Who you really are as a person

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Let's see if you take that advice.

How much advice have you received from your OP, have you been able to plan the rest of your life from all this wonderful info from people you'll likely never meet! What should I have for lunch today, Susy??? :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

I try to be a decent person.  I'm not religious and dislike organized religion but I try to live by the Golden Rule.  I try to not let negative things that happen upset me and, instead, try to 'bend with the bamboo', one of my Dad's favorite sayings.   I try to always be a 'glass half-full' guy.   Note, a lot of 'trys' there.  Not always successful but trying.   

I think i's a good idea to not take everything too seriously.  Some things, yes, of course.  But many other things, not such a big deal when you think about it.  I still remember a line from some movie I've forgotten the name of.  The line was something like, 'One hundred years from now nobody's going to give a sh*t what happened to you today'.    Shake it off and get on with your life.     

One thing I have learned over the years is that sometimes something negative happening can turn into a positive with time.  I remember right after college going for several job interviews and not getting the job.  I was very down, but then I interviewed for a job at a community college library and got the job.  This job was a much better fit for me than the other jobs I had tried to get--and I ended up working at the community college for 35 years.  Lousy salary but great job, great co-workers, and great benefits, including a traditional retirement pension with COLAs I am grateful to have.  

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

From what they post. Let's see - Trumpers, antivaxxers, climate denialists, Russia supporters, anti-fluoridation, electric Jesus owners - have I missed any?

Trump is favourite to win. Climate is funny seeing you fly on planes to live in Thailand. Russians support Russia. Sodium Flouride is toxic waste from aluminium refining.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I try to be a decent person.  I'm not religious and dislike organized religion but I try to live by the Golden Rule.  I try to not let negative things that happen upset me and, instead, try to 'bend with the bamboo', one of my Dad's favorite sayings.   I try to always be a 'glass half-full' guy.   Note, a lot of 'trys' there.  Not always successful but trying.   

I think i's a good idea to not take everything too seriously.  Some things, yes, of course.  But many other things, not such a big deal when you think about it.  I still remember a line from some movie I've forgotten the name of.  The line was something like, 'One hundred years from now nobody's going to give a sh*t what happened to you today'.    Shake it off and get on with your life.     

One thing I have learned over the years is that sometimes something negative happening can turn into a positive with time.  I remember right after college going for several job interviews and not getting the job.  I was very down, but then I interviewed for a job at a community college library and got the job.  This job was a much better fit for me than the other jobs I had tried to get--and I ended up working at the community college for 35 years.  Lousy salary but great job, great co-workers, and great benefits, including a traditional retirement pension with COLAs I am grateful to have.  

Yeah after each cloudy day is a sunny day. Usually something bad happens before something good.

Posts with abusive language towards other posters removed.

Be polite and civil to other posters at all times if you want your posts to remain.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:00 PM, Ralf001 said:

MMPI-2

I took the MMPI at the U.S. Veterans Administration hospital a few times. 
The first time I was told, we don't know what is wrong with you, but there is definitely something wrong. 

Later, after taking it again, I aske the proctor how they could be sure that the results of the test was accurate?  Could the person taking the test change what it showed about the test takers mental condition?  He told me it was a 500 question test and that I could not change the results. 

I challenged him on it and he gave me the test again.   After the second time, two doctors questioned me as to how I was able to change the results of the test.