[QUIZ]20th Century US History Quiz

Crossy

I have yet to complete this quiz.

My Predicted Score: 0/100

My Predicted Time: Infinite

The only US History I have ever read is the history behind Taft's Bathtub. I know a LOT about Taft and His Bathtub. But, this is the absolute limit of my US-History knowledge.

image.png.f420be7ba686206f13a6621267cd0c2b.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I just completed this quiz.

• My Score
    0/100
  • My Time
    2 seconds

Did you abort before completion?

Otherwise, 2 seconds is hardly believable.

The only other possibility is hacking of the quiz.

On this quiz, with five questions and five answer choices per question, if a member were to pick answers at random, then what might be the probability of scoring 20/100?

And, what might be the probability of scoring 0/100?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Same score but I beat you time. :laugh: 

Seriously I took the general knowledge quiz and was surprised that I did not do as well as I thought I would. The questions were like trivia pursuit  questions and since my whole life has been dedicated to the pursuit of triviality I thought I would do a lot better. But I think it was the fault of the quiz because it kept asking me questions I did not know the answer.  

Maybe because, throughout your entire life, you were playing the wrong game, trivia pursuit, instead of Trivial Pursuit?

image.png.5cfa5dec2eac2bc2d91b2d2e5efdbb9e.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe because, throughout your entire life, you were playing the wrong game, trivia pursuit, instead of Trivial Pursuit?

image.png.5cfa5dec2eac2bc2d91b2d2e5efdbb9e.png

Ohh! the gremar pilice rstrikes adain. 

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Ohh! the gremar pilice rstrikes adain. 

More like the trivia police, I guess.

Anyway, this is about quizzes, and the question of Trivial Pursuit may crop up from time to time.

I just want us all to be prepared.

And,  speaking of preparation, do you think the graders of these quizzes will penalize test-takers for guessing wrong answers?

This happens on some multiple-choice tests, but not on others.

Just asking.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And,  speaking of preparation, do you think the graders of these quizzes will penalize test-takers for guessing wrong answers?

This happens on some multiple-choice tests, but not on others.

No!  but at the end of the year all the points will be calculated and the three highest finalists will receive a set of Asean Now commemorative plates, to be displayed with pride at your place of residence. 

It is an awesome responsibility and honor, so apply yourself diligently. 

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No!  but at the end of the year all the points will be calculated and the three highest finalists will receive a set of Asean Now commemorative plates, to be displayed with pride at your place of residence. 

It is an awesome responsibility and honor, so apply yourself diligently. 

OK, Sir.

I will do my very best.

But, I must tell you that there are actually TWO ways to score very well on any multiple choice test.

method a:  Score 100-percent by choosing answers that are 100-percent correct.

method b; Score 100-percent by choosing answers that are 100-percent incorrect.

Either way, due to probability theory, method A and method B will NOT be so easy.

Not easy.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK, Sir.

I will do my very best.

But, I must tell you that there are actually TWO ways to score very well on any multiple choice test.

method a:  Score 100-percent by choosing answers that are 100-percent correct.

method b; Score 100-percent by choosing answers that are 100-percent incorrect.

Either way, due to probability theory, method A and method B will NOT be so easy.

Note easy.

Though both of your methods are correct and you will be scoring 100% 

Method B will be going against your phrase  

"TWO ways to score very well on any multiple choice test. " with the operative word being "well"  

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

"TWO ways to score very well on any multiple choice test. " with the operative word being "well"  

If you are from the UK, then I must defer to your better judgment on this finer point.

The reason I do is that I am an American, and we all know about the Americans.

Why does the average writer living in the UK write better than the average writer residing in North America?

Are you able to answer this question, too?

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Even I as an American can see that my error is one of logic and not really an error in grammar.

I am impressed that you noticed this error which I don't consider to be too glaring.

But then, as I just stated, you are probably from the UK, and at schools in the UK many of the teachers teach English, unlike most of the teachers in North America.

I am enjoying this new Quiz Game on TV, already!

26 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you are from the UK, then I must defer to your better judgment on this finer point.

The reason I do is that I am an American, and we all know about the Americans.

Why does the average writer living in the UK write better than the average writer residing in North America?

Are you able to answer this question, too?

What does that have to do with what I said concerning multiple choice test probabilities? 

and where did you find that statistic? I did a search and could not find such statistic. 

PS: sorry , I read your previous which I had missed  and now i see the relevance of this post. 

Edited by sirineou
addition of PS:

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Even I as an American can see that my error is one of logic and not really an error in grammar.

I am impressed that you noticed this error which I don't consider to be too glaring.

But then, as I just stated, you are probably from the UK, and at schools in the UK many of the teachers teach English, unlike most of the teachers in North America.

I am enjoying this new Quiz Game on TV, already!

Not From the UK , and in view of the results of  the giant IQ test trump's candidacy  has giving us  I am embraced  to say that I am also American . :smile: