perplexity search engine?

proton

Touted about as far better than Google so I thought i'd give it a try. Asked about my favourite subject Thai music, the answer was full of mistakes, not other opinions but wrong dates, names and origins. Garbage will just delete it. You can't rely on these things, bit like the GPS on the phone taking you down the wrong street.

• Haha 1

Maybe Thai subject matter isn’t its strong suit.  I’ve tried it. I’ve also tried some similar programs.  For free, it’s not bad.  But like anything else on the internet, you have to sort through the responses.  No guarantees.

They train these programs on Internet content.  Bots scan the web and consume it all.  Along the way, they “learn.” So, in the process they may pick up wrong information.  That comes with the territory.

One time, I was arguing with a bot and didn’t even realize it. It was being really stupid, though, so it maybe should have been obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Maybe Thai subject matter isn’t its strong suit.  I’ve tried it. I’ve also tried some similar programs.  For free, it’s not bad.  But like anything else on the internet, you have to sort through the responses.  No guarantees.

They train these programs on Internet content.  Bots scan the web and consume it all.  Along the way, they “learn.” So, in the process they may pick up wrong information.  That comes with the territory.

One time, I was arguing with a bot and didn’t even realize it. It was being really stupid, though, so it maybe should have been obvious.

One time, I was arguing with a bot and didn’t even realize it. It was being really stupid, though, so it maybe should have been obvious

If that is the criteria, you'll have a hard time discerning that here. 😊

I've still got Perplexity on my phone but prefer Chatgpt or Google. 

I ran out of free audio searches on Perplexity so tried Chatgpt and prefer it because you can edit your search question before it gets processed. 

But Chatgpt is not perfect. It didn't know who Aaron Bushnell was. Wikipedia did so I let them know. Now Chatgpt knows!