Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Pretty good speech, though a bit too long and rambling. Main issue for Dems was that he didn't refuse the nomination and throw his support behind Biden.

After a suitable dramatic entrance, he offered a new unifying message at the beginning, with some touching moments, and went on to remind the audience of the party's platform and why it should be implemented. Didn't give a lot of specifics, but this wasn't the place for them.

Threw out some red meat for the hard core and didn't roll over and beg for more punishment from the Biden admin and leftists in Congress. After all, they themselves don't really believe in any unity and never did. Rather, he underlined his commitment to the fight. That is, still has the balls go up against "crazy Pelosi." 🙂 

Google hides all the sympathetic reviews, but one can be found here. Surprisingly, PBS had a decent review.

Was nice to see a stage full of good-looking, normal people for change instead of the Dem freak show. Seems appropriate for an appeal to the heartland and the heralded return to common sense. 

image.png.91b771f78566e506e77b55d0d30917f7.png

If that's all you got you should be worried.

There will be no convention bounce.

Kremlin darling Vance's speech was even worse.

Unity for maga fascists means worshipping dear leader just as they do.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The only attention the demicrats get is to see how they screw up next.

Tell yourself that but a fresh new democratic ticket will energize all non maga fascist Americans enormously.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kremlin darling Vance's speech was even worse.

Unity for maga fascists means worshipping dear leader just as they do.

Yet more unfounded ad hom attacks. In what way is he a "kremlin darling"?

He is in favor of peace. Of Europe taking more charge of its own affairs. One unexplored reason why Russia felt safe in invading Ukraine was that the European members of NATO were too weak to offer any effective deterrence. How many soldiers could they field if need be? At best a brigade or two.  

He rightly thinks that America should focus more on Asia than on Europe. After all, the GDP of Europe is 10 times that of Russia. Surely they can defend themselves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He is in favor of peace. Of Europe taking more charge of its own affairs. One unexplored reason why Russia felt safe in invading Ukraine was that the European members of NATO were too weak to offer any effective deterrence. How many soldiers could they field if need be? At best a brigade or two.  

He rightly thinks that America should focus more on Asia than on Europe. After all, the GDP of Europe is 10 times that of Russia. Surely they can defend themselves.

Sure thing.

They celebrated in Moscow.

Moscow doesn’t want peace.

They want to erase Ukraine as a sovereign country.

I care about Ukraine. Vance doesn't and he said as much.

I believe caving to Putin has very negative global implications that will cost much more to Americans than military aid to Ukraine. 

I like VP picks that Putin doesn’t love.

A good friend of Vance is Tucket Carlson a notorious useful idiot for Putin another Kremlin darling.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

"One unexplored reason why Russia felt safe in invading Ukraine was that the European members of NATO were too weak to offer any effective deterrence."

So we can agree that NATO was not a threat to Russia! 😀

Edited by candide
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

"One unexplored reason why Russia felt safe in invading Ukraine was that the European members of NATO were too weak to offer any effective deterrence."

So we can agree that NATO was not a threat to Russia! 😀

No arguments here.  The threat,as Russia saw, was Nato continually getting new members until they reached the border of Russia. To a paranoid group like the Russians, this was very scary.

But Nato has been coasting for decades.  The US defence budget as a portion of GDP has always been double or triple the NATO allies.  Canada, to my embarrassment, has been even worse and for longer. I remember when I was in the Armed Forces, we didn't even have enough money to pay for blank rounds to simulate combat training. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So no, Trump didn't shower with his daughter. Why not just admit it instead of digging a deeper hole?

Oh...wow!...you got me....as far as I know, to the best of my knowledge Trump didn't shower with his daughter.

Phew...I will sleep so much better tonight having got that of my chest...555

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Who's worried, as we look at you got. No bounce needed, sorry.

'Course he may be out before whe weekend's over. Even Obama's jumped ship. But then OH NO, your replacement, the DEI candidate:

Who'll be shredded by Vance. Tulsi Gabbard easily chewed up her up to end her presidential bid. 

So it's you who'd better hope. LOL. Michelle???

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Who's worried, as we look at you got. No bounce needed, sorry.

'Course he may be out before whe weekend's over. Even Obama's jumped ship. But then OH NO, your replacement, the DEI candidate:

Who'll be shredded by Vance. Tulsi Gabbard easily chewed up her up to end her presidential bid. 

So it's you who'd better hope. LOL. Michelle???

Stop with the Michelle idiocy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:14 PM, riclag said:

Trump / Vance did a first at the convention!

They had my fellow Teamster brother come and speak! The President of the Teamster Union made a historic speech !

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-vance-eyes-shift-republican-party-1925499

Seems a large proportion of your fellow teamster brothers disagree with you.

After the speech O’Brien conceded in a CNN interview that “Joe Biden is the most pro-union President we’ve ever had.”
John Palmer, a Teamsters executive board member and vice president at large, said Tuesday that he was “embarrassed” by O’Brien’s convention speech.
Teamsters’ members respond in disgust: The Teamsters’ social media account attacked its own president on Wednesday, saying “unions gain nothing from endorsing the racist, misogynistic, and anti-trans politics of the far right,” two days after O’Brien addressed the Republican National convention.

Early this year, O’Brien began flirting with Trump, having invited him to speak to the union’s executive board. James Curbeam, chairman of the Teamsters National Black Caucus, denounced O’Brien’s move and called Trump “a scab masquerading as a pro-union advocate after doing everything in his power to destroy the very fabric of unions.”

Teamsters.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watching his rather Jeb Bushisan low energy speech just caught the sacred immigration chart that saved the life of Our Lord - behold a miracle.

‘I’m not supposed to be here tonight,’ he said, a line he has already used in interviews about the shooting last weekend. ‘Yes you are! Yes you are!’ the crowd chanted back. ‘Thank you,’ said Trump, with a little glimpse of the old Donald coming back. ‘But I’m not. And I’ll tell you. I stand before you in this arena only by the grace of Almighty God.‘
Trump’s grasp of theology is bizarre – if an all powerful God wanted him to survive, surely he was meant to be there?
But he does seem to have fallen in love, almost too sincerely, with all the people from that fateful rally in Pennsylvania last weekend. ‘For the rest of my life,’ he said. ‘I will be grateful for the love shown by that giant audience of patriots that stood bravely on that fateful evening in Pennsylvania.’

https://archive.ph/eRm3Y

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Just watching his rather Jeb Bushisan low energy speech just caught the sacred immigration chart that saved the life of Our Lord - behold a miracle.

‘I’m not supposed to be here tonight,’ he said, a line he has already used in interviews about the shooting last weekend. ‘Yes you are! Yes you are!’ the crowd chanted back. ‘Thank you,’ said Trump, with a little glimpse of the old Donald coming back. ‘But I’m not. And I’ll tell you. I stand before you in this arena only by the grace of Almighty God.‘
Trump’s grasp of theology is bizarre – if an all powerful God wanted him to survive, surely he was meant to be there?
But he does seem to have fallen in love, almost too sincerely, with all the people from that fateful rally in Pennsylvania last weekend. ‘For the rest of my life,’ he said. ‘I will be grateful for the love shown by that giant audience of patriots that stood bravely on that fateful evening in Pennsylvania.’

https://archive.ph/eRm3Y

You have to wonder how evil those kids were.......the one's already suffering from cancer..........for the same God to allow a missile on their hospital.

Maybe too busy looking after Mr Trump to notice the missile.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing.

They celebrated in Moscow.

Moscow doesn’t want peace.

They want to erase Ukraine as a sovereign country.

I care about Ukraine. Vance doesn't and he said as much.

I believe caving to Putin has very negative global implications that will cost much more to Americans than military aid to Ukraine. 

I like VP picks that Putin doesn’t love.

A good friend of Vance is Tucket Carlson a notorious useful idiot for Putin another Kremlin darling.

What he actually cares about is Amerca First and if Europe cares about their own backyard then they should step up to the plate and fund Ukraine to effectively defend itself. I seriously doubt he has any love for Putin but just doesn't want anymore endless wars in which the US is on the hook in terms of blood and treasure contraty to the US national interest. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

What he actually cares about is Amerca First and if Europe cares about their own backyard then they should step up to the plate and fund Ukraine to effectively defend itself. I seriously doubt he has any love for Putin but just doesn't want anymore endless wars in which the US is on the hook in terms of blood and treasure contraty to the US national interest. 

Yeah that's what the short sighted America First fascists said before ww2.

Putin loves him. No mystery why.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop with the Michelle idiocy.

Huh? I'm talking that democracy fascist leftists profess to love and protect. She may be your only hope, man.

Graphic with the headline, "After the first presidential debate, Biden and Trump remain in dead heat. In hypothetical matchups, Michelle Obama is the only Democrat to beat Trump."

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/only-michelle-obama-bests-trump-alternative-biden-2024

Put her in as a different DEI figurehead, let the same Weekend At Bernie's puppet masters run the show as now. You got a continuation of the same failed, self-defeating America-last policies you know and love. What's not to like?

Edited by BigStar

39 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

OMG....Someone tell me this is a spoof.........

I hope not. "All you criminals, all you lowlives, all you scumbags, all you drug dealers and all you crooked politicians need to answer one question brother: whatcha gonna do when Donald Trump & all the Trumpimaniacs run wild on you brother?!?"

Sounds good for a change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Huh? I'm talking that democracy fascist leftists profess to love and protect. She may be your only hope, man.

Graphic with the headline, "After the first presidential debate, Biden and Trump remain in dead heat. In hypothetical matchups, Michelle Obama is the only Democrat to beat Trump."

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/only-michelle-obama-bests-trump-alternative-biden-2024

Put her in as a different DEI figurehead, let the same Weekend At Bernie's puppet masters run the show as now. You got a continuation of the same failed, self-defeating America-last policies you know and love. What's not to like?

Piling on the idiocy.

A poll like that is about name recognition. 

The second a lesser known Democrat is nominated they'll be top name in the press globally.

How many times do people need to be told Michelle has zero interest in this and even if she did which again she doesn't her popularity would drop like a rock when looked at as an actual candidate rather than a celebrity.

Move on!

At this point even mentioning Michelle again is a totally troll move.

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A poll like that is about name recognition. 

And who people say they'll vote for over Trump!

The second a lesser known Democrat is nominated they'll be top name in the press globally.

But will lose. This is the problem, you see. You need to WIN, man.

How many times do people need to be told Michelle has zero interest in this

How many times do people need to be told Biden's NOT going to resign? Never say never when it comes to poltics. Besides, dream the impossible dream. Sleep more soundly, relieved of the fear of MAGA.

image.png.42829337fb7017bbb924cd65e3804e70.png

even if she did which again she doesn't her popularity would drop like a rock when looked at as an actual candidate rather than a celebrity.

Hey--respect. Trump was once a celebrity, his candidacy greeted with incredulous sneers by our superior intellectual elites and opinion shapers.

At this point even mentioning Michelle again is a totally troll move.

Not at all. She's still being talked about in Dem circles. Could be a very good thing for you, too. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

I hope not. "All you criminals, all you lowlives, all you scumbags, all you drug dealers and all you crooked politicians need to answer one question brother: whatcha gonna do when Donald Trump & all the Trumpimaniacs run wild on you brother?!?"

Sounds good for a change. 

If Trump is elected, crooked politicians (starting with Trump) will lead the country. 😀

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

If Trump is elected, crooked politicians (starting with Trump) will lead the country. 😀

Law and order EXCEPT for Trump and his cult followers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump actually looks pretty good compared to the hair sniffer. And this coming from a person who hates both. Trumps family is looking good. They got the granddaughter out there speaking and she’s on the ball at 17. 

Trump doesn’t start unnecessary wars, or at least it seems that way. And he was the first president in the White House to support gay marriage. It seems like tee dee sss has gotten everyone though so facts don’t really matter. Never mind the fact that he got shot at and stuck his arm up in the air in the heat of the moment and declared “fight”. Biden would have taken another giant terd. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't post obnoxious presumptuous stuff like that. 

I noticed CNN has a phony RNC studio set up, so it looks like they're in Milwaukee while they are actually in NY, how funny is that? 

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Kamala vs this guy and it’s another win for trump because the guy is, idk, alive. 

A LOT of people would pay large dollars to see JD and Kamala live, head to head (maybe shouldnt say that about Kamala...) 

JD is polished, smart, and has great delivery. Kamala was rendered speechless by Tulsi Gabbard and left the Democratic primary with exactly zero delegates. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

Trump actually looks pretty good compared to the hair sniffer. And this coming from a person who hates both. Trumps family is looking good. They got the granddaughter out there speaking and she’s on the ball at 17. 

Trump doesn’t start unnecessary wars, or at least it seems that way. And he was the first president in the White House to support gay marriage. It seems like tee dee sss has gotten everyone though so facts don’t really matter. Never mind the fact that he got shot at and stuck his arm up in the air in the heat of the moment and declared “fight”. Biden would have taken another giant terd. 

Biden is exiting soon.

Find some new attack lines.

• Thumbs Up 1