Bread Pudding- where to buy in Pattaya ?

how241

16 minutes ago, how241 said:

Thanks !!!   I am writing to them now.  I sent over this video and also told them it can be any recipe.

Tig has worked in the U.S. and is an expert on American desserts.  She makes great biscuits as well!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I buy cans of Carnation condensed milk from tops.... toss it in a pan of boiling water for 3hrs..... Lush Caramel !

They don't sell Condensed Milk in Thailand 😊

Here is the TOPS website: https://www.tops.co.th/en/pantry-and-ingredients/canned-food/condensed-milk

Show me the Carnation Condensed Milk that you think that you purchased. 

The Condensed Milk that you grew up with is not sold nor produced here. Perhaps you might obtain it from an independent retailer such a Siamburys if they bring any in. But the Carnation product sold in Thailand is related only by the brand name.

I guess you haven't really bothered to look at the tin nor the ingredients. Carnation in the UK is milk and sugar; that's it. Perhaps 55% milk and 45% sugar. The locally produced item will have between 8% to 13% milk products if any milk products at all. Some are specifically labelled non-dairy. Take the time to look at what you are putting into your body.

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2024 at 5:05 PM, how241 said:

I have seen bread pudding at Friendship Market and occasionally at TOPS.  I am on the darkside so both are not so close to me.  Has anyone seen bread pudding for sale around Pattaya ?  I don't want to make it myself.

Thanks for any help. 

https://www.pattayabiz.site/business/la-cremerie

Obviously from all their overpriced stale bread, but this place makes it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 9:20 AM, Keeps said:

Yes, very much so. Bread pudding is a pretty stodgy lump of cake. Bread and butter pudding is much lighter. Triangles of buttered bread (or broiche etc) baked in the oven in a light custard. Some add sultanas, raisins, choc chips etc. 

th?id=OIP.-JDoZM7d63p0KCo66g41FAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Indeed.   Coincidentally, here's a bread and butter pudding I made a few weeks ago, complete with 'real' custard.

20240620_084923.jpg

20240620_100941.jpg

20240620_125045.jpg

• Love It 2

6 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Indeed.   Coincidentally, here's a bread and butter pudding I made a few weeks ago, complete with 'real' custard.

20240620_084923.jpg

20240620_100941.jpg

20240620_125045.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

20240620_084923.jpg

20240620_100941.jpg

20240620_125045.jpg

I object! That's not a 'real' bread and butter pudding 😊 No one serves bread and butter pudding with custard. The custard is integral to the bread and butter pudding. I can't see any such thing is yours.

Relegated to Bread Pudding status until rectified 😊

17 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Strange that they don't list their branch on the ground floor of Terminal 21. It's called Le café de Paris there.

Yes same owner and product and the prices are even higher there.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Wrong, there was indeed custard soaked into the bread before baking, otherwise it would look like toast!   Different options what to pour over it, including custard or pouring cream etc.    My wife isn't a fan of cream, so custard it was on this occasion.  This was the pudding out of the oven.   

20240620_093829.jpg

I'm not wrong, it needs more eggy custard within. Obviously it's what I'm used to and of course my remark was made somewhat with tongue placed firmly in cheek. Don't take it too seriously. It's a matter of taste.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Yes same owner and product and the prices are even higher there.

Though to be fair, the products look good and authentic.

Just now, NowNow said:

Though to be fair, the products look good and authentic.

They are delicious but overpriced.

La Boulange is probably the best French bakery in town, thank God not run by Belgians.

Tiens, voilà du boudin, voilà du boudin, voilà du boudin (voilà du boudin)
Pour les Alsaciens, les Suisses et les Lorrains (les Suisses et les Lorrains)
Pour les Belges, y en a plus
Ce sont des tireurs au cul

image.thumb.jpeg.335f1c86321f9bbfd9753bb5524c86b7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NickyLouie said:

They are delicious but overpriced.

La Boulange is probably the best French bakery in town, thank God not run by Belgians.

Tiens, voilà du boudin, voilà du boudin, voilà du boudin (voilà du boudin)
Pour les Alsaciens, les Suisses et les Lorrains (les Suisses et les Lorrains)

image.thumb.jpeg.335f1c86321f9bbfd9753bb5524c86b7.jpeg

Again, a matter of taste. I used to pop in there for pastries a while back. Don't eat sugary things that often anymore.

I hadn't had any for years until i ate at La Cremerie and where a small piece of excellent bread pudding comes with your coffee and a dollop of real whipped cream with it.  I am sure they sell proper size pieces too. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PeterCouling said:

I hadn't had any for years until i ate at La Cremerie and where a small piece of excellent bread pudding comes with your coffee and a dollop of real whipped cream with it.  I am sure they sell proper size pieces too. 

Thanks !!   I will keep this in mind if I am out that way.  It pretty far for me,  being past Marko.

40 minutes ago, how241 said:

Thanks !!   I will keep this in mind if I am out that way.  It pretty far for me,  being past Marko.

Is this the same Marko that worked in Makro?????