Kamala Harris Erases Trump's Swing-State Lead, Turning Election into a Tight Contest

Social Media

On 8/3/2024 at 11:26 PM, susanlea said:

She is brown not black. Most tvs are black. 

You have become an expert on racial classification.

I guarantee you that if Kamala Harris has been born in the South in the 1950s, she would have been sent to a Black segregated school.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:50 AM, Danderman123 said:

The polls today are weak predictors of the results in November.

But they give a snapshot of the state of the race today, when more people are paying attention to the race.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:56 AM, Hanaguma said:

Back to the topic at hand- according to Real Clear Politics, Trump still has a 2 point lead overall, in their average of all polls. Plus leads in 6 of the 7 battleground states- Michigan being the only one where Harris leads.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your Russian friends are certainly sending you plenty of talking points.

Don't be so pathetic. I'm entitled to an opinion, even if you don't like the truth. Or are you suggesting the NY post is a Russian propaganda service?

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The New York post is a rag and a mouthpiece for  Murdoch. It has it's  own agenda , mostly aligned with trump for the time being. 

Maybe so, But are the facts it claims wrong? again just because Murdoch owns it doesn't mean it's lies. One could also say that CNN,MSNBC and a few other news outlets have an agenda also based on support for the Dems, for the time being!

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Maybe so, But are the facts it claims wrong? again just because Murdoch owns it doesn't mean it's lies. One could also say that CNN,MSNBC and a few other news outlets have an agenda also based on support for the Dems, for the time being!

True about cnn and msnbc but they haven’t been fined almost a billion bucks for willfully spreading lies and misinformation supporting the felon’s election lies as Mr murdoc has hummm….?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 9:56 AM, Hanaguma said:

Back to the topic at hand- according to Real Clear Politics, Trump still has a 2 point lead overall, in their average of all polls. Plus leads in 6 of the 7 battleground states- Michigan being the only one where Harris leads.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Live by the poll, die by the poll:

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-harris

You will note that Trump only leads in the older polls.

Screenshot_20240806_121327_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Danderman123

I am not claiming that polls taken now are predictive of the results in November.

Polls taken after Labor Day *are* very predictive. For our Russian friends here, Labor Day is the first Monday in September.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A tight contest?

Harris will be pleased. I doubt she's experienced anything tight for a few years. Not since she started working her way up the political ladder anyway. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A tight contest?

Harris will be pleased. I doubt she's experienced anything tight for a few years. Not since she started working her way up the political ladder anyway. 

Sad man.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sad man.

Yeah it is sad in this day and age, but she had to do what she had to do. 

Worked out well for her in the end. 

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Sad man.

That's what I said, man.

It's not all bad though. Big Willie Brown had a result. Imagine that, a woman half your age when you're 60. I'm sure it had nothing to do with his political influence though.

I'm sure the married overweight 60 year old Willie was a real catch Irrespective of his influence, man.

I'm really surprised they are no longer together. Seemed like a true romance, man.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's what I said, man.

It's not all bad though. Big Willie Brown had a result. Imagine that, a woman half your age when you're 60. I'm sure it had nothing to do with his political influence though.

I'm sure the married overweight 60 year old Willie was a real catch Irrespective of his influence, man.

I'm really surprised they are no longer together. Seemed like a true romance, man.

Wow.

You seem to have some issues with women.

• Thumbs Up 2

Poll: Harris jumps to a small national lead over Trump

"Vice President Harris has upended the presidential race and has now built a 51%-48% lead over former President Trump, according to the latest NPR/PBS News/Marist poll.

That result is 4 points better than just after Harris got into the race two weeks ago when President Biden bowed out."

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, thaipo7 said:

Don't count your chicken yet.  Some of those eggs are cracked like your thinking.

Despite Publicly Hyping Kamala Harris, Democrats Are Singing a Different Tune in Private: Report

The Democrats and their allies in the media may be singing Kamala Harris’s praises in public, but don’t be fooled.  As it turns out, they don’t like old “Laughin’ Kamala” any more than the rest of us.  In fact, a new report revealed Harris’ allies are singing an altogether different, much less optimistic, tune in private.  According to The Hill, Democrats are especially worried that Harris may be unable to connect with the white working-class and union voters in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  President Joe Biden was able to connect with such voters in 2020. The three states were absolutely key to Biden’s electoral victory.

But now, having jumped into the race with only a few months left to go, Harris is working from behind.  It may be too late, some Democrats believe, for her to make up enough ground to win the election.  Others are willing to admit the obvious — a cackling, California communist doesn’t exactly appeal to voters in more moderate states.  “Everything I’ve always heard is she doesn’t have that many relationships in Pennsylvania, and she hasn’t established any kind of identity here. Obviously, it’s a very big difference with Joe Biden.”  Other Democrats told The Hill they know from Harris’s previously failed efforts in the 2020 DNC primaries that she is an awful campaigner.  “We need to be very clear-eyed, and it’s going to be brutally tough,” one Democrat reportedly told The Hill.

Trump’s victory may be far from locked in at this point, but having an opponent like Kamala Harris representing the opposition sure does help his chances.  And now you don’t just have to take this writer’s word for it — Democrats are saying the same thing behind the scenes.

I don't know if it's enough to make her lose, but I really, really hope so.