> Jump to content

Ignoring Posters: Always a Hot Topic. But, possible to Ignore Oneself? How?

Hi Folks,

The basic mechanics and functions of the forum seem to have changed very slightly, if I am not mistaken, during recent times.

And so, I just noticed that when I hover over a member's profile photo/image, there is this button that allows a shortcut to "ignoring" that member.

I do not recall seeing this before, but this is NOT the question that I have been asking myself this evening.

The thing is that, when I hover over MY OWN Profile Image, I do NOT see an IGNORE Button, and no suitable shortcut for the purpose of Ignoring Myself?

So, then, I ask you...

Is this fair?

And, just from a technical perspective....

And here is the REAL question....

WHAT would happen IF....

A member IGNORED himself??!!!!

Would the member disappear from his workstation?

Would the member still remain on TV in the virtual world, but vanish from the Real World?

Would it be like Falling into a BLACK Hole?

image.png.476f7ba734dcfb928e4af90e62a71376.png

I wonder.....

If I ignored myself in Everyday Life.....then what?

This might actually be a good idea, in fact.

Sometimes we become overly self-reflective, and we begin to forget that there is the real world outside of ourselves, a world of beauty...

Outside this...

Twilight Zone...

Best regards,

Gamma

Note:  Surely you have an answer for me....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ye're dedoanthair, if Ah could ignore thon CowboyClown Ah'd beoanit like a dogoanabeetroot.

It's only fair to advise that in the argument over whether I have imagined the Imam's fictional character, or vice versa, I have been unable to substantiate his claim to have a Facebook page.  

Aye,right, Cowboy - if Ah wiz a figment ae' yer imagination, wid Facebook huv blocked me fir ma Sectarian views?

I think I read in the Dale Carnegie book many years ago that he suggested that you can write letters and then put them in a drawer and never take them out of that drawer again. You can try something similar like just don't press the Submit button. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think I read in the Dale Carnegie book many years ago that he suggested that you can write letters and then put them in a drawer and never take them out of that drawer again. You can try something similar like just don't press the Submit button. 

Letters I've written

Never meaning to send

These are all trolls and trolls get quoted a lot. That is their whole purpose in life. I don't want to have anything to do with any of them, including when others feed them by quoting them.  An ignore feature is useless to me unless I can ignore their quotes as well.

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The second part of my multi-part question:  Let's say I manage to push a button on TV which allows me to ignore myself.

And further, let's say that I then upload and submit a Topic to TV.

Would I be able to edit the Topic?

Would I be able to reply to my comments on the Topic?

Would this Topic I had submitted to TV...just.....completely...

Disappear for me?

Sort of as if, for me, the Topic had never existed, except that I might still retain the memory of having posted a Topic which no longer, at least for me, exists?

22 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The second part of my multi-part question:  Let's say I manage to push a button on TV which allows me to ignore myself.

And further, let's say that I then upload and submit a Topic to TV.

Would I be able to edit the Topic?

Would I be able to reply to my comments on the Topic?

Would this Topic I had submitted to TV...just.....completely...

Disappear for me?

Sort of as if, for me, the Topic had never existed, except that I might still retain the memory of having posted a Topic which no longer, at least for me, exists?

That'd belike Deja Vu, bt different
No bar fines, for a start.

Maybe it would be more like Saturday nights.  Predominantly blank, bar the Tickets and the subsequent Court  Summons.

EDIT: I was going to post "I fought the law" under bar but that is so much better.  Sometimes you have to follow your heart

Edited by StreetCowboy

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Maybe it would be more like Saturday nights.  Predominantly blank, bar the Tickets and the subsequent Court  Summons.

EDIT: I was going to post "I fought the law" under bar but that is so much better.  Sometimes you have to follow your heart

It might also be like Knights in White Satin, never seeing the end....

Listening at night with my first GF, to the Moody Blues, on a blue sheeted bed,

With a blue couch against the opposite wall.

And knowing, at that time, that those times would not last, 

And, knowing that ....

Who knows, really, what I knew, back then?

I just know that those days, maybe a month or so, no longer exist for me now.

Fortunately, soon after those days ceased to exist,

Her younger sister came to see me, and..

Then, we drove my new Pontiac Lemans, from the tri-state area...

Up to the Chateau Frontenac, in Quebec City.

Having bedded his only two daughters,

The girls' father was hopping mad, and...

For a few days after I returned,

My poor parents believed that I would soon...

Cease to exist.

Whether or not I have been living in a virtual reality, or computer simulation, since my Girlfriends' Father killed me over five decades ago,

I do not know.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

What are bar fines?