President Kamala Harris

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

My error, you know I should have said 'House of Reps' - same outcome

Yet the house did pass a great border bill, why did Trump not stop that one?  

Just now, earlinclaifornia said:

Thanks as it appears the critiques are intended to add insult . Nothing that he now says is worthy and I have him on ignore

Thanks, I'll miss you. Go with God brother! 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

OK. Can see content in the article Dems would have  objected to. Seems fair enough, but not for right wing Repubs. Trump of course stopped the next effort purely for selfish reasons i.e. re-election. IMO unlikely trump will win this November and probably cause yet more division; the guy is obviously unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA

• Like 2

Just now, simple1 said:

OK. Can see content in the article Dems would have  objected to. Seems fair enough, but not for right wing Repubs. Trump of course stopped the next effort purely for selfish reasons i.e. re-election. IMO unlikely trump will win this November and probably cause yet more division; the guy is obviously unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA

Schumer refused to bring it to the floor, because he wants the border open. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Schumer refused to bring it to the floor, because he wants the border open. 

Don't believe, do not recall any Dem in USA calling for open border i.e. unrestricted entry it would be political suicide

9 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Don't believe, do not recall any Dem in USA calling for open border i.e. unrestricted entry it would be political suicide

I did not say they were calling for it, I said that they wanted it, that's why Schumer killed H.R.2

The left wants to pretend they want a strong border, but wants to keep it open. Is that not clear to you? 

That's why they talk about how important they are to the economy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did not say they were calling for it, I said that they wanted it, that's why Schumer killed H.R.2

The left wants to pretend they want a strong border, but wants to keep it open. Is that not clear to you? 

That's why they talk about how important they are to the economy. 

It's your opinion - again I do not believe it is a current or prospective Democratic party policy.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, simple1 said:

It's your opinion - again I do not believe it is a current or prospective Democratic party policy.

Then you are not paying attention. 

Why did the Biden administration cancel every Trump border policy, even though they were working? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The Border has been a bi-partisan issue since Reagan

No solution so far and both parties need to work somethingmore permanate

The recent declines heps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The Border has been a bi-partisan issue since Reagan

No solution so far and both parties need to work somethingmore permanate

The recent declines heps

If you have access to WaPo the following URL provides plenty of detail concerning the challenges:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/2024/02/11/trump-biden-immigration-border-compared/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

If the Democrats genuinely want open borders.....why don't they just do it?

Are they legally bound to have border guards, walls and fences in place?

What is stopping them?

Because if they open the borders willy nilly without the subterfuge they are using they would lose the support of those that they have hoodwinked into thinking they are for the poor and "oppressed"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A post with unattributed content and the replies have been removed, please remember this from the Political Soapbox forum header:

• Stay on topic and back up any claims with credible sources.

Off topic posts and replies about evaporative cooling have been removed.

30 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

As per usual, Yes you got it wrong. Just like democrats the world over, Instead of using reading comprehension to understand the content you decide to rewrite, redefine or re-interprete so that what ever is said can be twisted to make it look like you are right. I won't waste my time on a history lesson. You will continue to follow the democrat party line no matter what is presented to you. 

Will you try to respond please as your points need  little backing. Not just saying he is wrong without explaining, thanks.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump said on FOX that 70% of Americans live in poverty.

Trump is flat out crazy.

70% struggle to live above basic life. Trump is living rent free in your head.

Edited by maesariang
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The actual numbers:

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/stories/poverty-awareness-month.html

No, the poverty level in the US is not 70%.

Screenshot_20240825_165552_Gallery.jpg

Sixty-five percent of Americans whose incomes are 200 percent above the national poverty line expressed pessimism that their financial struggles will improve over the course of their lifetime,

https://www.newsweek.com/middle-class-americans-struggling-1908197

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump has the same access to poverty data as anyone else. So why would he get it wrong?

Was he lying, or is he mentally challenged?

You get data wrong all the time. Were you lying?

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

It's nonsense like this that totally undermines any (occasional) valid point you may have. Dems don't want 'open borders' - don't be ridiculous. They do however want congress to put in some sensible measures that accommodate legitimate asylum seekers in a timely and efficient manner whilst not grouping them in the same category as economic/illegal immigrants.
The US has a VERY long border and it's nigh on impossible to patrol the whole length of it, so no amount of wall building is every going to stop illegal immigration - but the GOP use it as a hammer because there's not much else they can fault the Dems on right now. And let's admit it, it plays particularly well to the MAGA brigade who like to blame everyone other than themselves for their problems. 
And closing the border is just a ridiculous suggestions. Do any of you know how much legitimate business goes through the border? The hit on GDP would be catastrophic.   

When I said close the border, or open borders, I meant closes to illegal aliens, and open to illegal aliens. I am sorry that was confusing. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

If the Democrats genuinely want open borders.....why don't they just do it?

Are they legally bound to have border guards, walls and fences in place?

What is stopping them?

Biden did open the border (to illegal aliens) when he got into office and canceled all the Trump era border polices. Biden recently closed the border (to illegal aliens) recently for the election. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DNC Bump?: Harris extends lead over Trump with base built on youth vote

New data taken during the Democratic National Convention from the non-profit Angus Reid Institute finds Kamala Harris extending her national lead over Donald Trump among registered voters. The current vice president has a base built of support from 18- to 34-year-olds (59% Harris to 30% Trump), Blacks (67% to 16%) and Hispanics (57% to 33%). Trump, meanwhile, is the preferred choice among those older than 54 (49% to 40%) and whites (51% to 39%).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1