Cruise Liner From Singapore Arrives in Phuket with 3,700 Tourists

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket- A cruise liner from Singapore with 3,700 tourists arrived at the Phuket Deep Sea Port in Wichit.

Phuket Vice Governor Adul Choothong welcomed 3,700 tourists who arrived on the M.V. Genting Dream, Bahamas national cruise liner from Singapore.

The Phuket Marine Office Chief Mr. Chayaphong Pranit gave more details about the cruise to the Phuket Express.

ad

This is the first time this year that the Genting Dream arrived at the Phuket Deep Sea Port. 

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Just asking for a friend; did the UFTTD (Union For TukTuk Drivers) intervene with blocking roads leaving the port as in the past or did the governor put his foot down this time? 

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

In my 70s and never been on a cruise.

Looking at that photo, I remember why.

I cannot think of anything worse than being stuck on that monstrosity for days on end.

I'm the same opinion as you.  Several years ago I did a 4-night cruise as part of someone's 50th birthday celebration.  I really didn't enjoy getting dressed up for dinner, didn't like the crowds, didn't want to go with the crowds on a shore trip; I generally felt trapped on a huge money-making machine.  What I did enjoy was sitting on a balcony in the fresh air, drinking wine and watching the sea go by.

Not for me again.

• Like 1

I did a 14 day cruise in the Med on a similar vessel it was like working on the oil rigs only you didn’t get paid, food was pub grub style, if you wanted better quality you paid extra. I paid a Service Charge upfront then paid another on any services onboard. After enquiring why, the upfront charge was for the behind the scenes staff. Whilst the vessel was huge it was very claustrophobic inside, entertainment was second rate, the swimming pools area couldn’t accommodate all the passengers obviously. Ok we had daily various ports of call but you were continually clock watching and didn’t want to venture far from the port in case you got lost and missed the boat, they didn’t hang about. The most boring part was the 2 days at sea returning to the home port, nothing to do and all day to do it.

All in all a waste of money yet some people swear by them, no idea why.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit

been on 7 days trip over Mid-ter sea. waste of money and time - we could drink booze back home and 90% cheaper. 

strange and weird neighbors.

never again

21 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I did a 14 day cruise in the Med on a similar vessel it was like working on the oil rigs only you didn’t get paid, food was pub grub style, if you wanted better quality you paid extra. I paid a Service Charge upfront then paid another on any services onboard. After enquiring why, the upfront charge was for the behind the scenes staff. Whilst the vessel was huge it was very claustrophobic inside, entertainment was second rate, the swimming pools area couldn’t accommodate all the passengers obviously. Ok we had daily various ports of call but you were continually clock watching and didn’t want to venture far from the port in case you got lost and missed the boat, they didn’t hang about. The most boring part was the 2 days at sea returning to the home port, nothing to do and all day to do it.

All in all a waste of money yet some people swear by them, no idea why.

was it a 2 star boat :biggrin:

• 1 month later...