Need some expert advice, are Dr Treelove and Isaan Ausie still around.

Ive been here ain Surin a few years now, farming two areas. Before I came i read many threads on farming and realised you have an abundance of knowledge. I need to know the growing calendar for Surin. When do I plant my tomatoes? Please help me find some reference to when to plant. It seems that anything will grow anytime but many plants bolt or fail to fruit. Please help.

• Like 1

Generally, planting tomatoes during or just before the rainy season is just asking for trouble. I have some cherry tomatoes under a roof, planted in bought in soil, but I'm not hoping for much. I have lovely soil but I, along with others in the village, am unable to successfully cultivate any members of the nightshade family, apart from chilli. Probably verticillium wilt, which BScTreelove will inevitably tell you is due to poor soil management, and then recommend some exotic product from the USA. You do realise that mentioning specific members will sort of annoy people like me? 

Generally in Thailand, there isn't a sowing / planting season, it's a matter of are you willing to water when necessary, is for instance, planting watermelons just before the long, dry season starts, a good idea? Sorry DrTree. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2024 at 4:04 AM, IsaanAussie said:

I'm still around here in Sisaket but still absolute rubbish growing tomatoes. Can I suggest you check out "Gordon Tickle" on YouTube. He is a Pom in Chiang Rai with the greenest thumbs I know.

I will check it out, Satuek here