The most sensible comment from a politician "I want them to stop dying"

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps because they speak an unfortunate truth, and not Democrat propaganda.

I get it - there is no such thing as Republican propaganda, only unvarnished truth.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Don't forget to list the Christchurch shootings, done by a white nationalist who was decidedly right-wing. In your neck of the woods, I understand.

Let's face facts, shall we? The biggest domestic terrorism threat is from extreme right wingers.

That deserves more than a laugh emoji on the post, so here you go

:cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, frank83628 said:

i read it, i don't really have an opinion on it other than i  guess you accept the vote tallies and polls in the article, do you accept the ones for the Crimea referendum? the last paragraph shows the bias of Patrikarakos, basically it doesn't matter what Putin said, he thinks otherwise.

Personally i would prefer to listen to Putin speak directly so as not to be misquoted or edited. thats why i would watch RT for things like that, the same as i used to watch the white house live to hear Trump unedited.

I'm not surprised that you don't have an opinion on the article as it undermines your premise that the US is to blame for the current conflict.

The last paragraph does not show any bias on Patrikarakos' part; it shows that he does not believe Putin which is a different thing. Events in Ukraine since 2014 add ample evidence to support Patrikarakos' skepticism re Putin's intentions.

Wrt the Crimea. I accept that polls can get results wrong but, call me cynical if you like, I find it hard to believe that support by those in the Crimea for unifying with Russia rose from 41% (according to a poll) in February 2014 to 96% a mere month later in the referendum.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, frank83628 said:

no, i dont think Russell Brand is a high ranking political analyst, he was interesting to watch with regards to covid for those of us that didn't believe the msm narrative, and no, not anti vax or covid denier, just question things than blindly follow on.

The MSM narrative on COVID being what? That the vaccines offered some protection against the virus?

Brand is nothing more than a self-serving conspiracy theorist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you often add 2+2 and get 22?

Did I mention Republicans?

I'm sorry, I should have put a sarcasm alert on the post for your benefit.

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Let alone Professor Sachs and Professor Mearsheimer, two super intellectuals recognised for their understanding of world affairs and both political science experts.

Both can be found on YouTube for those with an open mind.

You keep citing Mearsheimer and Sachs' views on Ukraine as though they are the definite word on the matter.

That is obviously not the case. That have an opinion which others vehemently disagree with. I dare say that they are a few "super intellectuals" among the signatories to the open letter.

https://voxukraine.org/en/open-letter-to-jeffrey-sachs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/international/3543012-who-caused-the-russo-ukrainian-war-nato-or-russia/amp/

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You don't know anything about the situation - you think you do. That is dangerous, but I do give enormous credit to the MSM for sowing such an intricate web of lies. Some see through it - some do not.

You are quite clueless, aren't you?

Trump couldn't care less how many Russians or Ukrainians die. He makes statements like " I want them to stop dying" because he thinks such comments will garner him votes.

A guy who describes dead US soldiers as "suckers and losers" and does not want to be seen with disabled vets has zero empathy. What makes you think he has suddenly found it w.r.to Ukraine?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are quite clueless, aren't you?

Trump couldn't care less how many Russians or Ukrainians die. He makes statements like " I want them to stop dying" because he thinks such comments will garner him votes.

A guy who describes dead US soldiers as "suckers and losers" and does not want to be seen with disabled vets has zero empathy. What makes you think he has suddenly found it w.r.to Ukraine?

Trump cares about one thing only. Trump. 

He's not complicated!

• Like 1

Trump's

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO I am not alone in questioning how wealthy Trump really is. Consider the following facts:

1/ Trump was the only President in US history to refuse to make his tax returns public.

2/ He could not come up with the $450 odd million to appeal the Engoron judgment. It was then reduced. Bond was arranged through a shell company which had less NTA than the new bond.

3/ He is using campaign funds to pay his legal expenses.

4/ He owes Deutsche Bank somewhere north of $400 million, which loans mostly fall due in the next couple of years.

5/ He owns 17 golf courses. Nearly all of them are losing money hand over fist. He can't get PGA endorsement for any of them.

6/ He has had six bankruptcies on his business record.

7/ Contrary to popular belief, many of the properties with the Trump name on them are not owned by him. They are leased.

What kind of billionaire flogs gold sneakers and bibles? True, he's excellent at grifting a low IQ base, but one has to wonder whether his purported wealth is not all smoke and mirrors.

And where did you get that information from? When Truth Social went on the stock exchange his wealth increased by $1.5 billion. Did you know that a day or so before his attempted assassination a company was short selling Trump stock to the tune of 12 million shares. The assassination attempt was not a  lone wolf. None of them have ever been lone wolfs.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

Trump cares about one thing only. Trump. 

He's not complicated!

His finances certainly are. Unraveling them would take a Cray supercomputer a few years.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

His finances certainly are. Unraveling them would take a Cray supercomputer a few years.

Trump's tax returns were released. Now we want to see Obama's and Hillary's and Pelosi's. The last three increased their personal fortunes to many millions while in office. Trump donated his presidential salary to charity.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yeah but the underlying situation is evident -- corruption, corruption, corruption. 

Yes a lot but not from Trump. They had his tax returns that turned out to a be a nothing burger. If they had found ANY dirt on Trump they would have been all over him.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You don't know anything about the situation - you think you do. That is dangerous, but I do give enormous credit to the MSM for sowing such an intricate web of lies. Some see through it - some do not.

What?  Russia didn't invade Ukraine on a lie?  Is that your narrative? 

• Like 2

The big fat lie has been the MSM who were dead against what was happening with the US backing a revolution in Ukraine in 2014 and when the war actually started doing a total 180 and started supporting the coke head, Zelensky.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, rasg said:

The big fat lie has been the MSM who were dead against what was happening with the US backing a revolution in Ukraine in 2014 and when the war actually started doing a total 180 and started supporting the coke head, Zelensky.

Ridiculous accusation. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ridiculous accusation. 

Getting desperate.

The realisation that their argument is lost may (hopefully) be beginning to dawn on some Putin supporters.

5 hours ago, rasg said:

Trump's

And where did you get that information from? When Truth Social went on the stock exchange his wealth increased by $1.5 billion. Did you know that a day or so before his attempted assassination a company was short selling Trump stock to the tune of 12 million shares. The assassination attempt was not a  lone wolf. None of them have ever been lone wolfs.

This claim is false. Austin Private Wealth did not short sell 12 million shares of Trump Media on July 12, 2024.   I will make it simple for you , please provide the  documentation that supports the claim. A nonsensical allegation from Instagram, Rumble or X is not acceptable.

Austin Private Wealth is an investment advisory company based in Austin, Texas.  US SEC records show that the firm filed a July 12 report that did show a "put" amount of 12 million on Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (DJT)  The put was for the quarter that ended June 30.  This was not a day or so before  before the PA event.  A PUT option is NOT short selling. 

A put option (or “put”) is a contract giving the option buyer the right, but not the obligation, to sell a set number of the declared securities at a predetermined price within a specified time frame. This predetermined price at which the buyer of the put option can sell the underlying security is called the strike price.  Ever since  DJT was launched, analysts have stated that it was overpriced and that the share price would be corrected down, and that is what occurred;    From April 8, 2024

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2024/04/08/trumps-stock-officially-down-50-since-first-day-peak--trumps-stake-down-over-3-billion/

Former President Donald Trump’s social media company’s stock market slide continued Monday, as the more than $10 billion valuation scored by Trump’s company’s just two weeks ago looks to be fleeting.  (It reduced by 50%)

The company is a meme stock. It generated $40 million in revenue in 2023. That  kind of revenue cannot support the stock price, which means that the stock price will fall.  This then brings us back to why larger investment firms would have registered their rights to sell securities. Prudent traders typically buy Puts when they expect the stock’s underlying asset to fall, i.e. the value of DJT corrects. The DJT stock performed as expected. It has been up and down like a toilet seat.  IMO the  small investors who bought the stock will lose much of their investment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

What is the point of making  nonsensical  statements? Your claim reads like talking points from a Russian propagandist. Calling President  Zelensky a cokehead is infantile. What evidence do you have?

The Ukraine war was initiated long before the Russians invaded the Ukraine in 2022. Russian backed militias as of March 2014 were actively killing Ukrainians. These militias were under the control of Russia.   In July 2014, using Russian supplied antiaircraft missiles, the militia   murdered 173 people onboard the Malaysian airline when they shot it down.  The free world supported the Ukrainian resistance  when Russia formally invaded in 2022 because Russia unilaterally attacked and invaded a smaller, weaker nation.

Bingo. Russian propaganda. End of story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

Getting desperate.

The realisation that their argument is lost may (hopefully) be beginning to dawn on some Putin supporters.

I am not a Putin supporter but I understand why he launched his Special Military Operation. Quite a few of you need to do some research on the subject as you don't have a clue what's actually going on. The movie, Ukraine on Fire is a good place to start. Unlike most on here I look at both sides of the argument and I don't get my information from the Mockingbird MSM.

Look at any of Zelensky's speeches and you will see what I mean.

Edited by rasg
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm sorry, I should have put a sarcasm alert on the post for your benefit.

It does help, as without one I take everything your side writes as what they believe.

I try to do so on any post I write that is sarcasm.

3 hours ago, rasg said:

I am not a Putin supporter but I understand why he launched his Special Military Operation. Quite a few of you need to do some research on the subject as you don't have a clue what's actually going on. The movie, Ukraine on Fire is a good place to start. Unlike most on here I look at both sides of the argument and I don't get my information from the Mockingbird MSM.

Look at any of Zelensky's speeches and you will see what I mean.

No need to do any research if one believes everything from western MSM is the truth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1