Biden has pulled out of 2024 Presidential election race. What next?

Just now, impulse said:

I used to think Ana Kasperian (sp?) was just an idiot who is easy on the eyes.  She's come around to make sense on quite a few topics.  And she's still easy on the eyes.

they made a video detailing joes mental state over the last 4 or 5 years. quite informative especially the parts where dems talk about how bad he was even back then. 

Just now, transam said:

Doubt it...........🤗

you missed what happened over the last month eh ? it's only going to get worse for them in the next few months.

if i am wrong i will admit it and say sorry. 

disclaimer......a trump fan and a biden fan walk into a bar... neither was me. 

Right wing Trumper cultist turds are losing it! Just about every post is wrong, a lie or a deflimation to another poster. You people are vile. BTW Trump backing out of debate?

Oh did you not see? They are talking about Harris for president.........NOT vice. So she won't be debating VD. How dumb can you be

?

1 minute ago, bubblegum said:

Right wing Trumper cultist turds are losing it! Just about every post is wrong, a lie or a deflimation to another poster. You people are vile. BTW Trump backing out of debate?

Oh did you not see? They are talking about Harris for president.........NOT vice. So she won't be debating VD. How dumb can you be

?

Eh............:huh:

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

He held his own well enough in the 2019 debates.

To me, his age then did not matter because he had a competent cabinet. Reagan and Eisenhower were not all that functional at the end of their presidencies either.

Unlike Trump, who surrounded himself with toadies, and got rid of anyone who dared disagree with him.

That same competent cabinet also propped him up for the next few years though. Not good. 

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You have a written statement from Biden, and it's in world mainstream media.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-22/joe-biden-reelection-hope-ended-by-age-worries-after-long-career/101359570

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c1e5xpdzkd8o

Why should it matter how he resigns?

"This is not the way we do it in American government".

IIRC Trump governed by tweet from day one of his presidency.

Good analysis.

You have identified the problem with this governance.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

That same competent cabinet also propped him up for the next few years though. Not good. 

The competent cabinet got the economic numbers going a lot better than many other countries,  despite the wailing Greek chorus coming from the GOP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The competent cabinet got the economic numbers going a lot better than many other countries,  despite the wailing Greek chorus coming from the GOP.

So who has been running the show then ? Clearly he wasn't and the praise should not go to him but those who actually were.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

So who has been running the show then ? Clearly he wasn't and the praise should not go to him but those who actually were.

You've got Blinken, Sullivan, Austin, Yellen and Powell, all solid performers. It's a team effort.

• Thanks 1

History will not be kind to Biden. 

He couldn't quit until he did a deal with Harris. Hence the announcement followed later by the endorsement. 

His price for leaving was a guaranteed pardon for Hunter after the tax trial. September is going to be dominated by influence peddling and money laundering testimony at the California trial. 

Hunter cannot be pardoned before election day, the electorate won't like that. Biden can't quit before Harris is officially nominated at earliest. So there's a narrow "pardon" window. 

Here's the problem for Harris. She's going to get hammered by the GOP asking if she has agreed to pardon Hunter. 

Joe has handed her a bag of angry rattlesnakes during election season. Well done, Joe. 

My prediction. Trump is his own worst enemy and hatred of Trump will see him defeated. The only way he wins is if Harris has an utter meltdown. Or if Trump has an October Surprise lined up. 

I've already seen a week's old video where Trump said Biden was standing down and Harris was replacing him. He's of the opinion she'll be easier to beat than Biden. 

People saying Trump is terrified have got it wrong. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You've got Blinken, Sullivan, Austin, Yellen and Powell, all solid performers. It's a team effort.

Who was the shot caller I mean. Where did the buck stop so to speak.

22 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

?

That's all they are doing is talking. Harris will not get the nod. If she does, maybe she can get mayor Pete as a running mate. 

I heard as part of Biden's deal for stepping down, that Dr. Jill would be the next Surgeon General and Hunter for Attorney General. 

Word is she'll bring in Willy Brown as Chief of Staff. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All unelected leftists, nice. 

Another aspect. Harris is not a good debater but she knows how to ask prosecutor style questions. I watched her at length during Senate hearings around 18/19 and I tipped her as a good Presidential candidate along with Amy Klobuchar. 

I was amazed to the extent she blew her campaign to pieces. Apparently her sister alienated the campaign staff and she was as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit in elite Dem circles after attacking Joe. 

Her nomination will be a procession but there's something wrong in the background. Certain Dem power blocs are already sabre rattling. 

We'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

All unelected leftists, nice. 

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that it seems to be a surprise to you that Biden has a team working with him behind the scenes or that, knowing they've done a great job, you're still pissed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that it seems to be a surprise to you that Biden has a team working with him behind the scenes or that, knowing they've done a great job, you're still pissed.

I don't think they've done a great job, I think they've done a terrible job, but I'm not a leftist.

I can understand why you think they've done a great job. 

• Agree 1

That's a reasonable response. The only think I'd really push back on is the employment, market and economy figures are pretty much fact. You don't need to be on the left or the right to compare the US's performance against its peers to judge whether a good job has been done or not.

It depends on how you look at jobs and economy as well. 

What peers does the US have economically? 

Indirectly that points to my main gripe with MAGA (and many other political parties worldwide, but MAGA of course just has to go bigger than anyone). Bi-partisan politics does not exist for them. If the left has suggested something then it MUST be bad and it cannot be judged on its merits. Just look at what happened to Mike Johnson as soon as he made any kind of deal with the Dems to get the job done. MTG comes along and wants him out. Mike Johnson is about as right wing as you can get and the bad built, butch body, bleach blonde one wants him out.

It is a shame that the Republicans are not able to get in lockstep like the Democrats. Nancy was nothing if not a stern taskmaster. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

What peers does the US have economically? 

I guess you could argue that both ways. No peers because of the size of the GDP or every other western democracy. Either way, the figures are positive.

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

is She on something look. Just ONE VIDEO.

Sounding more and more like a one trick pony. Biden must be on something, now Harris must be on something. Interesting that you give Trump a free pass. Have you not cast your critical eye over his speeches? The ones that make me laugh the most are when he tells us all about his intelligence test results.

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Sounding more and more like a one trick pony. Biden must be on something, now Harris must be on something. Interesting that you give Trump a free pass. Have you not cast your critical eye over his speeches? The ones that make me laugh the most are when he tells us all about his intelligence test results.

Right that's a no then. Here's the deal folks,  JUST ONE VIDEO !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

But a majority of voters have long had an unfavorable view of her. She has trailed Mr. Trump in nearly every national and battleground state poll conducted so far this year. In the most recent New York Times/Siena College poll of Pennsylvania, just 42 percent of likely voters said they viewed Ms. Harris favorably — well short of the 51 percent who had a favorable view of Mr. Biden in the state ahead of the 2020 election. It’s even lower than the 46 percent who said the same for Mr. Trump in the recent poll.

https://archive.ph/EJRzx

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Right that's a no then. Here's the deal folks,  JUST ONE VIDEO !

What's the prize, and who (other than yourself) decided that you're the judge?

You think Harris is on drugs? What's your point? Are you serious? Are you on drugs? Here's another deal, post one video of yourself, JUST ONE, to convince the rest of us that you're not a loon.

• Agree 1