Android TV Box

KannikaP

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No, the apps are on the smartphone, you cast the movies series sport from smartphone to TV via wifi. If you have a spare phone try it, nothing to lose

Ah, that is assuming you have a Smart TV. My F Stick is plugges into an older Samsung 48"which has no WiFI. I'll stick with the stick !

I do have a Smart TV onto which I have installed the IPTV apk, as I have on my Windows PCs via Bluestack. Both work perfectly.

Edited by KannikaP

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Ah, that is assuming you have a Smart TV. My F Stick is plugges into an older Samsung 48"which has no WiFI. I'll stick with the stick !

Yes you need a TV that allows casting/mirroring, most modern TVs will

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Too late, Flash are picking it up tomorrow. The lack of Pause button clinched the return. To pause a movie one must click the big Select button which then shows the transport controls, scroll down to the II symbol, click Select again. Firestick has II on the remote.

You don't have to use the stock remote control. I have an air mouse with a full keyboard. Much easier to type. Not that I'm trying to encourage you to keep it.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're getting all defensive, hurt feelings over a box, grow up and go outside more, meet people, you're probably on the spectrum 

It looks like it's you who is lashing out 😊 You are describing yourself....haven't you realised that yet?

Which one of us is watching TV every day? It's not me.

Which one of us is able to maintain a real relationship with a woman without having to pay for her company?

It's you with the issues.

Android TV box is the topic...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes you need a TV that allows casting/mirroring, most modern TVs will

So again, not better at all. Don't you feel silly?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NowNow said:

Which one of us is able to maintain a real relationship with a woman without having to pay for her company?

Yeah yeah your girlfriend is different, we've heard it before. You're going off topic again

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NowNow said:

So again, not better at all. Don't you feel silly?

For many people using a smartphone to cast to TV will be better than one of those rubbish boxes with poor specs, anyway move on, i know you were offended, get over it

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, NowNow said:

You don't have to use the stock remote control. I have an air mouse with a full keyboard. Much easier to type. Not that I'm trying to encourage you to keep it.

What's an air mouse please? I was able to connect a USB keyboard/mouse to it, but it only worked intermittently. 

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Started a 4K movie, which plays OK, but NO PAUSE Button on the remote.

Press the enter button, it will either pause or bring up a control bar at the bottom with a pause button.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For many people using a smartphone to cast to TV will be better than one of those rubbish boxes with poor specs, anyway move on, i know you were offended, get over it

For many people? Then how come you are the ONLY ONE HERE using that method? You think no one here has a Smartphone? Yet, they all use Android boxes....you know, the actual topic of the thread.

But then we know you are 'special' 😊

It's you who got offended and started lashing out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What's an air mouse please? I was able to connect a USB keyboard/mouse to it, but it only worked intermittently. 

It's a device with a gyroscope within that allows you to move a cursor by moving the remote through the air. Coupled with a full alphabet keyboard on the other side, convenient for when you have to type long addresses etc They aren't expensive, a fiver can cover it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah yeah your girlfriend is different, we've heard it before. You're going off topic again

You are just embarrassing yourself on this thread with your increasingly petulant and infantile behaviour. Disruptive and unhelpful.

No one here nor anyone on the WWW agrees with your assessment that using a Smartphone is better. It's just you and you cannot back it up with any facts at all. Apart from all of that, Smartphone is off-topic. The topic is Android boxes. If you have nothing to contribute with regard to Android boxes then what are you doing here?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Too late, Flash are picking it up tomorrow. The lack of Pause button clinched the return. To pause a movie one must click the big Select button which then shows the transport controls, scroll down to the II symbol, click Select again. Firestick has II on the remote.

So 2 clicks instead of 1 on the few occasions you need to pause....................

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

So 2 clicks instead of 1 on the few occasions you need to pause....................

Actually, advice on here made me keep the Mi box, and got a mid-sized keyboard/mousepad from Shopee for Bht 350. Works brilliantly. Thanks everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/29/2024 at 5:54 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Quite right, i have 6 apps on my phone which provide all the TV i want for free, movies, series, sport

And they are? PM me.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Actually, advice on here made me keep the Mi box, and got a mid-sized keyboard/mousepad from Shopee for Bht 350. Works brilliantly. Thanks everyone.

I also have one of these: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wireless-keyboard-24-ghz-touch-pad-i8d41-i437060401-s813826336.html

Cheap as chips and backlit too. You can switch the backlight on and off and toggle between three different colours...on mine at least. Useful for when you are setting things up. Of course now you already have one, so the post is for general information. They have a pause button 😊

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I also have one of these: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wireless-keyboard-24-ghz-touch-pad-i8d41-i437060401-s813826336.html

Cheap as chips and backlit too. You can switch the backlight on and off and toggle between three different colours...on mine at least. Useful for when you are setting things up. Of course now you already have one, so the post is for general information. They have a pause button 😊

The one I got has Three Bluetooth connections, set up F1 for phone, F2 for Smart TV and F3 for Firestick/Zaomei box. Great.