Thai customer complains about buffet restaurant staff service

On 8/2/2024 at 9:38 AM, paul1804 said:

Bad reviews can definitely have a negative impact on business and even when the establishment is the victim of an unreasonable customer Google and Trip advisor will not remove the review. 

Personality conflicts often influence these reviews and have no real indication of whether the establishment in question is a good prospect or a bad one. 

I have a restaurant and had a situation where a lady requested a table for herself and a very loudly screaming child, she was politely asked if she could control the Childs behaviour which she replied she could not so she was refused a table, she gave me a terrible review which has no bearing on the quality of my food, service & value for money which is what review's are supposed to indicate.

Was this in Thailand? If it was did you take action against her?

On 8/1/2024 at 5:18 PM, StandardIssue said:

There was also a farang at the Nana Sukumvit McDonalds complaining his fries were cold and that he ordered a hamburger not a pork burger. ALERT THE MEDIA!!

The one at the gas station? Is that still open?

12 hours ago, Utalk2mutt said:

They can’t take any form of responsibility either.

Yeah, and the same thing with always believing they have good service in Thailand. In reality it's some of the worst I've ever had. And I've been living in Thailand for many years now.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Utalk2mutt said:

Was this in Thailand? If it was did you take action against her?

No of course not, it just raises the bar on negative publicity doing that. Its bad enough that a potential ( Eastern European) customer feels she has the right to turn a dozen or so diners evening meal into a nightmare and because we have the right to refuse service given the situation she can damage my potential business image. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

No of course not, it just raises the bar on negative publicity doing that. Its bad enough that a potential ( Eastern European) customer feels she has the right to turn a dozen or so diners evening meal into a nightmare and because we have the right to refuse service given the situation she can damage my potential business image. 

Definitely handled it well unfortunately most Thai restaraunts don’t understand how taking a legal course of action can have a detrimental effect on their business. Loss of face is a bigger issue.

On 8/5/2024 at 2:57 AM, DjSilver08 said:

No, they weren't unjustified. It's was a valid complaint from a customer.

I suppose that would depend on how you define "valid".
Where did you read anything that would bring you to such a conclusion? I highlighted a few spots for you (below) that I believe would bring anyone to the opposite conclusion. Of course, without seeing the evidence first hand, it's impossible to claim it is so, outright, but the likelihood certainly appears to be that the customer was in now way justified in making his rant/complaint, which would not make it valid in my understanding of the word. In the end, it looks like the court will end up deciding how justified it was.

"The owner further disputed the claim that the manager had shouted at the customer to close the door gently. Surveillance footage, reviewed from the time the customer entered until they left, reportedly showed no such incident occurred.

In a passionate message, the owner swore on sacred entities that their account was truthful and challenged the customer to present any evidence of misconduct, proposing that the CCTV footage be used in court if necessary. The owner declared their intention to pursue legal action against the individual, identified only as Miss D, without any possibility of settlement.

The owner implored the public to consider that even anonymous posts can be traced and that such damaging actions should cease. They emphasised that there are many appropriate channels for complaints and that no business wants to face ruin. The restaurant is open to constructive feedback and willing to make improvements, but the owner felt compelled to defend their business against false accusations.

Ultimately, the customer who posted the critical review issued a public apology, admitting that the post was made in anger and that they only wanted the staff to communicate more politely. The customer expressed willingness to apologise formally if needed and stated their intention to remain a regular patron of the restaurant.

In response, the restaurant owner reiterated that monetary compensation was required and confirmed that legal action had been initiated against the customer, reported KhaoSod."