Titanium Weld eye glass repair

Bill97

My titanium, full flex frames come from Zenni and cost about $25 USD. I generally order new identical frames yearly with my latest prescription. If a frame breaks, which hasn't happened, I always have a spare or two lying around and it's easy to swap the lenses.

How much did you pay for your titanium frames?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

How much did you pay for your titanium frames

Long time ago.  Probably about $3,000.  Not relevant , it is sunk cost. Unique design, can’t find after 7 hours online search.

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

My titanium, full flex frames come from Zenni and cost about $25 USD. I generally order new identical frames yearly with my latest prescription.

Where do you order these?

I googled Zenni titanium frames.

I could use a pair.

7 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Long time ago.  Probably about $3,000.  Not relevant , it is sunk cost. Unique design, can’t find after 7 hours online search.

You could always order a “spare“ pair from zenni. They have over 50  titanium frames to choose from. One of these should be suitable as a spare. Then send your old frames needing repairs out of country for repair.

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

You could always order a “spare“ pair from zenni. They have over 50  titanium frames to choose from. One of these should be suitable as a spare. Then send your old frames needing repairs out of country for repair.

Yeh, I got a spare pair at the local pharmacy for 139 baht.

Edited by Dante99

Sawang Optical on Nimman road has a titanium welder guy in Bangkok that they use. My eyeglasses were welded and repaired in a week, including EMS to bangkok and back. Excellent work at a very reasonable cost.

Edited by kilt
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, kilt said:

Sawang Optical on Nimman road has a titanium welder guy in Bangkok that they use. My eyeglasses were welded and repaired in a week, including EMS to bangkok and back. Excellent work at a very reasonable cost.

Thank you very much.  Just what I was looking for.  I will go to them.

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 10:10 AM, kilt said:

Talked with them.  Their experience with the Bkk welder was not all positive and they could not recommend it because a lot of welds failed after a few months.  They would do it but emphasized the possibilities of failure.

My break is at a hard to weld joint.

Edited by Bill97

On 7/26/2024 at 12:29 PM, Bill97 said:

Talked with them.  Their experience with the Bkk welder was not all positive and they could not recommend it because a lot of welds failed after a few months.  They would do it but emphasized the possibilities of failure.

My break is at a hard to weld joint.

They told me roughly the same thing, saying it will never be as strong as before the repair.. My repair is still going strong about a month in...