks for advice. i'm living in a village in NST. Nearest town is Surathani. i've sent my wife's several iPads, to BKK., to have cracked screens replaced. the shop doesn't do Surface tablets

Edited by paddypower
spell

Check YouTube. For some devices this is relative easy, for others it is nearly impossible.

Even if you don't want to (try) do it yourself. That should give you some knowledge how difficult it is.

Make sure you lookup your exact model. There are huge differences between different Surface models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

thanks for advice. i'm living in a village in NST. Nearest town is Surathani. i've sent my wife's several iPads, to BKK., to have cracked screens replaced. the shop doesn't do Surface tablets

the annoying thing is, just before 12 month warranty ended, in Dec 2023, i returned the Surface, complaining about poor battery performance. they either fixed it (or, most likely, gave me a replacement refurbished unit). i am 90% certain they returned my model to me. maybe i should cut my losses and quit. except I'm committed to a massive coastal erosion project on my land. so money is too tight to mention 🙂

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

the annoying thing is, just before 12 month warranty ended, in Dec 2023, i returned the Surface, complaining about poor battery performance. they either fixed it (or, most likely, gave me a replacement refurbished unit). i am 90% certain they returned my model to me. maybe i should cut my losses and quit. except I'm committed to a massive coastal erosion project on my land. so money is too tight to mention 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/TrueitComputers/ or do it yourself.

From your previous thread...

53 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Maybe you could Google it (how the change a Surface Tablet battery), then order the battery on Lazada and install it.

See if there is an Advance shop anywhere near you and send it to them to do.

good idea - the Advice (sp?) - they used to be in Surat town. not sure of they moved. but will check it out best idea yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, paddypower said:

thanks will check it out. my recollect is that the tricky part s re-sealing the tablet afterwards.  actually, there is a PC teckie in our village. fingers crossed.

Unless he is experienced with Surface devices, I would default to someone who has experience or just do it yourself, carefully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Unless he is experienced with Surface devices, I would default to someone who has experience or just do it yourself, carefully.

And buy the battery yourself.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, paddypower said:

thanks will check it out. my recollect is that the tricky part s re-sealing the tablet afterwards.  actually, there is a PC teckie in our village. fingers crossed.

Do you imagine that your local 'teckie' will have these tools at hand? 

OperaSnapshot_2024-07-15_050733_www.ifixit_com.png.83044c0208cfd7f96c2c05283771aba5.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

excellent info source. please share. no, but i he goes to BKK a lot and I'd imagine his offer will be  to take it there to get the battery replaced,

Edited by paddypower
spell

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

excellent info source. please share. no, but i he goes to BKK a lot and I'd imagine his offer will be  to take it there to get the battery replaced,

I did share, it's a clicky link below the picture of the tools.

I also indicated where you could send it to get it done. Better to trust someone who is experienced with Surface.

Edited by NowNow