The most sensible comment from a politician "I want them to stop dying"

15 hours ago, atpeace said:

I think most in the the US wish they didn't always have to fix other countries issues. It's blatantly obvious that the USA attempts have failed miserably in most instances since WWII.  Have a feeling Ukraine will be another failure. 

Russia isn't the power they once were but why keep poking at  a diminished power that has anger issues.  Europe's GDP is comparable to the USA.  Why can't Europe deal with Russia being it borders Europe?

Because the MIC wants its profits

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, BobBKK said:

CNN   "do you want Ukraine or Russia to win this war"

Trump:    “I want everybody to stop dying. They’re dying. Russians and Ukrainians. I want them to stop dying"

Shame on warmongering CNN

When Trump says he wants everybody stop dying, does that also include Palestinians? Or are those just animals and it doesn't matter? 

3 hours ago, luckymitchell said:

This is misinformation.

The context of this clipped soundbite was bringing back voter ID. As in, its important to vote this time because there is currently no voter ID required, so anyone can vote, but once in power he will 'fix it', ie- ID will be requireed, so future election will be safe.

And once he fixes it the Beautiful Christians will not have to vote any more.

How about the Interactive Christians of which there are many, would they have to vote? 

I love it when Chicken Don says things and then his supporters come back and try to explain what he really meant to say. :laugh:

If you are going to regurgitate republican talking points . please try and get them right, what you said makes no sense .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

And once he fixes it the Beautiful Christians will not have to vote any more.

How about the Interactive Christians of which there are many, would they have to vote? 

I love it when Chicken Don says things and then his supporters come back and try to explain what he really meant to say. :laugh:

If you are going to regurgitate republican talking points . please try and get them right, what you said makes no sense .

watch the FULL version you will see what was actually said.  You have used a link that is using words taken out of context. 

Edited by luckymitchell
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When Trump says he wants everybody stop dying, does that also include Palestinians? Or are those just animals and it doesn't matter? 

Seems there are no heroes any more. Trump's attitude on israel is as bad as anything Biden supports. However, the rest of his policies are more aligned with my druthers than the Dems.

It's a choice between a candidate with one rotten policy as against a candidate that is completely rotten.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with the hypocrisy! Stop killing in Gaza and Ukraine! As I said earlier, at least he is right at 50%, whereas Biden/Harris want more war. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

The Trump haters will pile on Trump no matter what he says.

I don’t like him, but he is fairly consistent when it comes to being anti war. It is one of his positives.

Personally I couldn’t care less about them. Both sides have valid and invalid points. 
I shed no tears.

Trump being anti war? So why was the army fighting in so many countries when he was a president?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Halting further aid would only encourage Putin to increase attacks.

You don't negotiate with dictators. Ask Neville Chamberlain how that worked out for him.

If you are going to use Chamberlain as an example try to get it right. Had Britain gone to war then they were hopelessly unprepared and would likely have been completely defeated. The letter gave Churchill time to prepare and even though the British army in France was thrashed by the Germans, the airforce was able to save the mainland from invasion.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I agree with the hypocrisy! Stop killing in Gaza and Ukraine! As I said earlier, at least he is right at 50%, whereas Biden/Harris want more war. 

Many, maybe most, US politicians want more wars. Because more wars mean more money for the industrial military complex. And that means more donations for those politicians.

And if people die in those countries far away, who really cares? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, luckymitchell said:

watch the FULL version you will see what was actually said.  You have used a link that is using words taken out of context. 

Like I am going to sit there and listen to an hour of Chicken Don word salad. 

Do you understand what a "dog whistle" in propaganda is?

Not all of us are a "simple" as Chicken Don followers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, RayC said:

The US did not depose a democratically elected leader: Yanukovych was ousted by a popular uprising.

The Ukrainian parliament had passed a bill approving the signing of the EU - Ukraine Association Agreement. Yanukovych was elected on a platform which promised that this bill would be signed into law. The Ukrainian electorate made their view clear: they wanted Ukraine to look West, not East. Following his election, Yanukovych unilaterally decided not to sign the Agreement. To put this into context, it is akin to Boris Johnson standing on a platform of 'Get Brexit done' and then, once elected, unilaterally deciding that the UK would remain in the EU. This was the catalyst for the Maidan revolution.

Prior to the popular uprising, Putin had been giving the Ukrainian rebels in the East, economic and military aid i.e. he was interfering in the domestic affairs of another sovereign nation. He now went a step further and invaded Crimea and the Dombass and things have escalated from there.

The truth of the matter is that the war in Ukraine has little to do with US interference and everything to do with Russian aggression and expansionism.

yeah right, the dude was pro Russia, that yanks funded the uprising to install a pro west/us guy instead.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Like I am going to sit there and listen to an hour of Chicken Don word salad. 

Do you understand what a "dog whistle" in propaganda is?

Not all of us are a "simple" as Chicken Don followers. 

You missed the salient point—he was taken completely out of context, and manipulating speech like that is an abuse of journalistic license. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, TedG said:

You don't support the war, but you excuse Putin's war on Ukraine. 

So the answer to my original question "have you been to Russia" is:

never been to Russia
never known a Russian
don't know where Russia is
I rely on MSNBC, CNN, ABC to tell me what I need to know

I don't support the war in Gaza or Ukraine - the quicker you stop supplying billions to feed the military complex the quicker peace will come

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You missed the salient point—he was taken completely out of context, and manipulating speech like that is an abuse of journalistic license. 

i had the same with that idiot marlin a couple of days ago, he posted the same thing, when given a link proving it was misleading and totally out of context, , they just ignored it and continued , same ones call people brainwashed!

Edited by frank83628
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are going to use Chamberlain as an example try to get it right. Had Britain gone to war then they were hopelessly unprepared and would likely have been completely defeated. The letter gave Churchill time to prepare and even though the British army in France was thrashed by the Germans, the airforce was able to save the mainland from invasion.

Perhaps you can tell me why Chamberlain was replaced by Churchill, then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i had the same with that idiot marlin a couple of days ago, he posted the same thing, when i pointed out it was misleading and totally out of context, they just ignored it and continued , same ones call people brainwashed!

But you are...........🤔

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No my friend , you completely missed the point about :dog whistles"

But even your contention that "it was taken out of context"  does not sound correct . So I went to Fox entertainment news, thinking that every other news outlet was biased. and here is what Chicken Don said himself at a fox interview after the event  

"Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday repeatedly prodded former President Trump over his comments at a conservative Christian summit, where he told attendees they won’t have to vote anymore after November.

Trump did little to push back on the backlash over his remarks, as some Democrats have suggested the former president was saying there would be no more elections if he won. Instead, Trump repeatedly argued his comments were because Christians do not vote in large numbers, and he offhandedly questioned Jewish voters who support Democrats."

Nowhere did he say anything that he  was taken out of context. Not sure how you came up with it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1