Visa cambodia for border run Ban Laem

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

Depending on your local immigration office and their TM30 policy, it might still be relevant if you re-entered on the same multi-entry visa, or if you entered visa exempt.

If the former, you might not be required to submit a new TM30 notification (but it's best to check with your IO). If the latter, you are definitely required to submit a new TM30 notification. If you fail to do so, you could very well get fined just like the OP.

In Oct last year I came back on a new visa and a new passport. I moved my TM30 that I have had since 2015 to the new passport and when I did the extension in Dec nothing was said.

Yet to do a 90 day report since that entry, see what happens then. 

I managed to get only 30 dollars exchange at the bank. The banks around here were out of dollars. Hopefully they will accept the corruption fee in bahts, I will show that it's supposed to be 30 $ on the government website then offer 300 for the corruption fee and another 300 for the I don't want to sleep in Cambodia fee. Will see if they are nice enough to accept this or get greedy and hold me for the night there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

It went ok, they don't speak even a hi our movement of the head or anything, they just wave with their hands to tell you to come or to f off, both side of the border.

I wonder if the more you smile the more they know how much you are ready to beg them to see your family again.

Anyway, Cambodian IO wanted 1500 bahts, didn't care about the 30$, I managed to make him understand that I was ready to pay the corruption fine but to accept the 30$, once I put 400 bahts next to it he was ok. Next was the arrival boot, another one, he showed me a card without explaining anything, I told him ok please give it to me I will fill it immediately, he waved his hand to say no, he managed to say 2 and I managed to understand he meant 200 bahts, I insisted to fill the card myself but as he became aggressive I gave the 200. They would not speak on the Thai side either, busy eating or playing games on their mobiles, as I asked for the TM 6 and got no answers, I asked if they could speak Thai (in Thai), they got a little surprised but went back ignoring me.

In total I paid 1700 bahts instead of the 2500 bahts asked by the agent that you are forced to deal with when you give your passport to the departure Thai IO.

Took only 30 minutes, they treat everyone like they or POS so nothing personal.

Edited by Jo77
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jo77 said:

... I asked for the TM 6 and got no answers, ...

Some things haven't changed.  Were there guys just before Thai immigration offering to "help you" fill out TM-6 forms for 100 baht?   That was the only way to get a TM-6 at that entry-point, years ago.

On 7/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, steve187 said:

Pong Nam Ron is closer

Pong Nam Ron is not a border crossing. It's a town on highway 317 and an amphur in Chanthaburi.

It has two border crossings with Cambodia, 33km to Ban Laem and 32km to Ban Pakkard, 23km apart. Minivans are available for both locations from the Chanthaburi bus station.

Ban Laem is a bigger crossing and more often used by visa run companies; I know someone who used Ban Pakkard without problem last week. 

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Ban Laem does though. I wonder how the OP resolved that situation, asking for a TM6 and not getting an answer...

He won't require a TM6 for things such as extension, TM47 etc 

Can't see them reintroducing it at airports and thinking all land border entries will not require TM6

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

He won't require a TM6 for things such as extension, TM47 etc 

Can't see them reintroducing it at airports and thinking all land border entries will not require TM6

Just did a 60 day extension at Ubon, I do have a TM 6, the lady said, I want a copy of the TM6, I said, "Oh, really, for a 60 day".....:unsure:

1 minute ago, transam said:

Just did a 60 day extension at Ubon, I do have a TM 6, the lady said, I want a copy of the TM6, I said, "Oh, really, for a 60 day".....:unsure:

And if you had entered at land border that does not do TM6 then you would just inform her.

If you had entered via air you would not have a TM6.

A 60 day extension? Must have been based on visit Thai wife/family?

Just now, DrJack54 said:

And if you had entered at land border that does not do TM6 then you would just inform her.

If you had entered via air you would not have a TM6.

A 60 day extension? Must have been based on visit Thai wife/family?

My nearby Laos border still does the TM6, and yes, to visit my house........🤭

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

My nearby Laos border still does the TM6

Then fine. Provide the TM6 to immigration.

For the border crossings that do no do TM6 those folk will not provide it. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Then fine. Provide the TM6 to immigration.

For the border crossings that do no do TM6 those folk will not provide it. 

No doubt....🤗

On 7/17/2024 at 2:32 PM, sandyf said:

A friend of insisted on paying the official amount in USD, despite being asked for THB. Had to wait for 5 hours to get his passport back, that was at Poipet.

I used  to go to Ban Laem regularly, a lot easier now they have improved the road. The "agents" always asked for the visa fee in THB plus their fee for doing it, could normally knock a third off that. Used to be very quick, passport back by the time you come out of duty free.

I discovered this week that the visa-run price through an agent has increased by 500 baht since 60 days became available last week. The 500 probably goes to border officials on both sides.

• Haha 1

pongnamronstamp.jpg.43907ba518c4aebe14f86184b0dc5cbc.jpg

3 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Pong Nam Ron is not a border crossing. It's a town on highway 317 and an amphur in Chanthaburi.

It has two border crossings with Cambodia, 33km to Ban Laem and 32km to Ban Pakkard, 23km apart. Minivans are available for both locations from the Chanthaburi bus station.

Ban Laem is a bigger crossing and more often used by visa run companies; I know someone who used Ban Pakkard without problem last week. 

you call it what you like but Thai immigration and me call it Pong Nam Ron

Edited by steve187
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

pongnamronstamp.jpg.43907ba518c4aebe14f86184b0dc5cbc.jpg

you call it what you like but Thai immigration and me call it Pong Nam Ron

Thai Immigration do no such thing, they refer to them as the Ban Laem and Ban Pakkard Border Check Points, because they both use the same stamp.

I am sure I used to see a building near the traffic lights on the 317 that also said "Immigration".

I think Pong Nam Ron is the only jurisdiction that has 2 land borders.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/23/2024 at 6:35 PM, Caldera said:

Ban Laem does though. I wonder how the OP resolved that situation, asking for a TM6 and not getting an answer...

It was right front of my eyes in their hands, I asked them if they were speaking Thai, I insisted and finally got it.

• Like 1