1 Dead, How Not To Drive In Heavy Rain.

An accident occurred near the Sai En curve in Song Salung Subdistrict, Klaeng District, Rayong Province. Initial reports indicate that a sedan lost control in heavy rain and crashed into a utility pole.

The collision resulted in the death of one male occupant, who was trapped inside the vehicle. Emergency responders had to use cutting equipment to extricate the deceased from the car.

Authorities are investigating the cause of the accident and have urged motorists to exercise caution when navigating the area, known for its sharp curve.

Picture from responder.

IMG_3993.jpeg

9 minutes ago, LennyW said:

If you follow Zoom Rayong on Facebook you will see this about a dozen times a day in Rayong province, more than doubling when it rains. 

Yes the video, if I remember maybe from them.

I slow down to 75 km/hr in rain. I have been as low as 20 km/hr when it is torrential, or even pulled over.

I stay in the left lane, because I am being overtaken by vehicles doing up to 40 km/hr faster.

Is there even any mention of what to do in rain, in the Thai driving manuals?

There is a Thai word for aquaplaning, although IMO most Thais would not understand its significance.

17 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Imagine if Thais had to drive on snow and ice.....

I am very well aware that when the roads are only WET, I’m not talking about rain, travel times will double. Isn't it time someone should teach them how to drive?