Body Recovered From Well In Pong

Georgealbert

At 17:45, on July 27, Police Lieutenant Nathipong Jiamphuak, an investigator from Nong Prue Police Station, received a report of a Thai man who had fallen into an abandoned well in Soi Lung Kia, Moo 9, Pong Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District. Upon receiving the report, he went to the scene with the rescue unit from Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation, Pattaya.

Upon arrival, officials inspected the abandoned well, approximately 8-10 meters deep, located in a cassava plantation. A large cement cover was partially opened at the mouth of the well. Nearby, they found a pair of sandals and a five-meter-long wooden stick. The body of the deceased, identified as a 55 years old, was found submerged in the well. The rescue team and divers from Sawang Boriboon Foundation had to use ropes to lower themselves into the well, then dive to retrieve the body, taking nearly an hour to complete the recovery.

The deceased’s sister, recounted that she saw her brother leave the house around noon with a long wooden stick. She didn't think much of it at the time. After an hour, she noticed his prolonged absence and began searching for him but couldn't find him. Eventually, she discovered his sandals near the well’s opening, along with the wooden stick he had taken from home. She also mentioned that a few days prior, he had been suffering from severe joint pain due to gout, which caused him a great deal of distress.

Police Lieutenant Nathipong Jiamphuak disclosed that the preliminary examination showed no signs of foul play. It is suspected that the cause of death might be suicide, possibly due to health issues. However, a thorough investigation and further questioning of the relatives will be conducted before the body is released for religious rites.

Picture from responders.

IMG_3959.jpeg

IMG_3961.jpeg

IMG_3960.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry, I have no idea, but it is quoted in the 2 reports I have seen. My only thought was it may have been used to help lever the concrete lid to the side.

It is used to see how much water is in the well.  

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

so not suicide then

Well, (no pun intended)    he could very well have lost his footing while leaning over and trying to see how much water is in the well,  however there would be foot slip marks on the ground next to the well. 

It could be an accidental fall into the well.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It is used to see how much water is in the well.  

Not saying your wrong, but if he was testing the depth of the water, why partially remove the lid, as there is a hole in the centre of the lid to use.

IMG_3962.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Not saying your wrong, but if he was testing the depth of the water, why partially remove the lid, as there is a hole in the centre of the lid to use.

IMG_3962.jpeg

I don't know why he would move the lid open slightly.  Did he want to check first using the hole and make sure enough water to drown in ?    we don't exactly know what happened. 

He was only 55yrs old,  and a bit of gout ....     not an issue at all,  he would be use to gout as I am...

was there other more serious health problems  ?

was he in deep financial trouble ?

did he want to leave the cassava wife farm for the rubber tree lady next door  ?  

was his machinery always breaking down   ?

was it an accident  ? 

very sad farmer ...

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1

I know how he felt experiencing pain from gout, it's enough to make you want to top yourself, but Allopurinol eliminates that, and it's cheap.

Edited by giddyup

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

He was only 55yrs old,  and a bit of gout ....     not an issue at all,  he would be use to gout as I am...

was there other more serious health problems  ?

was he in deep financial trouble ?

did he want to leave the cassava wife farm for the rubber tree lady next door  ?  

was his machinery always breaking down   ?

was it an accident  ? 

very sad farmer ...

I don't think you can "get used to gout", the pain is chronic.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The stick was not long enough, hence the need to take of the lid, and lean over the edge...... and the rest is just history!

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The stick was not long enough, hence the need to take of the lid, and lean over the edge...... and the rest is just history!

do you think he leant over too far and lost his footing ?

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

do you think he leant over too far and lost his footing ?

It's a possibility...... I doubt he climbed down there.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:49 AM, Georgealbert said:

Sorry, I have no idea, but it is quoted in the 2 reports I have seen. My only thought was it may have been used to help lever the concrete lid to the side.

Also maybe help him walk if he had gout.